Opinion The Draw is an absolute joke!!

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Geez I’m pissed off at how the draw has completely fucked us..
We got Penrith a week before origin team was announced,so they had a full team..
Next two games they get beaten..
Our next game is against Manly, but of course next weekend there are no games..
So they will have their stars back to face us the following week..
Really??
Origin 1, there were still a few games and some teams got to face others without their stars ..
Of course we don’t ..fucking joke
We get the Roosters 4 days before origin 3, so hopefully Walker gets a call up for origin 3
No Crichton,Tedesco,Radley
Am I the only one frustrated by how the origin period plays out for us?

Last edited:

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t agree, surely you’re not saying we should be given soft games because we’re a shit team so we could win a few more games.

There are so many flaws with the draw, the rounds, how many times teams play and how quickly they play each other twice but our problems are much deeper than who we play and when.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Shit thread!
There is no point climbing the ladder playing shit teams if you cant beat the good teams.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don’t agree, surely you’re not saying we should be given soft games because we’re a shit team so we could win a few more games.

There are so many flaws with the draw, the rounds, how many times teams play and how quickly they play each other twice but our problems are much deeper than who we play and when.
Great points I’m also not convinced a easier draw would mean more wins either. Just look at that Raiders game that was served up to us on a platter and we failed to win it.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only issue I can see with the roster is I don't think I have seen the Panthers play anywhere else other than west of the Sydney CBD yet.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We got Penrith a week before origin team was announced,so they had a full team..
Really??
Origin 1, there were still a few games and some teams got to face others without their stars ..
We get the Roosters 4 days before origin 3, so hopefully Walker gets a call up for origin 3
We've had the same every SOO.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Is there evidence that any team has been given extra advantages with the draw over SOO or byes?

Only then do the public have a legit grievance.

We are the Bulldogs. Bad draw. Bad ref results and bias. What's new.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really??
Shit happens with the draw but year after year we seem to miss the teams with most origin players missing. Anyway would much rather fair and equal refereeing any day.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The draw is terrible this year we play most of the top teams twice & most of the games v bottom 8 teams have been away games

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s true..and it happens every year.

Unfortunately with weak leadership over the past 10 years weve become the NRL kicking can...nobody respects or gives a fuck about us

In saying that ..I do think next year we’re on the up and it’s time for some other club to go through what we’ve endured

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The draw for the NRL is diabolical and has been for years, though it keeps getting worse. A divisional system with 12 teams in each division would enable a proper home and away draw, with all 3 Origin games being played on stand alone weekends. This would also help decrease the rate of injury and potential help some players to extend their careers.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We shouldn't be WANTING to face half strength sides to get a win.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Shit year, is what it is .. however have seen glimpses of what TBAZ can do with a good team at his disposal, every win now is exciting, let’s just keep the donkeys at the bottom and give them the spoon. That’s our coaches challenge..!

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Jesus we’re blaming the draw now are we

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not even the teams in the top 8 separating themselves from the bottom. Top 3 teams v teams currently running 6-8 is staggering in terms if win/loss and even more so looking at F/A

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The draw for the NRL is diabolical and has been for years, though it keeps getting worse. A divisional system with 12 teams in each division would enable a proper home and away draw, with all 3 Origin games being played on stand alone weekends. This would also help decrease the rate of injury and potential help some players to extend their careers.
This would be ideal but how the divisional system would work from the start. There would be a massive backlash from clubs about advantages to certain clubs etc.

I think under the current setup every team should play each other once each once over the first 15 rounds. Alternative home grounds over two years.

Then play the Origin series over 3 weeks. Stand Alone with Pacific Nation games etc to fill in the gaps.

After Origin, the Top 8 after 15 rounds play each other twice. The Bottom 8 play each other twice.

22 rounds

Teams 1-7 are guaranteed finals football
Team 8 plays Team 9 for the final place in the finals.

This would also allow better management of days between matches. Splitting the comp you could also split when they played. There would be closer matches across the board.

This bit where the Roosters & South’s need to play each other twice & the Bulldogs & Parra must play twice etc for historical reasons is bullshit.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really??
Remember, if you are old enough, when we used to have SOO players? We used to play the good teams without them. It always seemed to work out that way for some reason.