The Doomsday Clock is now minutes to midnight - Whatever that actually means

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Sounds fun

Founded in 1945 by Albert Einstein and University of Chicago scientists who helped develop the first atomic weapons in the Manhattan Project, the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists created the Doomsday Clock two years later, using the imagery of apocalypse (midnight) and the contemporary idiom of nuclear explosion (countdown to zero) to convey threats to humanity and the planet. The Doomsday Clock is set every year by the Bulletin’s Science and Security Board in consultation with its Board of Sponsors, which includes 10 Nobel laureates. The Clock has become a universally recognized indicator of the world’s vulnerability to global catastrophe caused by manmade technologies.

I can’t vouch for the source of this by the way I’m just creating a thread which I’m sure will get controversial.. at least we won’t have to watch the Bulldogs come 13th again.

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reakon indian and Pakistan will go nuclear first.
Starts at the boarder calling each other sister fuckers and pointing fingers say " you fucking bloody bastard " they start throwing shoes at each other this escalates the name calling to " you mother fucking bastard " then the ultimate insult which leads to nuclear catastrophe " bitch lasagne "
But all this could be avoided by sending pictures of bobs and vagine.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Starts at the boarder calling each other sister fuckers and pointing fingers say " you fucking bloody bastard " they start throwing shoes at each other this escalates the name calling to " you mother fucking bastard " then the ultimate insult which leads to nuclear catastrophe " bitch lasagne "
Why would you throw a shoe at someone that you made…?

I will let that one sit and I will run out of this thread. On my Nikes.. That’s maybe going too far into my sense of humour.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sounds fun

Founded in 1945 by Albert Einstein and University of Chicago scientists who helped develop the first atomic weapons in the Manhattan Project, the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists created the Doomsday Clock two years later, using the imagery of apocalypse (midnight) and the contemporary idiom of nuclear explosion (countdown to zero) to convey threats to humanity and the planet. The Doomsday Clock is set every year by the Bulletin’s Science and Security Board in consultation with its Board of Sponsors, which includes 10 Nobel laureates. The Clock has become a universally recognized indicator of the world’s vulnerability to global catastrophe caused by manmade technologies.

I can’t vouch for the source of this by the way I’m just creating a thread which I’m sure will get controversial..
It will be my famous last words but is it really in anyone’s interest to do these sorts of things?
The Doomsday clock is definitely a thing, it was started years ago as a way to try to communicate in simple metaphor the collective opinion of scientists associated with the Bulleton of Atomic Scientists, so that us ordinary shlobs can understand. Scientists who have been associated with the Bulletin include Einstein, Orr, Oppenheimer, Bertrand Russell, Lawrence Krauss, and others, all considered leaders in their fields of various flavours of physics.

Also, Steven Pinker hates the clock, and when Pinker doesn't like something it is a sure sign that it is good and worth keeping an eye on.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not a surprise that the biggest threat to humankind is the same thing that threatens every other species on our planet. We humans are a stupid bunch for the supposedly most intelligent species on the planet.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did u see the war in Melbourne?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score