News The Dogs have completed a drastic two-year rebuild. Here’s how they could look in 2022

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
T. Katoa in there? That shows how much they know.
I stopped reading when Tui Katoa made the round 1 team :p

Handy back up. But if he is our starting winger next year then may god have mercy on our souls :p

After the last 5 years as bulldogs fans and 16 months as humans surely we start the season with someone better then Katoa at 5 :p
Who cares...That's just their opinion !
Haven't we had enough pessimism ???

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gus needs to get rid of Allan, Flanagan and Stimpson any way he can. We still have Jacko, Thompson and Cotric on overs. I’m sure there will be some unpopular decisions with the roster before kick off in 2022.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Gus needs to get rid of Allan, Flanagan and Stimpson any way he can. We still have Jacko, Thompson and Cotric on overs. I’m sure there will be some unpopular decisions with the roster before kick off in 2022.
Hope he can get rid of waddell too. How that dude keeps on coming back. It seems anyone that breached the covid protocols are getting rewarded with a larger roll in the team :p

You have to feel for Atoni, Topine, Ogden etc when Doorey and Waddell keep on getting games ahead of you.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I stopped reading when Tui Katoa made the round 1 team :p

Handy back up. But if he is our starting winger next year then may god have mercy on our souls :p

After the last 5 years as bulldogs fans and 16 months as humans surely we start the season with someone better then Katoa at 5 :p
It’ll be Okunbur

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
01. Matt Dufty
02. Nick Cotric
03. Brent Naden
04. Aaron Schoupp
05. Josh Addo-Carr
06. Jake Averillo
07. Matt Burton
08. Paul Vaughan
09. Bailey Biondi-Odo
10. Luke Thompson
11. Josh Jackson
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13. Tevita Pangai-Junior

14. Jackson Topine
15. Adam Elliott
16. Ava Seumanufagai
17. Jack Hetherington

18. Jeremy Marshall-King/Corey Allan
Spot on

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kudos thus far . But still need more experience in the spine. I. E hooker and halve

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope he can get rid of waddell too. How that dude keeps on coming back. It seems anyone that breached the covid protocols are getting rewarded with a larger roll in the team :p

You have to feel for Atoni, Topine, Ogden etc when Doorey and Waddell keep on getting games ahead of you.
Ogden has talent and should be re signed. He just needs a bit of work put into him but he can certainly put a dent in the defensive line.

Bulldogs fan

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need to find a better 9 than what we have. Brandon Smith ain't coming. Hopefully Gould has spotted someone. We would be a very decent side but with JMK as the main 9 it's not good. I'd love to see BBO take the step up but it's massive pressure on a kid who has only played a few games.
I would like to see us spot some talent for once so it takes pressure off the salary cap

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
lol at this cahunt, no mention of our two best players Baily and schoupp, in the current squad

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
do you keep power of cotric and schoupp, pace of naden and jac together. Or do you split them up with naden and cotric, schoupp and jac?

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And I wouldn't say completed the 2 year rebuild for 2022 yet either.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What ever the final line up is, it’s going to be strong and we will have decent depth of needed.
I just hope Barrett finds his 13 early and sticks strong to build combinations etc so many new players won’t click straight away.... ps I’m buying a bulldogs back to back premiership shirt for 23/24

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Agreed. So far Averillo has been hype and he deserves his shot but also needs to be allowed to go back to lower grades to continue learning his craft.
I think he has talent....the problem is he's a running half....he's like Burton lite with a few less strings to his bow. He has talent, but I'm still not sure what his best position is. I'd still love us to take a punt on Benji for 12 months, tbh.... a senior half would be invaluable and he could teach our other young halves a thing or two. I also think Okunbor can pressure Cotric for a wing spot if he sorts his handling issues out. Loads of potential there.