News The Dogs have completed a drastic two-year rebuild. Here’s how they could look in 2022

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Naden is more of a centre than Cotric but really isn't more than a stop gap imo.
I always thought Naden was a better winger (for defensive reasons) and that Cotric is an out and out right centre. I wouldn't mind seeing this in our 2022 trials, not alot of people will agree but I think it's worth a shot
1. Dufty
2. Naden
3. Cotric
4. Schoupp
5. Addo-Carr

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who cares...That's just their opinion !
Haven't we had enough pessimism ???
They do this every year. They put out a line-up which has something that's a 1% chance of happening. There's little to no chance T. Katoa's on the wing before Okunbor and it's even likely Cotric's on the wing before both of them too. I wouldn't say that's pessimism. They should have someone who follows the club do a line-up...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
This is what I think Barrett will go with assuming we sign TPJ and Vaughan.

1. Dufty
2. JAC
3. Schoupp
4. Naden
5. Cotric
6. Burton
7. Averillo
8. Vaughan*
9. JMK
10. Thompson
11. Elliott
12. TPJ*
13. Jackson

14. BBO
15. Hetherington
16. Seumanufagai
17. RFM

Schoupp's centre position, Elliott's second row position, BBO's utility role and RFM's bench position are probably the only positions I can see a slight change in. I think we're pretty settled overall. If we can sign a quality hooker we can push for the 8.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we’re being honest, shoupp is the best defending centre we’ve had in a long time. He’s the only one that seems to have played all his juniors in that position. That’s valuable because it’s the hardest position to defend in. Not to mention he runs the ball very well. Based on performance he has to have that position on lock

Stargate44

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Dufty
2. JAC
3. Averillo
4. Naden
5. Cotric
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Vaughan
9. JMK
10. Thompson
11. Elliott
12. TPJ
13. Jackson

14. BBO
15. Hetherington
16. Seumanufagai
17. RFM

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

1. Dufty
2. JAC
3. Schoupp
4. Naden
5. Cotric
6. Burton
7. Averillo
8. Vaughan*
9. JMK
10. Thompson
11. Elliott
12. TPJ*
13. Jackson

14. BBO
15. Hetherington
16. Seumanufagai
17. RFM

Schoupp's centre position, Elliott's second row position, BBO's utility role and RFM's bench position are probably the only positions I can see a slight change in. I think we're pretty settled overall. If we can sign a quality hooker we can push for the 8.
Seems about right, gives the other youngsters we have a couple of years to cement themselves and work their way in. If things go to plan I cant see us resigning one of Naden or Cotric and shed Elliott as soon as possible.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2 years?

Oh shit.

I forgot that we were contenders in 2017, 2018 and 2019. It was only 2020 when we started to become irrelevant...

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we are still neck deep in this rebuild... we have not sorted out our hooker situation, we assume we have gotten Vaughn and TPJ, our junior pathways need to be fixed, we are assuming our new recruits for next year will work out, who is going to play halfback, what are we going to do with Flanagan, is Barrett the right coach for us, our physical preparation seems off the pace etc.

Dingobat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
we are still neck deep in this rebuild... we have not sorted out our hooker situation, we assume we have gotten Vaughn and TPJ, our junior pathways need to be fixed, we are assuming our new recruits for next year will work out, who is going to play halfback, what are we going to do with Flanagan, is Barrett the right coach for us, our physical preparation seems off the pace etc.
Rome wasn’t built in a day

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else have the feeling TPJ is going to be a trex mkii

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
while Jayden Okunbor has been linked to the Cowboys but is unlikely to travel north for back-up money.
Well that one is now out the window....

Don't know exactly when this article first appeared but I got the email stating Oko had been contracted for another two at midday on the dot........

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to find a better 9 than what we have. Brandon Smith ain't coming. Hopefully Gould has spotted someone. We would be a very decent side but with JMK as the main 9 it's not good. I'd love to see BBO take the step up but it's massive pressure on a kid who has only played a few games.
TB has got to give BBO plenty of game time for the rest of the year. Play him both in the halves and hooker so he at least has that experience before next year. Doesn't make any sense for Lewis or Wakeham to soak up valuable time in the halves this year.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

1. Dufty
2. JAC
3. Schoupp
4. Naden
5. Cotric
6. Burton
7. Averillo
8. Vaughan*
9. JMK
10. Thompson
11. Elliott
12. TPJ*
13. Jackson

14. BBO
15. Hetherington
16. Seumanufagai
17. RFM

You think that side can’t push for the 8 as is? Lol

silva

Utility
Reaction score
No fucken reason we can’t get top 4 next year. As long as we don’t have soft cocks running the club no reason at all. We’ve done it before . Went from spoon to 2nd in 09

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You think that side can’t push for the 8 as is? Lol
The Panthers side couldn't crack the 8 without Koroisau (2019). I'm not expecting wooden spoon to 8th with that side. If we sign a hooker I'm all in on the bandwagon. I'd predict ~11th currently. I've been pretty realistic (some people would say low) with my expectations over the last few years and we haven't even been able to achieve that. We need to start seeing something different (performance wise), and stop basing our expectations on hope (too much at least). I mean you can do whatever you want, but that's my opinion at least.

Last edited:

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
If we’re being honest, shoupp is the best defending centre we’ve had in a long time. He’s the only one that seems to have played all his juniors in that position. That’s valuable because it’s the hardest position to defend in. Not to mention he runs the ball very well. Based on performance he has to have that position on lock
Deadset. I’m worried teams are gonna start coming around and realising he’s a gun and try to poach him. He’s been another breah of fresh air in this season from hell.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deadset. I’m worried teams are gonna start coming around and realising he’s a gun and try to poach him. He’s been another breah of fresh air in this season from hell.
Thankfully, I think baz is aware of how good he is. A lot of casual fans won’t really realise it though. The one game we didn’t have him on that left side against manly, it was a fucking shambles and that whole side of our defence fel apart. And I think if he just hits some good holes he can end up being a great try scorer cos he would be hard to stop near the line