The Diva is Retired... But her Legend will live on 4eva

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
Yep... If you were listening to the speeches for the Winning Melbourne Cup horse Makybe Diva... you will have heard that this is her end, she is retired after today...but you would all agree, her legend will live on forever....

So for a recap...

Makybe Diva won 3 Consecutive Melbourne Cups- The only horse ever to have done so.

She won The Cox Plate and The Melbourne Cup (A rare feat)

Lee Freedman is one of a few trainers to have won 3 Melbourne Cups and the only one besides B Cummings to have won 3 in a row..

Glen Boss is the only jockey to have won 3 consecutive melbourne cups

Tony and Chrissie Santic are the only owners to have won 3 consecutive cups....

SHE IS A LEGEND.. SHE IS A CHAMP.. SHE IS A IMMORTAL... SHE IS MAKYBE DIVA.. SO LETS CELEBRATE THIS GREAT MARE.. because there is a good chance we won't see anything like her again in our lifetime.. :D :D

PATTICAKE

-=BluEnWhitE PriDe=-
Reaction score
What a brilliant win :grinning: congrats and what a champ too bad i didnt place any bets but nevermind nxt year ill stick to the leagues horse racing game there

C

~CrY~

Awwww well at least DIVA finished with a win :grinning: All the best for DIVA horse :P

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
Well done to her

What a Great way to retire on the biggest race in Australia

Glenn Boss & Makybe Diva made a great relationship together and i don't think she will be forgotten, she is such a true mare.

All the Best Makybve Diva

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
I have one thing to say though... I want to buy a horse from the stud that she ends up with.. and I will tell you one thing... her sister is quite good as well... look for Valkyrie Diva to do the job in the years to come....

However this is a thread to state the greatness of Makybe Diva.. So on that note I will once again CONGRATS TO A LEGEND, A CHAMP AND NOW A FOLKLORE OF AUSTRALIA.. :D

TBT

The Bitter Truth
Reaction score
My dogs gonna eat well.... :D

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good on the Diva, shes a legend :D
I wanna be a jockey now, hehe:p
Imagine riding a horse like that, it would be friggen awesome :D

*Karlz*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reaction score
Cobgrats to her, her jockey, owner, trainer etc.... A true champion. She will be down in history and definately deserves it. Kinda sad that it's the end though. 4 whould have truely been immortal ;) And I reckon she coulda done it, lol.

She can't be compared to Pharlap imo, as he never had the chance to prove himself, but I will still say, taht going by what she is done, The Diva truely is a diva. Best horse in the history of the race imo.

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
Willie if you don't care.. don't post here.. I reckon you are just bitter because your horse didnt win.. mods can we delete that post.. There is no need for us to have that in a thread that should celebrate the greatness that Makybe Diva truly is.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.