The diet and Melbourne regimen turning Dogzilla — Sam Kasiano — into a Storm thriller

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
nonsense. I've had thousands working for me and I didn't check everything they did. The problem is that everyone has known for a long time that the lump has talent, so much that you couldn't afford to sack him, so putting all the requirements on him about his weight was a toothless threat. That, plus we had no-one in the reggies that was even as good as him when he was a blancmange. Have no doubt if we had a couple of good young'uns ready to take his spot he would've been dumped, but unfortunately our recruitment was so poor he had a free ride. You can run him around the park for 12 hrs a day but if he goes to the drivethru on the way home you've achieved nothing. New club, with a good track record has him fighting just to get in the squad let alone the team. Makes for a different motivation.
Getting dropped = motivation. Des was too loyal to too many like that other dud TRex

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Getting dropped = motivation. Des was too loyal to too many like that other dud TRex
I get that and I think that had we had anything like a decent forward pack in the reggies then we may well have dumped their asses, but the reality is that Crusher and Hasler buggered our next tier up hopelessly and there was no real pressure. I mean fair dinkum our best benchie was Tim Browne - please. If we had a Cartwright or Paasi or anyone from the Warriors in our reggies then we may have been able to flick both of them but we didn't. We had kids who weren't ready or plonkers who couldn't get a run with an A grade side.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get that and I think that had we had anything like a decent forward pack in the reggies then we may well have dumped their asses, but the reality is that Crusher and Hasler buggered our next tier up hopelessly and there was no real pressure. I mean fair dinkum our best benchie was Tim Browne - please. If we had a Cartwright or Paasi or anyone from the Warriors in our reggies then we may have been able to flick both of them but we didn't. We had kids who weren't ready or plonkers who couldn't get a run with an A grade side.
My bet is Kasiano will keep fit for as long as hes at the Storm.. Bellamy has never tolerated nonsense from his players..

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly. The greatest sporting manager, sir Alex Ferguson, had no problems selling Beckham or getting rid of his captain Roy Keane when the time came, or getting rid of his best centre back jaap Stam, or his other midfield general Paul ince, or his record breaking striker ruud van nistelroy

All of them were disciplinary issues and all of them were vital cogs for Manchester United

The great majority of responsibility falls on the Head coach/manager to get the best out of his players , to deal with different personalities, to coax those personalities, to get those personalities to mesh into a functional unit

It all falls on hasler

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kas' health is totally on Kas. Sure blame Hasler for the strategies and execution but fitness for a professional athlete is a personal thing. Take Ben Hunt for example. Just got married, been on the drink in the off season with his mates but still drags himself out of bed and runs 15ks a few mornings a week and this is before he due back at training with the Dragons. That's was makes athletes reach the top of their game. Finding the quickest way to the drive thru doesn't. If Kas is super fit this year it is because he has woken up to the fact that it is his responsibility to be so not because some coach or other told him to.
Yeh completely agree it comes down to him. But at the same time, Bellamy wouldn't give him the time of day if he didn't put in. Hasler never dropped him on the other hand. Agree that Kas let himself go from best prop in the game in 2012 to a powder puff in 2017, but Hasler never did anything to get him back on track at the same time. Even 20kg overweight he was still one of our only attacking options too.

Im sure if he stayed at the club he would be in a similar condition with us. He needed someone who had faith in him and who would flog him to wake up.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My bet is Kasiano will keep fit for as long as hes at the Storm.. Bellamy has never tolerated nonsense from his players..
If he goes down the same track as George Rose, he will continue out the door as well. Time will be the judge.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks :grinning: ... it's scary how easily Kas's head fits on George Roses body... almost as if it's meant to be.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Says a lot about our conditioning under Hasler. Sam looks fitter than ever hope he has a good year.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
People expecting WAYYYYYY too much from Kas.

It wasn't his weight causing his "5-10 minutes then puffed stints", it's because his cardio vascular systems fucked from smoking excessive ciggies.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

It wasn't his weight causing his "5-10 minutes then puffed stints", it's because his cardio vascular systems fucked from smoking excessive ciggies.
a lot of players smoke thats no excuse and losing the weight can only help him improve

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score

I wanted Hasler to leave him out there big minutes, it was the only way to free the lungs and get some value out of him, what were ten minute stints going to do?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I wanted Hasler to leave him out there big minutes, it was the only way to free the lungs and get some value out of him, what were ten minute stints going to do?
He played longer minutes for Samoa and played like a busted. He just wasn't fit nor interested.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to our most accurate insider on the forum Des wanted Kas out of the team but the club wanted him re-signed. I don't think he was Kas loyal, he just had to keep him on the bench because of the amount of money we were throwing at him to have 3 good runs, a knock on and a missed tackle that leads to a try every game.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
According to our most accurate insider on the forum Des wanted Kas out of the team but the club wanted him re-signed. I don't think he was Kas loyal, he just had to keep him on the bench because of the amount of money we were throwing at him to have 3 good runs, a knock on and a missed tackle that leads to a try every game.
I get that was the situation.. but constantly selecting underperforming players is not the answer

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yep every year we get this story... after 30 minutes total footy in the season by Round 3 he'll be back to "fat ol Sam" again.

Either that or quit because training is too hard.

Seen it all before with George Rose.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep every year we get this story... after 30 minutes total footy in the season by Round 3 he'll be back to "fat ol Sam" again.

Either that or quit because training is too hard.

Seen it all before with George Rose.
george rose had never displayed anywhere the ability kasiano has. i dont know if you just dont like kas but after seeing what bellamy has done with forwards not close to that level im more then prepared to sit back and see what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.