News The Dally M leader and two-time reject Ciraldo wants to build Bulldogs around

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I hate this take in the modern game.

Wingers touch the ball more, and his output can’t be replicated playing as a 3 or 4. His kick returns, or hit ups on 2nd or 3rd off the ruck are where he makes so many metres.
I was on the Kiraz to centre bandwagon until this season however watching him now and it's clear he's perfect on the wing for us. We're also fluid in attack at times so he isn't just stuck out on the wing waiting for the ball all game. The one criticism I have is that he might be taking too many runs lol, a few times last week Jake got on the outside of his man but couldn't linkup with Kiraz because he was behind the play.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I was on the Kiraz to centre bandwagon until this season however watching him now and it's clear he's perfect on the wing for us. We're also fluid in attack at times so he isn't just stuck out on the wing waiting for the ball all game. The one criticism I have is that he might be taking too many runs lol, a few times last week Jake got on the outside of his man but couldn't linkup with Kiraz because he was behind the play.
I'm biased, I want a combo of Kiraz and Skelton.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your boy also has a bad habit of taking himself out of play… literally. Bloke loves a sideline

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Your boy also has a bad habit of taking himself out of play… literally. Bloke loves a sideline
It's the knee strapping, he keeps forgetting he can't fully stretch out and consistently burn multiple defenders dw

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
nah okunbor is gonna be used as a backrower now and Casey is best suited to left edge
Only off the bench. If a winger gets injured then Okunbor will replace them. Casey played right centre last week.

The Dog House

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How do people hate Averillo do much to say he’s not a good centre. I used to think that, but this year you have to admit he’s been really solid, especially for someone who’s unfairly been forced to change positions every 10 games. Only area he lacks statistically is defence, and that can be improved over the season no doubt. He’s a great tackler, just got to improve positioning and that comes with trusting your inside men. He’s been great for us this year so far

chemdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only off the bench. If a winger gets injured then Okunbor will replace them. Casey played right centre last week.
fair enough but casey seemed to play well on the left side in first grade last year from memory

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You're the one who cries when someone speaks the truth about him.
You're not speaking the truth, you're scapegoating. He obviously isn't great defensively and has a lot to work on but if he was actually as bad as you guys think he is then Ciraldo wouldn't even give him a lookin. The real truth is that Ciraldo actually rates him and that's been publicly backed by people like Mason and Adam Driussi in podcasts. Do you seriously think someone like Mason would speak positively about Jake if he was as soft or as defensively weak as so many of you claim? He wouldn't.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You're not speaking the truth, you're scapegoating. He obviously isn't great defensively and has a lot to work on but if he was actually as bad as you guys think he is then Ciraldo wouldn't even give him a lookin. The real truth is that Ciraldo actually rates him and that's been publicly backed by people like Mason and Adam Driussi in podcasts. Do you seriously think someone like Mason would speak positively about Jake if he was as soft or as defensively weak as so many of you claim? He wouldn't.
You know what Mason would & wouldn't do now do you?

Also I don't care what anyone says, I watch him play & he is the worst defensive centre in the NRL.

I'm 99% sure that the team would be better if Kiraz was at right centre & Averillo/Skelton/Burns was playing right wing.