News The Dally M leader and two-time reject Ciraldo wants to build Bulldogs around

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You know what Mason would & wouldn't do now do you?

Also I don't care what anyone says, I watch him play & he is the worst defensive centre in the NRL.

I'm 99% sure that the team would be better if Kiraz was at right centre & Averillo/Skelton/Burns was playing right wing.
Are you saying Morgan Harper is a better defensive centre than Avo?

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgot about that dud....
Haha remember when Manly were throbbing over him when they picked him up, after 3 games they were wanting to send him back but old Des-aster kept sticking with him, he kept getting ran over the top of and letting in the try’s … was hilarious to watch …

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate this take in the modern game.

Wingers touch the ball more, and his output can’t be replicated playing as a 3 or 4. His kick returns, or hit ups on 2nd or 3rd off the ruck are where he makes so many metres.
Not to mention his ability in the air. That would be limited at centre

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
You know what Mason would & wouldn't do now do you?

Also I don't care what anyone says, I watch him play & he is the worst defensive centre in the NRL.

I'm 99% sure that the team would be better if Kiraz was at right centre & Averillo/Skelton/Burns was playing right wing.
Enari Tuala and Dane Gagai exist

The Dog House

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not to mention his ability in the air. That would be limited at centre
100%. People act like he’s wasted in the wing when in the modern game that’s just not the case. If we were to switch Averillo and Kiraz for example, there’d be way more dropped balls close to the line and less of Kiraz backing himself running down the wing

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He loves the club, plays with heart and is skilled, that’s enough reason to lock him up before the scum clubs come knocking.
Good on him, That’s what we want.. players who LOVE the club, play with HEART, for the JERSEY, it what any player should do. It’s just that simple. Once we got a whole team full, we will then be unstoppable..!! :grinning:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep 100% correct.

The days of players being “wasted on the wing” were gone a long time ago.

You see with JAC now that occasionally he will slot into centre. Hopefully that happens with Kiraz as well
Did'nt see much of the game, The bit I saw I thought he was at centre with avo on the wing.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If everyone played with same level of effort, desire and passion, we’d be unstoppable.., not the biggest, quickest, technical or naturally gifted but is all heart, big engine and strong… quick enough to hold his own.

Well done Jacob, you absolutely deserve the praise you’ve undoubtedly become a fan favourite and represent the area, team and club with aplomb - we look forward to sharing your journey!

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If everyone played with same level of effort, desire and passion, we’d be unstoppable.., not the biggest, quickest, technical or naturally gifted but is all heart, big engine and strong… quick enough to hold his own.

Well done Jacob, you absolutely deserve the praise you’ve undoubtedly become a fan favourite and represent the area, team and club with aplomb - we look forward to sharing your journey!
Footballer not an athlete.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I see him as a centre as well. He is wasted on the wing IMO.
Yeh is maybe a step too slow for wing/finishing(no knock at all he does a brilliant job as we all can see)but that tackle busting ability and offload he has could be better utilised at centre and make him even better/damaging.

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
and I thought we had covered off that winger and centre are really only defensive positions in the new CC world. Winger and Centre can and will regularly swap positions. I think it takes advantage of both their strengths, Avo speed and Kiraz strength... same on the other side with The Fox and The Hound.
Alamoti ‘s new nickname? The hound? Love it!!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are you saying Morgan Harper is a better defensive centre than Avo?
According to the kennel a few years ago, Harper was going to be the next player to debut and go on to be an immortal. Before that Montoya was.

I'm just glad that we have staff that can make the right choices at present. For too many years past staff have just gone from fuck up to fuck up.

And onto Kiraz. I do remember quite a few critical people saying we don't need nobodies. But I've always been of the opinion that if they get a chance with the club they should be given a period of grace to either earn their shot or prove they're not worthy. I was pretty impressed with Kiraz from the first game I saw him play. And his efforts so far this season have been immense. He's quickly becoming one of my favourites. Hope he keeps it up as defences are going to focus on him more as they recognise how damaging he can be. Hopefully in the end it leaves whoever is the centre inside him more space as defences are in two minds.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
100%. People act like he’s wasted in the wing when in the modern game that’s just not the case. If we were to switch Averillo and Kiraz for example, there’d be way more dropped balls close to the line and less of Kiraz backing himself running down the wing
Who's talking about Avo?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At centre would he bring the ball back as much as he does at wing? Because that's his best trait imo.

Didn't realise how much metres he is pumping out. It's Brian To'o like, except Kiraz has an offload too!!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeh is maybe a step too slow for wing/finishing(no knock at all he does a brilliant job as we all can see)but that tackle busting ability and offload he has could be better utilised at centre and make him even better/damaging.
Incorrect

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At centre would he bring the ball back as much as he does at wing? Because that's his best trait imo.

Didn't realise how much metres he is pumping out. It's Brian To'o like, except Kiraz has an offload too!!
Well it depends who is on his outside if it happened(It may not anyway if CC likes what Avo's producing).If it was Skelton for example I'd like to think he could be a hit up beast too..plus they could alternate at times, Jacob seems to love doing the work for his team.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Well it depends who is on his outside if it happened(It may not anyway if CC likes what Avo's producing).If it was Skelton for example I'd like to think he could be a hit up beast too..plus they could alternate at times, Jacob seems to love doing the work for his team.
How’s that make sense exactly?