The Consolidated Cricket Thread

B

Ben Godberts

bond bowled ****, i still love watching him bowl though.
so talented

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
good win for the aussies, marto played a great innings, johnson and watson wereon fire with the ball, i want watto in the ODI game but imo he aint an opener, as a batsman i would have him down the order, and i'm starting to think mcgrath should focus on real cricket ( test cricket) as i don't think he has the strike powere anymore, sure he got a couple of easy wickets last night but its still not much, johnson is a gun

(((((SMACK)))))

Jados Boutros
Reaction score
I was hoping that the Aussie would maybe lose so they can come home and get a Pura Cup game on proper pitches. mcgrath need bounce to maximise his craft. He wont get that over there.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
i would go with stuart clark over johnson in the tests. he is less erratic and more accurate whilst moving the ball.

B

Ben Godberts

stuart clark is a gimp who walks like a retard he is old slow and useless with a old ball
johnson
young quick good with both balls
i would go johnson

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i wouldn't throw johnson in to the ashes this early in his career, would rather see bracks as first change

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
6. Watson
7. Gilchrist
8. Warne
9. Lee
10. Clark
11. McGrath

12th Man - Mitchell Johnson

- for the first test

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
yeah i agree with that team
brett lee can bat a bit

no clarke?

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
i would expect watson to play instead of clarke for the opening gabba test, though i think depending on watsons form clarke could be his replacement. i think clarke will play in the SCG test for an extra spinning option on a turning wicket.

B

Ben Godberts

i would expect watson to play instead of clarke for the opening gabba test, though i think depending on watsons form clarke could be his replacement. i think clarke will play in the SCG test for an extra spinning option on a turning wicket.
you know a fair bit about cricket.
i agree with clarke playing in scg test.
if i was picking the team i would have

1. Hayden
2. Jaques
3. Ponting
4. Hussey
5. Clarke
6. Gilchrist
7. Watson
8. Lee
9. Warne
10. Johnson
11. Mcgrath

so much bowling in the team which will be good if glenn is bowling poor.
im over martyn tbh he gets runs every 10th game, hussey has good technique he is an openor so i think he could easily bat number 4

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score

1. Hayden
2. Jaques
3. Ponting
4. Hussey
5. Clarke
6. Gilchrist
7. Watson
8. Lee
9. Warne
10. Johnson
11. Mcgrath

im over martyn tbh he gets runs every 10th game, hussey has good technique he is an openor so i think he could easily bat number 4
tbh clarke should swap with hussey
Hussey can bat more with the tail than Clarke can

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

1. Hayden
2. Jaques
3. Ponting
4. Hussey
5. Clarke
6. Gilchrist
7. Watson
8. Lee
9. Warne
10. Johnson
11. Mcgrath

thats a very good and strong looking team there, good balance throughout the line up. though i cant see the selectors dropping martyn as they show a lot of faith in there senior players and especially after he has shown glimpses of his best in the ICC trophy so far. To have clarke and watson in the same team would be fantastic however room for martyn will need to be spared i think. Will be interesting to see who grabs the vacant opening spot out of Langer & Jaques, could come down to whoever scores the most pura cup runs in the coming month.

Spenno

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wouldn't drop Langer, he is in awesome form. If i was to drop an opener it would be Hayden, but i wouldn't drop him either. But i do think Jaques needs to be in the team.
I just don't think we need an allrounder. If Flintoff didn't exist, Australia wouldn't be looking for an allrounder. Lee has been hitting them sweetly and is awesome in a crisis.

My team would be:

Hayden
Langer
Ponting
Martyn
Hussey
Jaques
Gilchrist
Lee
Warne
Mcgrath
Johnson or Clark (Not sure if Johnson deserves it yet, one good games doesn't make a baggygreen)

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't drop Langer, he is in awesome form. If i was to drop an opener it would be Hayden, but i wouldn't drop him either. But i do think Jaques needs to be in the team.
I just don't think we need an allrounder. If Flintoff didn't exist, Australia wouldn't be looking for an allrounder. Lee has been hitting them sweetly and is awesome in a crisis.

My team would be:

Hayden
Langer
Ponting
Martyn
Hussey
Jaques
Gilchrist
Lee
Warne
Mcgrath
Johnson or Clark (Not sure if Johnson deserves it yet, one good games doesn't make a baggygreen)
Which Clark you talking baout?
Michael's got toncilitis, he wont play for a week or so, Stuart on the other hand will

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
My Ashes Team

Matthew Hayden
Justin Langer
Ricky Ponting (C)
Damien Martyn
Mike Hussey
Michael Clarke
Adam Gilchrist
Brett Lee