Gilded
Reaction score
fmd i was just typing a message to say these two are going pretty well

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I must be the only one here who thinks the Aussies have probably had the better of the day. India were wasteful with the new ball at the start of the day and Australia has done a pretty good job of building a few good partnerships on a batting wicket that isn’t as easy as it looks.

I think our bowlers will be better with the new ball, Lyon will enjoy the bounce as the pitch continues to harden and we might be able to put India under some pressure.

The game could go either way, but I’m reasonably happy with how this inexperienced side is placed.
Khawaja does look a bit out of sorts, but he’ll come good, I’m sure.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Just when I say that....

That wasn’t a good shot. The side still lacks discipline.... but so have India’s bowlers today. Even contest, I think.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Another promising innings undone by a very poor shot, he was looking pretty good

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Another promising innings undone by a very poor shot, he was looking pretty good
No idea why he played that shot. Doesn’t he want a test match hundred?

Still.... that crack! I still think our bowlers will enjoy bowling in this wicket and we aren’t in too bad a position. If we can muster 300 or a few more, I’ll be pretty happy.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That ball just before to cummins was unplayable, certainly something in this pitch if you get it right.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No idea why he played that shot. Doesn’t he want a test match hundred?

Still.... that crack! I still think our bowlers will enjoy bowling in this wicket and we aren’t in too bad a position. If we can muster 300 or a few more, I’ll be pretty happy.
Yep agree, there has been quite a few deliveries today that have hit that crack and no batsman could do anything about.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Every-time you play india kohli is obviously a key wicket but i think even more so on this pitch, there are boundaries on offer here if you can hang in there and survive, i think that suits kohli right down to a tee if he gets going.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Well done cummins to hang in there, he needs to swap with khawaja and go first drop lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lol @CroydonDog if you’re going to rate my comment optimistic, tell me why you disagree.

Have you not seen the bell taking off when hitting that crack? Did you not see the extra unexpected bounce that led to Harris’ dismissal. Did you not bite India bowling too full early and having almost immediate success once they started to get it right?

Both teams were a bit wasteful at times throughout the day, but 6/277 at the end of the day in this wicket is not a bad position to be in.

I know there were a few bad shots, but overall I think we had the better of play today and I don’t get your pessimism.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Every-time you play india kohli is obviously a key wicket but i think even more so on this pitch, there are boundaries on offer here if you can hang in there and survive, i think that suits kohli right down to a tee if he gets going.
Pujara too. Those two are the key I think, but if either gets going they will still need partnerships and I honestly expect batting to be harder as the cracks open up more. India can never be written iffeith their batting line up, but I think the Aussies will be reasonably happy with how the day panned out and I think our bowlers will fancy their chances.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Pujara too. Those two are the key I think, but if either gets going they will still need partnerships and I honestly expect batting to be harder as the cracks open up more. India can never be written iffeith their batting line up, but I think the Aussies will be reasonably happy with how the day panned out and I think our bowlers will fancy their chances.
Did you watch the first session? I don't really know what to make of it? after lunch it seemed like they dropped in a new pitch, not 100% sure if it was because india just got their length completely wrong and than corrected it or it just took a few hours of the sun on it to turn it a little feral. Most likely a combination of both i guess, that second session the ball moved around heaps and the third session it moved around a bit but also got inconsistent due to the cracks.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Did you watch the first session? I don't really know what to make of it? after lunch it seemed like they dropped in a new pitch, not 100% sure if it was because india just got their length completely wrong and than corrected it or it just took a few hours of the sun on it to turn it a little feral. Most likely a combination of both i guess, that second session the ball moved around heaps and the third session it moved around a bit but also got inconsistent due to the cracks.
I think it was a bit of both.... the pitch definitely hardened and the crack opened up more as the day went on, but I think India could have taken more out of that first session if they’d dropped a little bit shorter.

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Aussies are in a really good position in my opinion.
India will struggle on this wicket facing our bowlers.

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Without trying to be too dramatic, the first session today could be where the match is won or lost.
If Aussies are still batting at lunch break we are probably over 350 and it's ours to lose but if indians keep total around 300 perhaps they could get going on this wicket.
Looks like an exciting day!
C'mon Aussies!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
This test is great if you're having trouble sleeping.
It’s been great so far. Run rate around 3 per over.... good contest between bat and ball. What a test match should be. Beats the shit out of T20 nonsense!