The Consolidated Cricket Thread

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
wtf, why did finch not send that upstairs?
Finch probably goes I am useless anyway gonna get out sooner or later may as well save th review for the guys that are actually gonna make a difference to the game

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The only extremely remote chance we have of even getting near this total is if these two are still batting deep into tomorrow

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bloody hell. 3 down and there is still 17 overs to go today.

Are you ready to call it for India @Indiandog ?

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
How bad are our batters, they get out to the most ridiculous shots.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
this is what I see happening.

India is ofcourse going to win.

Shaun Marsh is gonna score a big 50 or may be a 100 securing his position for the rest of the series but it would be in a losing cause.

win-win for India

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably the worst top6 ive even seen play for Australia as well as langer turning them into a bunch of pussies

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How bad are our batters, they get out to the most ridiculous shots.
When Bradman scored 334 v England, he didn't hit a single six.

Hit the ball along the ground and you remove the chance of being caught.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When Bradman scored 334 v England, he didn't hit a single six.

Hit the ball along the ground and you remove the chance of being caught.
don't let the ball hit the stumps and block every ball you will never get out.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its helpful to rotate the strike as well.

I still think batting is mostly your footwork.

I think you did not get my sarcasm.

Batting is easier said than done.

Last Friday night I was bowling the last over of my indoor match. the opposition needed 6 runs to win the game. my captain asked me to bowl all the bowls Yorker length and on the 5th off stump.

I replied " Skip, if I had that much control on my balls, I would have played international cricket by now"

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you did not get my sarcasm.

Batting is easier said than done.

Last Friday night I was bowling the last over of my indoor match. the opposition needed 6 runs to win the game. my captain asked me to bowl all the bowls Yorker length and on the 5th off stump.

I replied " Skip, if I had that much control on my balls, I would have played international cricket by now"
I didn't read it as sarcasm, but more taking the piss out of Australia needing to bat another 90 overs to save the day, which we both know won't happen :grinning:

Before I fucked both my knees I used to enjoy indoor cricket. I was team manager, but I left the captaincy to a mate who actually knew what he was doing.

In 2002, we were Five Dock 4th Grade Champions.

Yeah, my bowling technique was more just keeping it on the pitch and hoping not to look silly.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn't read it as sarcasm, but more taking the piss out of Australia needing to bat another 90 overs to save the day, which we both know won't happen :grinning:

Before I fucked both my knees I used to enjoy indoor cricket. I was team manager, but I left the captaincy to a mate who actually knew what he was doing.

In 2002, we were Five Dock 4th Grade Champions.

Yeah, my bowling technique was more just keeping it on the pitch and hoping not to look silly.
Nice!

My knees are fucked as well. Tried everything from eating raw turmeric to applying snake oil but nothing worked , but eventually I found the root cause of the problem and I wish I knew that 10 years ago when my knees started giving me pain which I found out now that it is jumpers knee pain. All I had to do was strengthen my knee tendons and muscles around the knees and doing proper warm up and stretching after playing sports. I have halved my knee pain ever sincei started doing simple knee strengthening exercises.

In young age your knees can tolerate all the hammering but once you cross 30 , we gotta look after the body specially the joints that we abuse during the sports. I never used to do stretches and always thought warm up is for pussies and now my knees are paying the price for all those years of abuse.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Well absolutely tremendous effort from our low order to bring the game so close. Add the worlds best batsmen to that game and it would have gone very differently

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If only our top order batsman knew how to, well bat.
in part, its the 20/20 curse, and in part, there is simply no depth there. With Warner and Smith the first innings would like to have been very different. I just doubt there would have been a deficit.

Credit to India's bowlers though.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
in part, its the 20/20 curse, and in part, there is simply no depth there. With Warner and Smith the first innings would like to have been very different. I just doubt there would have been a deficit.

Credit to India's bowlers though.
Yeah i mean india can only bowl to who is in front of them and they did a good job. Take kohli and his ridiculous over the top antics at each wicket out, i don't mind their team haha. It must be frustrating for the aussie bowlers, toiling for days in the field and than expected to carry the team with the bat as well.

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We got them nervous for last hour or so but ultimately our shitty batting cost us the match.
Very good work from lower order!