The Consolidated Cricket Thread

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Game slowly slipping away. Great session by India.

If Auatralia cant get India at Michelle by stumps it's probably Red Rover.
It is hard to see our batting lineup chase anything over 200 on this pitch, it's a very bizarre pitch for Adelaide. Just look at kohli, SR of 25 atm, you don't see that very often at all.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It is hard to see our batting lineup chase anything over 200 on this pitch, it's a very bizarre pitch for Adelaide. Just look at kohli, SR of 25 atm, you don't see that very often at all.
Its bizarre conditions. One thing it rarely does in Adelaide in December is rain.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They are getting punished for not having the first game at fortress gabbatoir
As Brisbane resident, I agree.

Whilst Australia's record is great at the gabba, and it's still a great ground, with the new Perth Stadium and Adelaide upgrades, it has fallen to #5 ground.

I will get some tickets to the Sri Lanka test but it won't be the same :grinning:

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
As Brisbane resident, I agree.

Whilst Australia's record is great at the gabba, and it's still a great ground, with the new Perth Stadium and Adelaide upgrades, it has fallen to #5 ground.

I will get some tickets to the Sri Lanka test but it won't be the same :grinning:
The new perth stadium is very nice, i don't know, there is just something about the gabba, usually has a nice bouncy fast pitch, it is a great welcoming gift to touring teams. I hope CA don't continue to demote it.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Really need to get rid of Pujara, he is the glue that will hold their innings together.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The new perth stadium is very nice, i don't know, there is just something about the gabba, usually has a nice bouncy fast pitch, it is a great welcoming gift to touring teams. I hope CA don't continue to demote it.
I like that we refuse to use a drop in pitch

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Well would have been nice to grab another wicket but at least with kohli gone they go into sheds with a bit of hope, i think they would have been pretty down heading into tomorrow with india 170 in-front with their two best batsman very set at the crease.

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I like listening to Alison Mitchell as well, think she is on the 7 team now? She used to be on abc grandstand cricket coverage and bbc as well.
Could take her or leave her.
She has enthusiasm
Well would have been nice to grab another wicket but at least with kohli gone they go into sheds with a bit of hope, i think they would have been pretty down heading into tomorrow with india 170 in-front with their two best batsman very set at the crease.
Poo-jara is their best batsman this series.
Rahane is no mug either.
If we are serious about winning this test we need to own the first session tomorrow!!

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Poo-jara is their best batsman this series.
Rahane is no mug either.
If we are serious about winning this test we need to own the first session tomorrow!!
Oh yeah if we don't some make serious inroads into their batting order tomorrow morning, test is over.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Problem is if you drop Paine who becomes captain... not like anyone is lining up to take the role
CA just need to stop the nonsense and appoint smith as captain as soon as he returns, which he should have already.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also if smith was still there I reckon they might have dropped Paine for Carey this series..Carey is a gun, probably future captain

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Geez these referrals are frustrating!
3 times given out and overturned every time.
Looks like Indians will declare just after tea, probably with a lead of close to 400.
I hope I'm wrong but we ain't bowling them out today

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Geez these referrals are frustrating!
3 times given out and overturned every time.
Looks like Indians will declare just after tea, probably with a lead of close to 400.
I hope I'm wrong but we ain't bowling them out today
Looking at the forecasts in Adelaide, weather wont be a factor for next two days.

I'd have them declaring before tea.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Looking at the forecasts in Adelaide, weather wont be a factor for next two days.

I'd have them declaring before tea.
If i was india i would be keeping the aussie bowlers out in the field toiling away as long as possible, with two full days left after today, they have enough time to bowl us out twice when we do go into bat

*edit wait a min, it's sunday today lol ... scratch that one, we will be batting today at some stage