Reaction score
Really shit me when that little poofta from qantas came out winging and wineing
40 years ago he would have been stoned to death for his acts of bugery

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
These bans are a fucking disgrace!!!
Media are just nothing but *****, chief dickhead = Karl Stefanovic.

Time for James Sullivan to fall on his sword also.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
OK, I am a bitch.

No tears were in Smith's eyes when he was 'crying'.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
OK, I am a bitch.

No tears were in Smith's eyes when he was 'crying'.
Well lets put it into perspective, lets say a bronco player was suspended by the nrl for 1 match but than brisbane suspended him for 12 months, would you not think that is a bit over the top??

*Disclaimer: I know this is a really bad example considering the NRL allow the broncos to play a total piece of shit criminal like matt lodge to play for them.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The only thing more embarrassing than the cheating is all the sulking from Smith, Bancroft and Lehmann. Please hold the crocodile tears.

Also the bans are excessive. It's a game at the end of the day, fine them and move on - maybe a 3 match ban or something. What a joke the whole thing is.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Their lives are now fucked, they are being treated worse than criminals or ***** who drive drunk and kill some poor ****
I am starting to think it’s gone overboard

why didn't I get so many likes when I said the exact same thing 5 pages ago?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have avoided this topic

I haven’t read everyone’s opinions yet
Will do after I write this

I felt shame as an Australian when I first heard about the ball tampering

I felt worse when I saw the players lying to the umpire

That was my first reaction

Them I got more angry when I realised how much this has tarnished the reputation of Australian cricket for indefinite time moving forward

On reflection now the dust is settling
I still feel the same way

But perspective has to be applied

Yes what they did was cheating

But they cheated as individuals

You can’t go on hating on Australian cricket for generations to come because of these Morons

I think their punishment was to light

I think best thing for cricket Australia moving forward is to ban them for life

Send a clear message that Australian cricket does not accept this kind of thing

And move forward without any of this hanging over our heads

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What are you talking about?
I’m just replying to your interesting comment to my comment..that’s all..
I just find it completely ironic that Warne comments on ‘cheating’ when he took money..and Mark Waugh..from a bookmaker..and the ACB tried to cover it up..only got out because a journalist exposed it..sure they got fined..but they actually made money because they never had to pay back the bribery..plus his suspension for a ban diuretic that his ‘mum’ gave to him..
That’s all I’m talking about..the irony..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just a guess.

Saying that Waugh & Warne, made money out of cheating.
Ask John the Bookmaker..lol!

It’s the irony of Warne commenting on it all..that’s what I’m talking about..and the fact the ACB covered up his and Waugh’s little dalliance with a bookmaker in 1994/95..

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Warner is being an absolute coward about the whole thing!! The others have faced the music and show genuine remorse. I am not inclined to believe anything Warner says even when he does front the media. He is just going to say what he needs to say and get out of there.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Warner is being an absolute coward about the whole thing!! The others have faced the music and show genuine remorse. I am not inclined to believe anything Warner says even when he does front the media. He is just going to say what he needs to say and get out of there.
Warner is coping a lot of shit for not going all teary eyed to the press like the others did, but TBH, if I was in his position, I would be doing exactly what he is doing - collecting my thoughts, consulting those I trust, and getting legal advice.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Warner is coping a lot of shit for not going all teary eyed to the press like the others did, but TBH, if I was in his position, I would be doing exactly what he is doing - collecting my thoughts, consulting those I trust, and getting legal advice.
Don’t need the teary eyed thing!!! My problem is he hasn’t done anything even remotely suggestive of the fact that he regrets what he did or even the least bit remorseful for it. Everything I have read and seen suggests he is sorry he got caught but not that he did it!!

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The email that shows umpires had raised concerns about Smith and Warner before

The spirit of the game … What exactly does that mean?

After the wretched events of the past week, it’s a tricky definition to pin down, especially if you’re an Australian cricketer.

Stick to the rules? Show some respect to officials, the opposition and fans? Remember the baggy green is a national symbol, so don’t vandalise it or many, many people will be rather angry? Don’t, um, cheat?

Steve Smith and David Warner clearly haven’t known for some time what “the spirit of the game” means if an illuminating email penned by former Test umpire Daryl Harper that’s landed on this column’s desk is any indication.

It reveals that Harper warned both Smith and Warner about “being involved in a ball-tampering incident” when they were playing for NSW against Victoria in a Sheffield Shield match in November 2016.

Harper, who was the match referee, fired off the cranky email to Simon Taufel, Cricket Australia’s Match Referee and Umpire Selection Manager.

He claims Smith had unfairly whinged about the state of the SCG pitch following the 198-run loss. Then he went much further, saying alleged ball tampering didn't stop until he spoke to NSW coach Trent Johnston.

“To be honest, I was not surprised by Steve’s assessment,” Harper wrote. “It was in keeping with his demeanour throughout the week. He gave the impression that he wasn’t happy to be playing the Sheffield Shield match and failed early in both innings with expansive strokes.

“When David Warner repeatedly bounced his returns in to [NSW wicketkeeper] Peter Nevill on the first day, the umpires appealed to Smith to support their calls for fair play.

They weren’t encouraged by his response. I assisted the umpires on the second morning by suggesting to Trent Johnston that CA didn’t need an issue with the national captain being involved in a ball-tampering incident.

This was at the same time that the South African captain [Faf du Plessis] was under scrutiny and before he had been charged.

As it transpired, there were no further errant throws for the final three days of the game from either team. Steve’s participation in the post-match meeting was quite limp, and not as I would expect from our national captain.”

Now, bouncing the ball into the keeper is hardly the worst crime committed on a cricket field. The South Africans have been warned about it during this current series against Australia.

And it’s certainly not the equivalent of taking a Ryobi orbital sander to the rough side of the ball, or even a small yellow piece of sandpaper as Cameron Bancroft did at the behest of Smith and Warner in the third Test in Cape Town.

But it doesn’t make it right.

And if we’re talking about the ugly-Aussies-win-at-all-costs culture, it’s interesting to learn that Smith and Warner had such a low regard for the “spirit of the game” back then.

If Smith found it a burden playing for NSW, we wonder how he will feel now that he and Warner have been banned from playing domestic or international cricket, as well as the Indian Premier League, for the next year.

Harper, incidentally, did not return calls.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sp...-smith-and-warner-before-20180329-p4z6xh.html

I know some of you will say, this means nothing blah blah blah.

Last edited: