The Consolidated Cricket Thread

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The comments today from stuart broad though are ridiculous and hypocritical. Clearly the guy has a short memory and has totally forgotten about the 2005 ashes where it appeared the english team were bowling with a fucking boomerang and when we bowled, nothing. Later on Trescothick admitted they used a mint to aid in making the ball swing.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The outrage police in the media are out in force on this one.

Yes it's cheating. But anyone you has played the game as a teenager or adult at a decent level knows balls get tampeted with.

I played district cricket here in Melbourne for 11 seasons and I used to work on the seam all the time sometimes with a small staple remover.
I never felt guilty or thought I did the wrong thing, not once because I knew everybody did it.

What I would say is let these guys learn from their mistake. Don't destroy their careers.
You cheating ****, you should be banned from the kennel shame on you sir .

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The comments today from stuart broad though are ridiculous and hypocritical. Clearly the guy has a short memory and has totally forgotten about the 2005 ashes where it appeared the english team were bowling with a fucking boomerang and when we bowled, nothing. Later on Trescothick admitted they used a mint to aid in making the ball swing.
I love how the Poms, the South Africans & Pakistanis have come out to say Australia are the worst. This is the first incident of ball tampering I've seen by Australia in 40 years. There have also been a lot of racist comments from the sub-continent about how all Australian's are cheats & what do you expect etc

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the blow out is not that aussies were caught tempering with the ball , it is the stupid manner in which they were caught cheating, lol

seriously who came up with the dumb plan of using a fluorescent tape to rub the ball in presence of 400 cameras?

why couldn't they use the traditional way of throwing the ball on the pitch by the fielders or just using the teeth like Afridi.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think the blow out is not that aussies were caught tempering with the ball , it is the stupid manner in which they were caught cheating, lol

seriously who came up with the dumb plan of using a fluorescent tape to rub the ball in presence of 400 cameras?

why couldn't they use the traditional way of throwing the ball on the pitch by the fielders or just using the teeth like Afridi.
It was really dumb..apparently the SA team told the local broadcaster that they were suspicious something was going on with the ball..well they’d be freaking experts at ball tampering..so the cameras were looking out for it..

I guess this could be used as a defence in terms of saying the Aussies don’t cheat much..because if this is what they thought was the best method to conceal it..they would’ve got caught before!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not that its a shock - but Renshaw is the new opener. He'll be flying out of Brisbane as soon as QLD finish of Tassie in the Shield final this arvo (they have another 60 odd runs to go).

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not that its a shock - but Renshaw is the new opener. He'll be flying out of Brisbane as soon as QLD finish of Tassie in the Shield final this arvo (they have another 60 odd runs to go).
I was just typing that haha. Sounds like could be a few more too, it really sounds like smith,warner & bancroft will be gone. Guess we will see what happens

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was just typing that haha. Sounds like could be a few more too, it really sounds like smith,warner & bancroft will be gone.
You're right - there could be a whole new top order.

The last two tests are very close together, as in the next one starts on Thursday, and I'm not sure if there any more tests until next summer? (We have some one dayers in the UK, and T20s in India.... ).

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Maybe we can send Tolman over

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You're right - there could be a whole new top order.

The last two tests are very close together, as in the next one starts on Thursday, and I'm not sure if there any more tests until next summer? (We have some one dayers in the UK, and T20s in India.... ).
Yeah nothing for us till october on the test front

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
bahaha michael vaughan http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/43549074 , "One unwritten rule is that you do not take an object out there to tamper with the ball" unless it's an english bowler bringing out mints to illegally tamper with the ball when i'm the captain :laughing:

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh yeah totally forgot in amongst all this, smith has already been suspended by the icc so renshaw will be just cover for him in the squad. Guess we will find out about the rest soon enough.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
a lot of this will come out now.

Tbh everyone does it it's just that the Aussie cricketers kind of come off as high and mighty. Just look at the video above with Warner spewing what we now know is a lot of shit. Lol

Lehman whining about crowds but was happy for Broad to me sent home crying. Shit like that.
Nah, every cricket nation can be hypocritical and sanctimonious. I think the three word term you’re looking for is tall poppy syndrome. How are we high and mighty compared to other teams who have threatened to walk out and abandon yours when things haven’t gone their way?

I hen we do wrong and get sanctioned, we accept it. There are definitely more high and mighty teams in world cricket. He’ll when South African players go something wrong line Rabada, they try to throw it back at us.

*coughs

Tall poppy :p

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Warner is the ring leader, no surprise there from a nuffy bogan like him who would be stacking bricks for a living if it wasn’t for cricket.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
There are multiple news agencies now running that "the team has turned on david warner" story, no idea if it is accurate or not?? but guess it does make some sort of sense after the barrage he has copped over there that he could snap and resort to doing something like this?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
out of all this drama the biggest beneficiary is Khawaja whose ass has been saved yet again for the next test series or possibly more.