The Consolidated Cricket Thread

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Kawaja is back to lead the Thunder to the title!

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That was as plumb as you get. Thunder looking pretty good, going to take something pretty special from perth here to win.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Bloody hell they pushed that pretty close, i didn't think they would get anywhere near it.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Unfortunately I missed most of the Aussie innings.

Anybody see it to offer Any analysis ?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

From reading the coverage..the Aussies score is pretty good considering they were sent in and it’s a bouncy fast pitch.. Accordingly the Aussie quicks should enjoy bowling on it..

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
From reading the coverage..the Aussies score is pretty good considering they were sent in and it’s a bouncy fast pitch.. Accordingly the Aussie quicks should enjoy bowling on it..
Thanks for that.

I half-saw about the first 10 overs and it looked pretty lively.

Have some things to do early this evening but hope to catch the back end of England innings.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

I watched most of it, pitch was doing a bit early, finch played really well but the movement died out, it's a decent batting pitch. Great hitting from stonis later in the match, mitch marsh was looking really solid before he got out. I don't think 300 has ever been run down at the MCG but ODI's have changed a lot these days with the rule changes and the hitting T20 has brought to the fold. I think they will be confident they can chase it, they have a decent record of scoring 300 or more lately.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I watched most of it, pitch was doing a bit early, finch played really well but the movement died out, it's a decent batting pitch. Great hitting from stonis later in the match, mitch marsh was looking really solid before he got out. I don't think 300 has ever been run down at the MCG but ODI's have changed a lot these days with the rule changes and the hitting T20 has brought to the fold. I think they will be confident they can chase it, they have a decent record of scoring 300 or more lately.
In 2011 we ran down 294 (against England). Shane Watson ran amok.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Good comeback from starc & cummins grabbing two wickets after that early onslaught. Would like to see the back of this roy character though :laughing:

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok we need some wickets, i don't think we can defend this from here without bowling them out.