The Consolidated Cricket Thread

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah he didn't do very well in Bangladesh but he averaged 71.29 in india and scored the most runs of any batsman in that series.
Just replying to your comment asking if he would be as good in India
To which he scored 3 tons there...
Has absolutely carved poms up ..... very lucky to have him play for us!
Best batsman in the world by a bit
We're very lucky
true , just checked the last series stats against India

he absolutely owned indian spinners,

Freak!

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good to see uzzie scoring runs n going on to make a big hundred

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Smith is literally making mockery of England bowling, beyond disrespect.

I wonder if he would be half as effective on Indian pitches against Indian spinners.
He will be better than kohli and Tendulkar combined

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Smith is literally making mockery of England bowling, beyond disrespect.

I wonder if he would be half as effective on Indian pitches against Indian spinners.
I guess you weren’t watching when he scored a century on a Pune wicket that was so bad it made the entire Indian lineup look like park cricketers?

Come on man, Smith has scored runs everywhere. Best batsman in the world. Hands down. It ain’t even a contest any more. Smith’s current ranking score is massive... surpassed only once...by Bradman.

He does it everywhere.

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm reminded of an old joke:

What do you call an English cricketer with a century next to his name?

A bowler.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Well it wasn't 5-0 but i don't think we can complain about flogging the poms 4-0 :laughing: . So South Africa is next, should be an interesting tour against a quality team.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well it wasn't 5-0 but i don't think we can complain about flogging the poms 4-0 :laughing: . So South Africa is next, should be an interesting tour against a quality team.
Who knows what the result would have been had Melbourne prepared a decent pitch. The sooner we ditch drop in pitches the better. They just don't seem to deteriorate. They only have them to coddle the AFL. They are cricket grounds!

Klemmernator

Waterboy
Reaction score
Going to the ODI @ the GABBA on the 19th.

Hopefully the Poms can put up a better fight in the while ball version of the game.

No Chris Lynn is a bit of a downer.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Going to the ODI @ the GABBA on the 19th.

Hopefully the Poms can put up a better fight in the while ball version of the game.

No Chris Lynn is a bit of a downer.
Yeah i think they will, they have a pretty decent ODI team now, they have come along way in ODI's since that diabolical team they sent out a few years back when we hosted the world cup. Shame about Lynn, he seems to be a walking injury.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Who knows what the result would have been had Melbourne prepared a decent pitch. The sooner we ditch drop in pitches the better. They just don't seem to deteriorate. They only have them to coddle the AFL. They are cricket grounds!
yep couldn't agree more, drop in pitches have pretty much ruined all our classic and iconic cricket pitches across the country. I don't think it's a coincidence that the only pitch that actually played like it always has is one of the only ones left that isn't a drop in (SCG).

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They aren't going away, so they just need to be prepared better. Why can't they replicate the old WACA, for example in a drop in?

The MCG may be called a cricket ground, but its the AFL that play the most games in front of the biggest crowds, and therefore bring in the most coinage. Same with Adelaide and Perth.

Even if Melbourne had a "decent pitch" (and I think we all agree it was rubbish), it wouldn't have guaranteed anyone a win.

Cricket bodies in NSW and QLD (where coincidentally AFL has less control) are holding firm at this stage against the drop in pitch, so that's 2/5 at least!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They aren't going away, so they just need to be prepared better. Why can't they replicate the old WACA, for example in a drop in?

The MCG may be called a cricket ground, but its the AFL that play the most games in front of the biggest crowds, and therefore bring in the most coinage. Same with Adelaide and Perth.

Even if Melbourne had a "decent pitch" (and I think we all agree it was rubbish), it wouldn't have guaranteed anyone a win.

Cricket bodies in NSW and QLD (where coincidentally AFL has less control) are holding firm at this stage against the drop in pitch, so that's 2/5 at least!
Unfortunately drop in pitches are part of the problem in this country. The pitches in the Shield are not deteriorating like they should & therefore our spinners aren't getting adequate training / upskilling for advance to the international level. Also captains do not get the experience of what to do with spinners & batsmen can't play spinners as we have seen in recent series. You could add 'keepers as well. It's the root of what is wrong with Australian cricket.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So the next ashes is sometime in 2019, should we be bringing in the duke ball and preparing green tops for every single shield game till than to force our flat track bully players to learn how to play a moving ball? Maybe move the shield over to NZ next season :laughing:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So the next ashes is sometime in 2019, should we be bringing in the duke ball and preparing green tops for every single shield game till than to force our flat track bully players to learn how to play a moving ball? Maybe move the shield over to NZ next season :laughing:
We shoukd look at playing a warm up match or two at Bellerive with the duke in the lead up I think. Closest we will get to approximating English conditions.

That warm up game in the NT seemed to help with our prep for India. We did a lot better over there than I expected. I give us a fair chance if we prepare properly tbh. Although it’s a year and a half away, so way too early to call really.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We shoukd look at playing a warm up match or two at Bellerive with the duke in the lead up I think. Closest we will get to approximating English conditions.

That warm up game in the NT seemed to help with our prep for India. We did a lot better over there than I expected. I give us a fair chance if we prepare properly tbh. Although it’s a year and a half away, so way too early to call really.
yeah i agree, we did exceed my expectations last time in india, without doubt the hardest place to win away from home. I think we have a good chance next time in England, they have an ageing bowling lineup and from the reserve players on this tour they don't seem to have anything special at all coming through the ranks.