The Consolidated Cricket Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Very tough of Lyon to stay out there and push through those final balls in excruciating pain.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
ok i know Warner & Khawaja got sfa runs but the fact they soaked up 100 odd balls tonight and thus didn't expose more batters to that pitch was well done. We are still 260 runs ahead and the conditions tomorrow will be very different until the lights come back on

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Have to give credit to england today, mid-way through the day they looked totally fucked but they fought back well, the tail did a good job and they bowled very well (the ball was moving that much some of that stuff was unplayable), i think the first innings defect is a little too much but ya never know if they get another 2/3 quick wickets in the morning, hopefully the goat and handscomb last a good chunk of the first session. This is why test cricket is soooo much better than ODI's and hit and giggle, the match is never over.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought it was out to the naked eye too, but in watching the slow mo replay, I think they got it right. Pitching slightly outside leg. Probably correct decisions in both cases. They were both tight. I don’t think England could complain about the first one or Smith about the second... but yeah it was tight and to the naked eye, I immediately thought he was in trouble.
yeah i agree in the end it was maybe right but i just don't know, i don't entirely trust the ball tracking, as a cricket fan i would have been perfectly happy with the umpires original call of out

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
yeah i agree in the end it was maybe right but i just don't know, i don't entirely trust the ball tracking, as a cricket fan i would have been perfectly happy with the umpires original call of out
Yeah it’s hard to dispute either way when it’s that close. Even according to the tech there was only a fraction of a cricket ball in it.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So what lead would wee be relatively comfortable with.

Highest 4th innings run chase at Adelaide was something like 315, back in 1902.

I hope Hanscomb can take charge here, with Marsh (when he comes in) and get us to 400+, with a few overs at the poms before the long break.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So what lead would wee be relatively comfortable with.

Highest 4th innings run chase at Adelaide was something like 315, back in 1902.

I hope Hanscomb can take charge here, with Marsh (when he comes in) and get us to 400+, with a few overs at the poms before the long break.
Hanscomb has anchors for feet lol , i think if marsh and paine just grit out a good 50-60 runs we should be safe, i wouldn't want to chase 350+ here with a pink ball.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hanscomb has anchors for feet lol , i think if marsh and paine just grit out a good 50-60 runs we should be safe, i wouldn't want to chase 350+ here with a pink ball.
Only 6 teams have ever chased down more tan 350 to win a test, and none have done more than 418, but there is always a first time (there have been a number of 4th innings totals, but unsuccessful in securing victory).

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That wasn't very smart cricket from paine there, still we have a 300 lead, hopefully starc and cummins can hang around a bit longer and just keep nudging that lead higher.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That wasn't very smart cricket from paine there, still we have a 300 lead, hopefully starc and cummins can hang around a bit longer and just keep nudging that lead higher.
At least get to the first break! Still half an hour to go.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Poms need 354 FTW.

If they could do it, it would be:

- The biggest run chase at Adelaide ever.
- The 5th highest successful chase ever.
- England's highest ever chase (I think).

But they have 5 sessions to do it in.

I would be having my $$$ on Oz, but records are meant to be broken.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah you were right, it's just an extended session of 2.5 hours because of the rain the other day
I honestly thought i'd taken that into account.

Problem also is that some apps/websites give you times in your location, others use DLS, and others use local time.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So smith gifted England the 2 best bowling sessions back to back with a new ball. They roll Australia for sub 150 and you would think it gave them hope and belief with 5 sessions left.

You will have an afternoon session coming up with a new ball (statistically the worst time to bowl with the pink ball) so England has everything going for them.

I still think they won’t do it. But it’s the hardest way for Australia to win now. I still think Australia should do it easily but was a surprising call not to follow on in a day night test with a new ball at night.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Poms need 354 FTW.

If they could do it, it would be:

- The biggest run chase at Adelaide ever.
- The 5th highest successful chase ever.
- England's highest ever chase (I think).

But they have 5 sessions to do it in.

I would be having my $$$ on Oz, but records are meant to be broken.
If cook or root score a big hundred they are in with a chance, hopefully the ball moves around tonight like it did last night but the problem will be it won't be a nice new ball, see what happens.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aussies in a bit 9f trouble here. Smith fucked up big time not enforcing the follow on. Stupid idea to go in to bat at night against quality seamers like Anderson.

Had we sent them in, it'd probably be over by now.

We don't look like taking a wicket right now