The Consolidated Cricket Thread

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
true, also when was the last time you saw swinging pitch or a turner for a one dayer? pre 2000 maybe.

Aussie pitches used to be bouncy, pacy and every **** could swing the ball all day... now you hardly see any swing even with new ball.

good fast bowlers are around like starc but the ***** are always broken. steyn was the only fast bowler who no one could score off, but he has been completely destroyed due to 20-20, plus he has got older too.
One of the most enjoyable ODI's i can remember recently was during the last WC when aus played nz in nz, they dished up that awesome greentop and aus was bowled out for like 150 and nz lost 9 wickets chasing it down (and won). I found that to be great viewing and such a refreshing change from boring docile pitches.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
One of the most enjoyable ODI's i can remember recently was during the last WC when aus played nz in nz, they dished up that awesome greentop and aus was bowled out for like 150 and nz lost 9 wickets chasing it down (and won). I found that to be great viewing and such a refreshing change from boring docile pitches.

yep those are rarities or things of the past

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
yep those are rarities or things of the past
Yeah unfortunately you are right. I miss the days we used to have a really great variety of pitches out here, you had the bouncy gabba, the bouncy and super fast waca, the green tops in hobart, the flat wickets in Adelaide and the turning wicket in Sydney.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately you are right. I miss the days we used to have a really great variety of pitches out here, you had the bouncy gabba, the bouncy and super fast waca, the green tops in hobart, the flat wickets in Adelaide and the turning wicket in Sydney.
Drop in pitches destroyed all this..

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yup most pitches are roads these days for odi

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Getting antsy for the ashes to start. This RLWC isn't doing much for me.

At least I have grade cricket in the meanwhile. I took three wickets in sixth division yesterday! :p

Any other weekend pie chuckers or cowboys out there? :p

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Bloody hell, starc got two hat tricks in one game. One in both innings in the nsw vs wa game. Both times it was against the tail though but still impressive.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting antsy for the ashes to start. This RLWC isn't doing much for me.

At least I have grade cricket in the meanwhile. I took three wickets in sixth division yesterday!

Any other weekend pie chuckers or cowboys out there? :p
Haven't played for about 8 years now. Used to play 4th grade til I popped my knee cap

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Limited overs cricket is made for TV no one wants to see someone get LBW or caught
They want to see the balls get smashed

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Could any non test team field a bowling attack like NSW did this week ?

Starc
Hazelwood
Cummins
Lyon

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What a phenomenal innings today from ellyse perry, what a super talent and such a great role model for all the young girls out there.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
courier mail reporting shaun marsh is going to be picked as our number 6 for the ashes, if that actually happens that will do me. They are also reporting tim paine will be keeper (he doesn't even keep for tassy anymore) and renshaw will be dropped for bancroft (i can handle that one).

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
courier mail reporting shaun marsh is going to be picked as our number 6 for the ashes, if that actually happens that will do me. They are also reporting tim paine will be keeper (he doesn't even keep for tassy anymore) and renshaw will be dropped for bancroft (i can handle that one).
S marsh, had more chances than a game of monopoly, Tim Paine tooo old stick with Neville! And Bancroft been going well

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That was on Triple M last night too.