The Consolidated UFC Thread

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Conor is a piece of shit. 3 fights had to be cancelled because of injuries they sustained from him throwing things at the bus.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Max Holloway medically unfit.

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Anthony Pettis for the title now.

You can't make this shit up.

A

Alexander the Great

Khabib VS Conor... Ufc mega fight.It will be huge.

A

Alexander the Great

If Conor actually grows some balls.
Tough one for me...i love Conor but also Khabib..
Have you seen his vid wrestling with a small bear when he was young?
Khabib has a really good story. Someone did a really good doco on him..ill try find you the link.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Tough one for me...i love Conor but also Khabib..
Have you seen his vid wrestling with a small bear when he was young?
Khabib has a really good story. Someone did a really good doco on him..ill try find you the link.
I've seen it all. I'm a massive Khabib fan. Been watching the UFC since the 90's.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is UFC fake? Like wrestling pretty much... I’m pretty sure both of these are fake

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
*BUMP*

and if anyone starts crap in this thread, they'll be reply banned from it.

Respect each others comments / opinions.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Khabib threatening to quit the UFC if they sack his teammate that sucker punched Mcgregor.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Khabib threatening to quit the UFC if they sack his teammate that sucker punched Mcgregor.
I thought I saw Dana say that Khabibs guys would never fight in the UFC again in an interview after UFC 229. If Khabib quits I really don't care, there are always up and coming guys to take their place. I don't think Dana would give two fucks if he left. He has sacked guys in the past for incidents and he probably sack more as time goes on.

I remember Paul Daley who was a pretty talented fighter and making a name in the UFC when after his fight with Koscheck he sucker punched him. Dana torn his contract up there and then.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought I saw Dana say that Khabibs guys would never fight in the UFC again in an interview after UFC 229. If Khabib quits I really don't care, there are always up and coming guys to take their place. I don't think Dana would give two fucks if he left. He has sacked guys in the past for incidents and he probably sack more as time goes on.

I remember Paul Daley who was a pretty talented fighter and making a name in the UFC when after his fight with Koscheck he sucker punched him. Dana torn his contract up there and then.
Khabib was never a huge draw which is why it took so long for him to get a title shot so I dont think Dana would be too fussed if he did leave. UFC is more about entertainment these days thats why you see talented fighters like mousasi
leave because he knew the UFC didn't care about him.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If Khabib quits, they should terminate McGregor as well.

Start afresh and make it abundantly clear for all the upcoming fighters: If you fuck up, if you show ego, you will suffer the same fate.

UFC was never about egos, it was about ability in the ring and designed as an alternative to boxing (whereby various forms of martial arts / wrestling / boxing could come together in a professional ring).

With the latest crop of clowns (e.g McGregor) it lost it's way and has shaped the sport in the entirely wrong direction.

Has it brought fans? Maybe
Has it brought the WRONG TYPE of fans? Absolutely.

UFC are kinda at a crossroads here. Go back to their roots and try to reinvent the sport how it SHOULD be, or pander to egos and crap, and open the sport to more issues like we saw after the McGregor fight, and more drama like wrestling.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Khabib quits, they should terminate McGregor as well.

Start afresh and make it abundantly clear for all the upcoming fighters: If you fuck up, if you show ego, you will suffer the same fate.

UFC was never about egos, it was about ability in the ring and designed as an alternative to boxing (whereby various forms of martial arts / wrestling / boxing could come together in a professional ring).

With the latest crop of clowns (e.g McGregor) it lost it's way and has shaped the sport in the entirely wrong direction.

Has it brought fans? Maybe
Has it brought the WRONG TYPE of fans? Absolutely.

UFC are kinda at a crossroads here. Go back to their roots and try to reinvent the sport how it SHOULD be, or pander to egos and crap, and open the sport to more issues like we saw after the McGregor fight, and more drama like wrestling.
They'll never go back because they almost went broke a decade and a bit ago, it was the ultimate fighter reality TV show that saved them.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
They'll never go back because they almost went broke a decade and a bit ago, it was the ultimate fighter reality TV show that saved them.
The ultimate fighter brought them mainstream viewers as all their stuff before hand was only ppv. I also remember the final match between Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar was absolutely crazy. People who hadn't seen the UFC before that it was nuts.

@Mr Invisible the thing about egos their have always been guys with egos throughout the ufc. Tito Ortiz was one of the first big trash talkers in the organization. There are always going to be egos and trash talking it all part of it. 90% of the fighters would be respected and respectful of their opposition, and usually when there is a bit of trash talking involved before hand it is normally squashed after the fight is done.

Though there are times where fighters a legit hate for one another, which can be ego driven.