The Consolidated NFL Thread

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If there's any team/s I support it will be the Chicago Bears & The Green Bay Packers... Brett Harve & Manning are the best QB's in the Game...

OTTO

Playing Pablo
Reaction score
i follow the raiders (oakland) they are pretty sh!thouse the last few seasons but in the draft 1st round 1st pick they picked up a quarterback that has several college records.
peyton manning is great i like michael vick aswell, good quarterbacks.

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i follow the NFL very closely, been playing Madden for 13 years but don't follow a team

~MC~

untouchable
Reaction score
If you want a good team that will most likely make the Playoffs go for:

AFC
New England Patriots (heard of Tom Brady)
Denver Broncos
Indianapolis Colts (2006/07 Champs)
San Diego Chargers

NFC
Dallas Cowboys
Chicago Bears
Philadelphia Eagles

AFC is way better than the NFC.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i follow the NFL very closely, been playing Madden for 13 years but don't follow a team
13 Years yet no suppoirt for any team in Real-Life... Jeez, that's seems alot Farfetched to me...:amazed:

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want a good team that will most likely make the Playoffs go for:

AFC
New England Patriots (heard of Tom Brady)
Denver Broncos
Indianapolis Colts (2006/07 Champs)
San Diego Chargers

NFC
Dallas Cowboys
Chicago Bears
Philadelphia Eagles

AFC is way better than the NFC.

you left out the next winner of the nfc west, the san fransico 49ers :D

well i hope so

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I only just started gaining an interest in the sport so havent yet a team but am looking damn hard I like the look of the Eagles, Packers, Broncos and Jets purely because of their name.
QUOTE]

highlights your intelligance about the game

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Aight the pre season kicks of a month or two

Cant wait

Come on the 9ers, Ravens and Falcons

:grinning:

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Are we gonna do NFL Fantasy ?

The Kennel league or something ??????

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've heard there's a Premier League/1st Grade Football Comopetition in NSW... It's called the NSWFL & it's not that amatuer...

T_dog

I'm afraid of not trying
Reaction score
go the cowboys! romo will be back better than ever!!!

H

Haztrick

Philly Eagles! Love them. Westbrooke is a legend. I've only started getting into the NFL last year but I stuck with the Eagles simply because I think Westy is a gun. Awesome to watch. McNabb is great as well, but he got injured going into the play offs, didn't he? Then the back up went really well, I forget his name.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
Does EA plan on releasing a Madden 08 on PS2

or are they gonna be doing PS3 games only

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Steelers lock up Polamalu through 2011 season

July 23, 2007, 7:06 PM ET

LATROBE, Pa. -- Pittsburgh Steelers star safety Troy Polamalu signed a four-year contract extension Monday worth $30.19 million that makes him the highest-paid player in team history and one of the NFL's top-paid defensive backs.

The deal guarantees the Steelers will keep their most versatile defensive player through the 2011 season, when he will be 30, meaning Polamalu could negotiate another big-money contract before his NFL career ends.

Even if Polamalu said he didn't want to leave as a free agent after this season and doesn't expect to want to take off four years from now, either.

"I didn't want to be a player who is jumping from team to team," Polamalu said. "I've always felt comfortable here, I think this organization, this tradition they have here, is very legendary and I always wanted to be part of this."

Polamalu, an All-Pro safety in 2005, already was due to make $1,088,000 in salary and $1,722,000 in guaranteed bonuses this season, for a total contract of $2,810,000 and a salary cap value of $1,632,000. His extension kicks in next season and will pay him a guaranteed $15,375,000 during the 2008-2011 seasons in guaranteed money and roster bonuses, which are automatically paid as long as he is on the team.

"You have to earn the money," Polamalu said. "It's not for what I did in the past, it's for what I've got to earn now."

How could he earn that?

"Four Super Bowls in a row?" he said, smiling. "Go out and play hard, that's all I could do individually."

Previously, the Steelers' highest-paid player was wide receiver Hines Ward, who signed a four-year extension in 2005 that has a maximum value of $25.8 million and guarantees him $10 million. That deal runs through 2009.

"I'm very happy to get this done. The Rooneys were very fair and I think both sides are very happy to get this done very peacefully and without any feelings hurt at all," Polamalu said, referring to team owner Dan Rooney and president Art Rooney II.

Polamalu's signing was the second major contract deal by the Steelers in two days, but is likely to be their last before this season begins. On Sunday, they agreed to a five-year contract with outside linebacker Lawrence Timmons, their first-round draft pick, that guarantees him $12 million and could be worth as much as $15 million.

All-Pro Alan Faneca sought a contract extension during the offseason, but was unhappy when he was offered a deal that he said was worth less than the NFL's other premier guards make.

During a May minicamp, Faneca said this will be his final season in Pittsburgh, and he reiterated that Monday. Faneca, a five-time All-Pro left guard, is making $4,375,000 this season but could possibly make twice that as a free agent next year.

The Steelers also still have to decide what to do with linebacker Clark Haggans, right tackle Max Starks, guard Kendall Simmons and fullback Dan Kreider -- starters whose contracts expire at the end of the season.

Polamalu wanted to get this contract done -- and do so without negotiating in public -- to avoid the problems Faneca had.

"I feel for Alan, it's a shame," Polamalu said. "He's got a wife and kids and a lifestyle to uphold and, hopefully, he can get something done that's fair."

Polamalu, one of the most versatile players in Steelers history, was a first-team All-Pro player when Pittsburgh won the Super Bowl during the 2005 season and was a second team All-Pro in 2004. He made the Pro Bowl the last three seasons and, besides being known for the flowing black hair that streams out of his helmet, is widely regarded as one of the league's top defensive players.

Polamalu, a former Southern California player, has 10 sacks and 10 interceptions during his four-season career.

"I'm very excited about this [contract]," said new Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, who no longer must worry about Polamalu possibly leaving after this season.

Defensive coordinator **** LeBeau, who was retained by Tomlin, uses the strong safety in a variety of positions, sometimes lining Polamalu up as an outside linebacker in the pass rush, on the inside on running plays or deep in a traditional formation.

"Troy Polamalu is a very special football player who has been a key ingredient to our success over the past few seasons," Art Rooney II said. "We are excited to know he will be a Steeler for many seasons to come."

Polamalu's contract was announced minutes before the Steelers officially opened their first training camp under Tomlin with conditioning tests, a previously much-dreaded drill that former coach Bill Cowher always held on the second day of camp.