The Consolidated NFL Thread

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Was surprised Pickett was the only QB taken in the first round. I know it wasn’t the strongest QB draft but there are still some QB needy teams. Pretty happy that Pittsburgh took him. I know Willis had more upside but he is also a lot more raw. Needed someone who was going to be able to do a decent job now and challenge Trubisky. Don’t wanna waste time developing a QB when you have one of the best defences in the league.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@Freakzilla what do you think of these landing spots for fantasy? I like a lot of these players and most of these are good picks for the NFL teams but there are some horrible and awkward landing spots for most of them in fantasy.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Was surprised Pickett was the only QB taken in the first round. I know it wasn’t the strongest QB draft but there are still some QB needy teams. Pretty happy that Pittsburgh took him. I know Willis had more upside but he is also a lot more raw. Needed someone who was going to be able to do a decent job now and challenge Trubisky. Don’t wanna waste time developing a QB when you have one of the best defences in the league.
Another QB didn't get taken til late in the 3rd round. It's pretty crazy.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
@Freakzilla what do you think of these landing spots for fantasy? I like a lot of these players and most of these are good picks for the NFL teams but there are some horrible and awkward landing spots for most of them in fantasy.
I haven't watched round 2 and 3 of the draft yet. Just about to start watching now.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Just saw this.. The Packers have the longest active streak in the NFL of not taking a RB, WR or TE in the 1st round for the last 20 years straight.. That's pretty crazy..

They'll definitely draft some WRs and maybe a TE in 2nd/3rd round but they love sticking to their plan and trying their best to agitate Rodgers.
I think the last WR the packers took in the first round was javon walker…look at the talent they’ve found in the second and later rounds:

Davante Adams, Randall Cobb, jordy Nelson, Greg Jennings all second rounders. James Jones rd 3, Donald driver rd7.

I’m actually happy with the packers draft so far. Walker was the better pick over Dean as Dean has shoulder issues. Wyatt will be good with Kenny Clark. Watson is good value, glad they traded up for him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think the last WR the packers took in the first round was javon walker…look at the talent they’ve found in the second and later rounds:

Davante Adams, Randall Cobb, jordy Nelson, Greg Jennings all second rounders. James Jones rd 3, Donald driver rd7.

I’m actually happy with the packers draft so far. Walker was the better pick over Dean as Dean has shoulder issues. Wyatt will be good with Kenny Clark. Watson is good value, glad they traded up for him.
A WR in the early 2nd is essentially a 1st so they did well and obviously had a plan. I like Watson. I think he could be one of the best WRs in the draft and the landing spot is perfect for him..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Packers and their disrespect to Aaron Rodgers when it comes to Round 1 WR.

Image1651500105.034454.jpg

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Packers and their disrespect to Aaron Rodgers when it comes to Round 1 WR.

View attachment 48869
Shows the value the packers find in the second round. In the past wide receivers weren't the commodity they are now, the college passing game has improved immensely over the past few years and more college receivers are becoming pro-ready much quicker.

I

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Shows the value the packers find in the second round. In the past wide receivers weren't the commodity they are now, the college passing game has improved immensely over the past few years and more college receivers are becoming pro-ready much quicker.

I
Other teams have had no issue drafting a WR in the first round.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Don’t even care who the teams are. What a spectacle it’d be. I watched the Dolphins play in Miami and wow!! They know how to put on an event
I watched the Boys v phins preseason game @ Miami and it was a bigger even than the nrlol GF.