NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
will be in the states for a couple of weeks, will be there again next year for a month but wanted to just try a short trip after covid. so hoping to catch some magic games, including GS and Mavs (well luka)
The Magic should be fun to watch this season. I love some of the picks they've made.. They'll still struggle to win more than 25 games but they'll be a lot more competitive game to game.

Franz Wagner was one of the most underrated rookies from last year and he's been killing it at Eurobasket. Banchero looks like a man-child and has a nice jumper.. Bamba and Carter are good young bigs.. Suggs needs to stay healthy. Cole Anthony is a good scorer.. Hopefully Isaac and Fultz can stay healthy .

I think Mosley is a good coach too. I remember when he was playing in the NBL and dunking on everyone..

I hope you get to see the teams you want.

Last edited:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ime Udoka suspended for the season. Considering stepping down from Head Coach and the Celtics organization. Really tough outgoing for the Celtics.

Malla

Reaction score
He hooked up with a female staff member in a consensual relationship. He'll be fined and suspended some games, but not fired.

Although more importantly, I thought he was married to Nia Long's fine ass so I assume that's over. Haha
I would be shocked if he did not leave.

Is he signed long term as Boston coach? What's his contract worth?

While he may have broke team protocol, I would have thought given the sensitivity of the matter and lives involved there would be confidentiality around it. Weird the way this has gone down. It does fuck things up for Boston. He's an excellent coach that managed to get the best out of a good roster. They have a great roster this season with addition of Brodgon and Gallo (although he may be injured?) - this drama is not what Boston needs.

In saying this, Frank Vogel looks like he might get a gig for the year.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would be shocked if he did not leave.

Is he signed long term as Boston coach? What's his contract worth?

While he may have broke team protocol, I would have thought given the sensitivity of the matter and lives involved there would be confidentiality around it. Weird the way this has gone down. It does fuck things up for Boston. He's an excellent coach that managed to get the best out of a good roster. They have a great roster this season with addition of Brodgon and Gallo (although he may be injured?) - this drama is not what Boston needs.

In saying this, Frank Vogel looks like he might get a gig for the year.
Don't know what his contract is worth but he did get a 4 or 5 year deal. He's pretty insistent on staying and I don't think they want to fire him after he took them to the finals.

They're talking a one year suspension with the assistant taking over. We'll see if any of that changes. Either way it's not ideal and a completely unnecessary drama that you don't expect your head coach to put the team in.

Malla

Reaction score
Still waiting on the Udoka details
Everyone saying it’s worse than what it is.. ok then tell us?

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Wizards look nice, should make the play in easily. They will either come out into the 7th or 8th seed but lose the first round.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wizards look nice, should make the play in easily. They will either come out into the 7th or 8th seed but lose the first round.
My league pass wouldn’t work for some reason. How did Wiseman look?

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My league pass wouldn’t work for some reason. How did Wiseman look?
He looked good, got through a fair chunk of minutes. Both teams respectfully only played players like Curry, Beal, Porzingus in the first quarter and a bit in the second but it was mostly the rookies, two way players and practice squad players who played most of the game. It was pretty boring but that’s expected.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Celtics signed Blake Griffin for 1 year. He might get to play early on with Robert Williams injured again.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think the Wizards will be better but it will be hard for them to make the playoffs or even the play in with the following 10 teams all likely ahead of them. The East is more stacked than ever. Even teams like Detroit and Orlando I think will be much improved but will still lose a tonne of games because of how competitive the East is..

Milwaukee
Boston
Philly
Miami
Brooklyn
Chicago
Atlanta
Cleveland
Toronto
Charlotte

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He looked good, got through a fair chunk of minutes. Both teams respectfully only played players like Curry, Beal, Porzingus in the first quarter and a bit in the second but it was mostly the rookies, two way players and practice squad players who played most of the game. It was pretty boring but that’s expected.
Ok cheers. Sounds a bit like our trial games.
Bring on the start of the season

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think the Wizards will be better but it will be hard for them to make the playoffs or even the play in with the following 10 teams all likely ahead of them. The East is more stacked than ever. Even teams like Detroit and Orlando I think will be much improved but will still lose a tonne of games because of how competitive the East is..

Milwaukee
Boston
Philly
Miami
Brooklyn
Chicago
Atlanta
Cleveland
Toronto
Charlotte
Wizards will be better than Charlotte imo, they will take the 10th seed.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
You might be right there. I think Clifford is an average coach and Miles Bridges surely won't be playing for a while. But I love LaMelo and think he'll have a huge season.
will be interesting to see how clifford and lamelo get along. he's a very short leash kind of coach. He's also a good defensive coach, so I could see them over washington

Last edited:

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
will be interesting to see how clifford and lamelo get along. he's a very short leash kind of coach. He's also a good defensive coach, so I could see them over washington
We really got screwed over by Bridges. Cleared salary space to sign him by giving up Duren for some draft picks (definitely worth more than a first and a few second round picks). Not having Bridges will definitely hurt us given what we gave up to keep him

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Glad suns lost, couldn’t of happened to a better team. I despise Paul, Booker and the entirety organization.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score