NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If Kyrie isn't being traded, then it's most likely KD stays at least another year. Luckily for Brooklyn, KD is under contract for 4 more years without opt outs etc, so even if Kyrie walks after next season, they can still get full value back for KD in a trade.
I wouldn't trade KD for that package anyway.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade KD for that package anyway.
Definitely not. They're all nice players.. I really like Bridges and think Johnson could be really good if he started elsewhere but you'd need a better young star back than Ayton along with the other two.. It'd be hard to work out a trade for KD with any team. He'd only want to go to a contender and those teams have limited assets

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Definitely not. They're all nice players.. I really like Bridges and think Johnson could be really good if he started elsewhere but you'd need a better young star back than Ayton along with the other two.. It'd be hard to work out a trade for KD with any team. He'd only want to go to a contender and those teams have limited assets
He can join the Bulls :tearsofjoy:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Knicks are offering Brunson $110 million over 4 years. I've always liked Brunson and I think he'll be good for them. Think he can average 22 and 8 or more.. But they're overpaying a bit..

Dragic will probably sign with the Mavs

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Knicks are offering Brunson $110 million over 4 years. I've always liked Brunson and I think he'll be good for them. Think he can average 22 and 8 or more.. But they're overpaying a bit..

Dragic will probably sign with the Mavs
That is a massive overpay for him. He ain't going to make them a top 4 team in the East.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That is a massive overpay for him. He ain't going to make them a top 4 team in the East.
For sure.. He's a really good player but at best he's the 3rd best player on a contending team. And he's not someone who'll help you recruit other players.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
For sure.. He's a really good player but at best he's the 3rd best player on a contending team. And he's not someone who'll help you recruit other players.
Yeah and the Knicks have 0 stars. Another bad move by the Knicks.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We made top 4 in the east with Elfrid Payton as our starting pg in 2020-21.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yeah and the Knicks have 0 stars. Another bad move by the Knicks.
RJ Barret?, Julius Randle is a Star, just had one badish season with some mental difficulties that hopefully have cleared and he can go back to his best.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Murray traded to the Hawks for Danillo Gallinari and multiple picks. Spurs could of asked for so much more but W for the hawks.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Once again the Knicks are a fucking joke. Missed out on Dejounte Murray. Cleared draft picks and salary of players who were only signed/extended last off season for a talented player but not in the superstar ranks. A 3 of Barret, Brunson and Randle could at most see us within the 5-6 seed next year.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Once again the Knicks are a fucking joke. Missed out on Dejounte Murray. Cleared draft picks and salary of players who were only signed/extended last off season for a talented player but not in the superstar ranks. A 3 of Barret, Brunson and Randle could at most see us within the 5-6 seed next year.
Yeah the Knicks should have gone after Murray with those picks they got from draft night..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Murray traded to the Hawks for Danillo Gallinari and multiple picks. Spurs could of asked for so much more but W for the hawks.
I don't know about the fit with Trae but that was the rumour all along and they got a deal done. To get Murray without giving up Collins and no other players besides Danillo who is past it is crazy. 3 1sts is a lot. But Murray is only 25 and is worth it.. He almost averaged a triple double last year and is a great defender..

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don't know about the fit with Trae but that was the rumour all along and they got a deal done. To get Murray without giving up Collins and no other players besides Danillo who is past it is crazy. 3 1sts is a lot. But Murray is only 25 and is worth it..
Spurs are making the ultimate tank happen.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
RJ Barret?, Julius Randle is a Star, just had one badish season with some mental difficulties that hopefully have cleared and he can go back to his best.
I wouldn't say Randle is a star.. He's a solid player but he's a ball hog who takes a lot of bad/contested shots and is easy to guard in the playoffs when teams load up on him..

Toppin needs to get more minutes as he runs the floor more and they can play faster with him and Quickley etc..

The Knicks need to re-sign Mitchell Robinson, get Brunson and get a lot more shooting and try and play faster..

But Thibs loves a slow, grind it out style and will probably play his starters 44 minutes a game all season again..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mo Bamba is an unrestricted free agent now.. People might laugh but he was actually pretty good last season and has bulked up a lot. He can shoot 3s really well and is a great shot blocker. He could make a big impact on the right team and wouldn't cost a tonne.. He'd be perfect for a team like the Bulls or Raptors that need a Centre and rim protection badly.

Malla

Reaction score
I'd say Murrays ceiling was reached and they traded high for picks.

2023 top 16 protected...2023 draft is deep, and 2025 and 27 Hawks first rounders

Good trade. Spurs were never going to contend with current team and Murray. This is a good trade for both teams.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd say Murrays ceiling was reached and they traded high for picks.

2023 top 16 protected...2023 draft is deep, and 2025 and 27 Hawks first rounders

Good trade. Spurs were never going to contend with current team and Murray. This is a good trade for both teams.
Even if he has reached his ceiling (I don't think he has), you'd take 20, 8 and 8 with All-NBA level defence, crazy speed and athleticism as a ceiling. 3 picks is a lot, but only one of those was theirs and I think Murray is worth it.

The only part that I don't like about the Spurs side is that they only got one Pick in the next 2 drafts and that is top 16 protected.. So they might not get any picks til 2025. That's a long, long term rebuild..