NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's way better than Exum. The person he was guarding in the G-League shot only 37% from the field. Also he had 17 rebounds in a game. As a 17 year old for the Boomers he recorded 23 points, six steals and four assists in an 81–52 win over NZ.
We'll see.. I agree he's better than Exum but I think he's more of a role player than anything. He's a great defender and good passer but will struggle on offense in the NBA for a while.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We'll see.. I agree he's better than Exum but I think he's more of a role player than anything. He's a great defender and good passer but will struggle on offense in the NBA for a while.
I didn't argue against any of those points.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I actually like Keegan Murray but Sacramento fucked up again by not taking Jayden Ivey or at least trading back with Detroit to get extra assets..

They showed a graphic with Sacramento's recent fuck ups..

In 2018 they took Bagley at #2 when Luka went #3 and Trae Young went #5..

In 2012 they took Thomas Robinson at #5. Lillard went #6..

In 2011 they took Jimmer Fredette at #10..
Klay went #11..

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually like Keegan Murray but Sacramento fucked up again by not taking Jayden Ivey or at least trading back with Detroit to get extra assets..

They showed a graphic with Sacramento's recent fuck ups..

In 2018 they took Bagley at #2 when Luka went #3 and Trae Young went #5..

In 2012 they took Thomas Robinson at #5. Lillard went #6..

In 2011 they took Jimmer Fredette at #10..
Klay went #11..
Vlade Divac doesn't like Doncic Sr and assumed that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree... idiotic

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Vlade Divac doesn't like Doncic Sr and assumed that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree... idiotic
Plus they prioritised De'Aaron when Doncic was the far better player and you take the best player regardless of position or need.. Now they've done the same with De'Aaron over Ivey..

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plus they prioritised De'Aaron when Doncic was the far better player and you take the best player regardless of position or need.. Now they've done the same with De'Aaron over Ivey..
Portland passed on Michael Jordan because they already had Drexler

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Before that draft I had Doncic at 1 & Trae at 2. Phoenix stuffed up not taking Doncic 1. Could you imagine a Doncic-Booker-Paul lineup...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Before that draft I had Doncic at 1 & Trae at 2. Phoenix stuffed up not taking Doncic 1. Could you imagine a Doncic-Booker-Paul lineup...
Yeah Doncic was always #1 by a mile. What he was doing as a teenager with Real Madrid was unprecedented. And he'd already taken Slovenia to win Eurobasket..

Doncic/Booker would have been unstoppable. The Suns have found out the hard way that Ayton wasn't worth taking at #1 and you can get decent production out of other bigs for way less investment.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah Doncic was always #1 by a mile. What he was doing as a teenager with Real Madrid was unprecedented. And he'd already taken Slovenia to win Eurobasket..

Doncic/Booker would have been unstoppable. The Suns have found out the hard way that Ayton wasn't worth taking at #1 and you can get decent production out of other bigs for way less investment.
Ayton is a good player and any team would love to get that type of player at pick 3 but Doncic is special and Trae was always going to be an all-star type franchise PG.

Atlanta shouldn't have traded Doncic either after drafting him at 3.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

the EuroBasket win was huge for such a small nation like Slovenia

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
I’m a long time Magic fan and think Banchero is a gun but not sure he’s a good fit with what we’ve currently got, or more to the point, our backcourt isn’t the best fit around him. His d is questionable but he will be a beast, just need Fultz/Suggs to be better or trade for some shooting.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I’m a long time Magic fan and think Banchero is a gun but not sure he’s a good fit with what we’ve currently got, or more to the point, our backcourt isn’t the best fit around him. His d is questionable but he will be a beast, just need Fultz/Suggs to be better or trade for some shooting.
Have faith in Jalen Suggs. I think he takes a massive leap this season.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I like the Magic's core if they can keep them together for a while.. Suggs, Anthony, Wagner, Banchero and Carter is a good young starting lineup..

If you re-sign Bamba (he might get a better offer elsewhere) and if Isaac and Fultz ever have luck with injuries then that's a good bench. They do need some more veterans though to help the rookies and keep them more competitive short term..

I like Mosley as a coach.. I think this is the best outlook the Magic have had since the Dwight/Hedo/Lewis/Nelson teams. Hopefully the Magic don't fuck it up.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I told you guys that the Nets situation would get messy this offseason and it's unlikely Kyrie and KD play together next season.. Now they're at risk of losing both and having to rebuild..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Supposedly the Hawks and Spurs are still working on a Dejounte deal.. Collins might be involved or it might be for multiple 1sts and some bench players and without Collins..

Last edited:

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
i'm gonna laugh if ben simmons is the only one left on the nets

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
I hope so mate. Was pretty stoked when we drafted him but has been underwhelming.
he's elite defensively and his shot's not broken (well not historically horrible anyway) at worst he's in the marcus smart mold

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Storylines before free agency starts and the trades start coming..

- Kyrie likely gone, looking to play for the Lakers.. Might opt out and sign for much, much less as teams won't offer him the max he's looking for on a long term deal due to obvious risks

- KD likely to ask for a trade if Kyrie walks..

- Miles Bridges wants the max, Hornets won't give it to him. He'll test free agency. May still stay with the Hornets

- Dejounte on the market. Hawks leading the pursuit

- Donovan Mitchell still wants out

- Gobert likely on the move too

- Ayton unlikely to get the max from the Suns.. Will test the market

- John Wall to get bought out.. Clippers and Lakers (if they don't get Kyrie) likely options..

- No one is bailing the Lakers out with a Westbrook trade..

- Capela and/or Collins maybe on the move from the Hawks

- Beal likely to re-sign with the Wizards on a max contract

- Spurs looking to rebuild and acquire picks for the 23 draft..

- Philly likely to extend Harden and get PJ Tucker.. Morey all in on trying to put his Houston team back together..