NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Supposedly the Spurs are shopping Dejounte Murray, which would make no sense. If he's available, he could make a huge impact on a playoff team..

John Collins will probably be traded... DeAndre Ayton looks like he won't be back with the Suns..Malcolm Brogdon will probably get traded too. It should be an interesting week with the draft tomorrow, trades and free agency..

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Supposedly the Spurs are shopping Dejounte Murray, which would make no sense. If he's available, he could make a huge impact on a playoff team..

John Collins will probably be traded... DeAndre Ayton looks like he won't be back with the Suns..Malcolm Brogdon will probably get traded too. It should be an interesting week with the draft tomorrow, trades and free agency..
I think the Murray trade talk came from the Spurs enquiring about John Collins, Hawks countered with Murray for Collins.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think the Murray trade talk came from the Spurs enquiring about John Collins, Hawks countered with Murray for Collins.
Yeah that deal wouldn't make any sense as you'd need Murray to play with Collins and throw him lobs..

Still, it sounds like Murray is available for the right price. 3 1sts was mentioned. Which is worth it as he's only 25 and nearly averaged a triple double last year. Often these rumours are leaked by teams to gauge interest and see what their value is. The fact that the Spurs haven't shut down the rumour suggests that he's available at the right price. We'll see if anyone pays up.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep, back in the day I had to set the timer to record Sports Tonight just so I could see the nba scores.
How times have changed...
I used to have to read the paper the next day to get updated standings and scores. Or buy Pro Basketball Today to get in depth breakdowns of boxscores..

I even used to ring this 0055 number for up to date details of each game and comprehensive stats but when my Mum saw the phone bill that was the end of that. Haha.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

I don't believe the Spurs would trade DM unless they get a lot for him.

Apparently Rudy Gobert is getting traded to the Bulls. I'd take him on the Bulls but it depends on the price.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I used to have to read the paper the next day to get updated standings and scores. Or buy Pro Basketball Today to get in depth breakdowns of boxscores..

I even used to ring this 0055 number for up to date details of each game and comprehensive stats but when my Mum saw the phone bill that was the end of that. Haha.
I use to buy One on One every month and some weekly basketball newspaper.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Keldon and the 9th to the King's for the 4th.

This might actually make the DJ rumour a possibility if we grab Ivey.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Keldon and the 9th to the King's for the 4th.

This might actually make the DJ rumour a possibility if we grab Ivey.
Is that a rumour or a done deal? Would be a good deal for the Spurs if true.. Keldon Johnson is a solid player but Ivey looks like he could be an All-Star and whoever is at #9 will be a big drop off from the top 4..

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is that a rumour or a done deal? Would be a good deal for the Spurs if true.. Keldon Johnson is a solid player but Ivey looks like he could be an All-Star and whoever is at #9 will be a big drop off from the top 4..
Nar not confirmed

Malla

Reaction score

Yeah where did that from. Spurs system is not for everyone I guess. I like what Spurs are doing though, Murray has reached his ceiling imo.

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I use to buy One on One every month and some weekly basketball newspaper.
One on One haha holy shit I had basically EVERY ONE OF THOSE BABIES!
Used to put them in a newspaper and pay for that instead.
70c if I remember
Geeezus thanks for the memories man

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

I used to buy Pro Basketball Today, it was cheap and packed full of stats and info.

probasketballtoday.jpg

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Aussie Dyson Daniels got drafted by the Pelicans 8th overall.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Aussie Dyson Daniels got drafted by the Pelicans 8th overall.
Solid prospect but in another draft he'd be a much later pick. He reminds me of Dante Exum with his athleticism and defensive ability and how limited a scorer he is. Daniels is a better passer though.. He won't play much early with the Pelicans, but he and Alvarado can cause havoc off the bench trying to force turnovers..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Solid prospect but in another draft he'd be a much later pick. He reminds me of Dante Exum with his athleticism and defensive ability and how limited a scorer he is. Daniels is a better passer though.. He won't play much early with the Pelicans, but he and Alvarado can cause havoc off the bench trying to force turnovers..
He's way better than Exum. The person he was guarding in the G-League shot only 37% from the field. Also he had 17 rebounds in a game. As a 17 year old for the Boomers he recorded 23 points, six steals and four assists in an 81–52 win over NZ.