NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who the fuck voted for Andrew Wiggins to be an All-Star starter? I never watch the game anymore anyway but players get/miss out on huge bonuses with All-Star selections and someone very deserving will miss out because idiots voted Wiggins in for some reason...

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wiggins being a starter is the stupidest thing I’ve seen in a while. You have a player like Booker who is the best player on the best team missing out for fkn Wiggins.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Wiggins being a starter is the stupidest thing I’ve seen in a while. You have a player like Booker who is the best player on the best team missing out for fkn Wiggins.
i mean they're different positions he would to have beaten ja, luka probably got snubbed

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Even though he's not in his prime CP3 is still the best player on the Suns. But I agree about Booker, CP3 or anyone else getting in ahead of Wiggins. Draymond was more deserving than Wiggins..

Jeremy Lin almost got voted in a few times. Hopefully Wiggins getting in finally makes them change it.

The thing I don't get is, since when was Wiggins so popular? Did he have a bunch of Russian Bots voting for him?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
i mean they're different positions he would to have beaten ja, luka probably got snubbed
In an era where so many players are positionless, it's stupid that the All-Star game won't have 3 guards in the starting lineup if need be.

If they were solely looking at forwards, Draymond, Jaren Jackson Jr, Anthony Edwards and even Porzingis are more deserving than Wiggins and everyone aside from Draymond is a popular player..

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
In an era where so many players are positionless, it's stupid that the All-Star game won't have 3 guards in the starting lineup if need be.

If they were solely looking at forwards, Draymond, Jaren Jackson Jr, Anthony Edwards and even Porzingis are more deserving than Wiggins and everyone aside from Draymond is a popular player..
zaza is turning in his NBA grave. robbed of an NBA all star starting spot. Next year the east should vote in mo bamba

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Even though he's not in his prime CP3 is still the best player on the Suns. But I agree about Booker, CP3 or anyone else getting in ahead of Wiggins. Draymond was more deserving than Wiggins..

Jeremy Lin almost got voted in a few times. Hopefully Wiggins getting in finally makes them change it.

The thing I don't get is, since when was Wiggins so popular? Did he have a bunch of Russian Bots voting for him?
apparently k pop fans

silva

Utility
Reaction score

True about Chris Paul. He doesn’t put up the numbers that booker does but does so much which the stats don’t represent. Unbelievable vision and spacial awareness I might be biased but never seen a better pure point guard. Makes me laugh Russell Westbrook is even considered on his level. He turned Phoenix from a less then 500 team to the 2nd best record in the league. Surely this is the year to get his chip

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
True about Chris Paul. He doesn’t put up the numbers that booker does but does so much which the stats don’t represent. Unbelievable vision and spacial awareness I might be biased but never seen a better pure point guard. Makes me laugh Russell Westbrook is even considered on his level. He turned Phoenix from a less then 500 team to the 2nd best record in the league. Surely this is the year to get his chip
Plus he turned OKC from a 20 win team to a 50 plus win team in one season. Then he leaves and they're at 25 wins again..

What he's doing at his age as an undersized PG is as impressive as what LeBron's doing. He's the best PG of his generation. I hope he gets a title too. He deserves one.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sacramento and other teams have pulled out of Simmons negotiations because they're sick of Morey asking for a Kings ransom.

The Sixers may be moving up the standings because Embiid is having another MVP calibre season but they won't do anything in the playoffs and they need a trade to help them contend...

I know Morey wants Harden next season but it's madness to just hold onto someone that valuable all season and not help your team contend in the current season.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I have a bias towards Booker being a Suns fan because he was our only redeeming factor for the 5 years pre-CP3. But Paul is something else, I'd go as far to say he is the best game manager in the league. It does take him a while to get going in some games and thats where the supporting cast are really stepping up. Bridges and Ayton aren't talked about enough within the game, Bridges is special and Ayton does all the little things that contribute to winning basketball. Just hope we pay Ayton.

Wiggins became a meme because of how poor he was at certain points in his recent career and "twitter" fans love a comeback story.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sacramento and other teams have pulled out of Simmons negotiations because they're sick of Morey asking for a Kings ransom.

The Sixers may be moving up the standings because Embiid is having another MVP calibre season but they won't do anything in the playoffs and they need a trade to help them contend...

I know Morey wants Harden next season but it's madness to just hold onto someone that valuable all season and not help your team contend in the current season.
I dont like the Harden-Embiid fit, especially now with the new foul rules and Harden being almost 33. Sacramento was their best bet at getting a handsome deal and they should have taken the Haliburton and picks trade when it was supposedly on the table.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wiggins has nothing to do with Booker. Wiggins is a forward and Booker a guard.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Booker is better than Paul but neither of them are forwards which is how Wiggins made it.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who the fuck voted for Andrew Wiggins to be an All-Star starter? I never watch the game anymore anyway but players get/miss out on huge bonuses with All-Star selections and someone very deserving will miss out because idiots voted Wiggins in for some reason...
About as stupid as Vucevic last year over Adebayo. I agree with your statement 100%

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Booker is better than Paul but neither of them are forwards which is how Wiggins made it.
Booker is a better long term player and more talented but he's not a better player than CP3 right now. Booker is great and deserves to be an All-Star too. But CP3 is a top 5 MVP candidate the last few seasons. Booker had never made the playoffs without CP3 or even got close to 40 wins.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I dont like the Harden-Embiid fit, especially now with the new foul rules and Harden being almost 33. Sacramento was their best bet at getting a handsome deal and they should have taken the Haliburton and picks trade when it was supposedly on the table.
To be fair Harden has figured it out more and adjusted to the refs and they've given him more calls. He's older but he's still lighting it up without KD. Getting Harden is the ultimate win now move. They'd play well together. But wasting a season of Embiid and running him into the ground just to lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs isn't a good strategy either.

I think the best fit would have been Dejounte Murray plus two or three players and picks. Murray has 11 triple doubles this season. He's one of the most underrated players in the league. And he's still pretty young.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wiggins has nothing to do with Booker. Wiggins is a forward and Booker a guard.
You're right but there were still other forwards who have been much better. Draymond and Jaren Jackson to name a few.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Booker is a better long term player and more talented but he's not a better player than CP3 right now. Booker is great and deserves to be an All-Star too. But CP3 is a top 5 MVP candidate the last few seasons. Booker had never made the playoffs without CP3 or even got close to 40 wins.
Booker is easily better right now. He had never made the playoffs before Paul because he was still young and the Suns had the worst roster in the league. By your logic Dwight Howard is better than KAT because KAT can't make the playoffs.

Suns were 2-0 in the Western Conference Finals without Paul and 2-2 with him. The past 2 seasons the Suns are 3-0 without just Paul. 7-4 without just Booker.

Paul averages 14 ppg. Booker 25 ppg.

Both are top players but give me Booker anyday. You win with scorers in the NBA.