NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I really like this Ayo Dosunmu kid from the Bulls. He's a great role player who plays D, scores efficiently and does a little bit of everything. They'll need him even more with Lonzo out a few months..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tatum had been in a shooting slump but he snapped out of it against the Wizards..

He had 51, 10 and 7 with 9 3s..

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
I really like this Ayo Dosunmu kid from the Bulls. He's a great role player who plays D, scores efficiently and does a little bit of everything. They'll need him even more with Lonzo out a few months..
No lavine ball and Caruso with the latter 2 out for 2 months. We need the all star break asap

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No lavine ball and Caruso with the latter 2 out for 2 months. We need the all star break asap
That foul from Grayson Allen was typical bullshit from him. Initially he went for the ball but then brought down Caruso with force with the other arm and slammed him into the ground. When a guy is in the air, you don't do that shit.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
That foul from Grayson Allen was typical bullshit from him. Initially he went for the ball but then brought down Caruso with force with the other arm and slammed him into the ground. When a guy is in the air, you don't do that shit.
Agreed he deserves a lengthy ban

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Embiid is something else. His last 4 games;

38 points in 31 minutes
40 points in 37 minutes
50 points in 27 minutes
32 points in 29 minutes

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tatum had been in a shooting slump but he snapped out of it against the Wizards..

He had 51, 10 and 7 with 9 3s..
I cant work out how good Tatum will become, sometimes I watch him and I think he has MVP potential, other times I wonder if he is even the best out of him and Brown.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I cant work out how good Tatum will become, sometimes I watch him and I think he has MVP potential, other times I wonder if he is even the best out of him and Brown.
His inconsistency can be frustrating. Like you said, his ceiling is very high. Last season he basically averaged 40 for the last few months.. To his credit he's rebounding more and become a much better passer this season.

We're the only team that has two players that have scored 50 this season. Tatum and Brown are two of the top 15 talents in the league. But the more time goes on, the more they might have to consider trading one of them if they can get a huge haul in return.

I'm still not convinced Udoka is the right coach and am worried Stevens has no clue as a GM.. You watch us play and there's zero ball movement or cutting, screens etc. It's just whoever has it, play Iso against your man. We play the complete opposite way of the Suns, Warriors and other teams that move the ball well.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His inconsistency can be frustrating. Like you said, his ceiling is very high. Last season he basically averaged 40 for the last few months.. To his credit he's rebounding more and become a much better passer this season.

We're the only team that has two players that have scored 50 this season. Tatum and Brown are two of the top 15 talents in the league. But the more time goes on, the more they might have to consider trading one of them if they can get a huge haul in return.

I'm still not convinced Udoka is the right coach and am worried Stevens has no clue as a GM.. You watch us play and there's zero ball movement or cutting, screens etc. It's just whoever has it, play Iso against your man. We play the complete opposite way of the Suns, Warriors and other teams that move the ball well.
If Tatum continues to develop his playmaking then he really could become a top 5 player in the game. He doesnt need to ever be a great or elite playmaker, but we've seen guys like Booker become competent at playmaking and it keeps defenders guessing. That extra second it provides is all a guy like Tatum needs.

Udoka looks out of his depth, he is talented and coaches need experience to improve as well but I dont know if he will get that time in Boston. I guess the same can be said about Stevens, very very talented, one of the brighest minds in the game but inexperience in his role can come back to haunt him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Tatum continues to develop his playmaking then he really could become a top 5 player in the game. He doesnt need to ever be a great or elite playmaker, but we've seen guys like Booker become competent at playmaking and it keeps defenders guessing. That extra second it provides is all a guy like Tatum needs.

Udoka looks out of his depth, he is talented and coaches need experience to improve as well but I dont know if he will get that time in Boston. I guess the same can be said about Stevens, very very talented, one of the brighest minds in the game but inexperience in his role can come back to haunt him.
My biggest issue with Stevens was the lack of adjustments. His first few seasons the ball moved so well. His last few seasons there was zero ball movement and he would play bad lineups.

Udoka needs more time but the early signs show there hasn't been much change and watching them on offense drives Celtics fans crazy. Plus the D has been average too.

There are lots of holes in that team and trades need to be made but there's enough talent with Tatum, Brown, Williams etc that they shouldn't have a .500 record at the All-Star break..

Supposedly the Celtics have been the most active team in trade talks so I expect Horford, Smart, Schroeder and Richardson to be traded for whatever he can get back. Which probably won't be much at this point.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Having Lavine back is a huge relief. Dosunmu with a big game today scoring 24 and 8 assists

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Having Lavine back is a huge relief. Dosunmu with a big game today scoring 24 and 8 assists
Ayo gets better every game. He reminds me a lot of Demarr. Having DeRozan as a mentor to help develop a young kid like him makes DeMarr even more valuable as the two of them seem pretty close.

The Bulls have made great picks in recent years and seem to develop players really well. Billy Donovan doesn't get enough credit as a coach either.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Clippers came back from 35 down to beat the Wizards with a 3 pointer and 1.

The Wizards have been in a slump for ages but losing that lead is pathetic. The Clippers are missing everyone and were playing their backups the whole last quarter and still came back.

Credit to the Clippers though. Ty Lue is a really underrated coach that somehow has that team in the playoff race.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Clippers are the first team in 25 seasons to come back from 24 or more points and win 3 different times in the one season.

And they did it all in January against the Nuggets, Sixers and Wizards all without Paul George, Kawhi and others.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Clippers are the first team in 25 seasons to come back from 24 or more points and win 3 different times in the one season.

And they did it all in January against the Nuggets, Sixers and Wizards all without Paul George, Kawhi and others.
That’s an insane stat. Managing that in less than a month without your best players, how is that even possible…

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s an insane stat. Managing that in less than a month without your best players, how is that even possible…
Proves how great a job Ty Lue has done with G Leaguers and backups/journeymen to play hard no matter how many they're down and to keep competing.