NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nets showed the difference in class between them and the Bulls today. No one beats a healthy Nets team for the title.
I still think the Bucks match up well against them in the East. Even with Kyrie I don't think they're a better overall team than the Warriors or Suns because they still have huge issues on D.

The Bulls have been great but they play a fast pace which suits the Nets. The Nets struggle against more physical teams. I'd like to see them against those teams in the finals though because it'd be a great series.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2-14 for Westbrook as the Lakers lose to Sacramento. Worst trade ever. Now they're trying to offload him and teams aren't interested. This is why you shouldn't let LeBron be GM. He's done this his whole career. Isaiah Thomas was the worst example.
it is hard to see from where a 5th ring for LeBron comes

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
it is hard to see from where a 5th ring for LeBron comes
It will never happen but I'd love for him to engineer his way back to Cleveland because they're much more well set up to win now and in the future than the Lakers are. If you somehow add LeBron to that Cavs team with Garland, Mobley, Allen etc they'd be tough to stop..

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will never happen but I'd love for him to engineer his way back to Cleveland because they're much more well set up to win now and in the future than the Lakers are. If you somehow add LeBron to that Cavs team with Garland, Mobley, Allen etc they'd be tough to stop..
agreed... but do the Cavs bring him back for a second time? hard to see

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
agreed... but do the Cavs bring him back for a second time? hard to see
Nah it won't happen. I think he's done with Dan Gilbert anyway. I think he wants to stay in L.A moreso for lifestyle and business etc. If he wanted to he could make it happen and have a legit shot at another ring.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nets showed the difference in class between them and the Bulls today. No one beats a healthy Nets team for the title.
If Middleton turns up for Milwaukee and Giannis dominates the interior then the Bucks can give the Nets a good run. If Philly had their shit together and got a good deal for Simmons then they could probably push the Nets to 6, but it all comes down to shooting because Nets will give up the paint in nearly every game.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it would be too early to count on Garland and Mobley in playoff games but it would be fun to see.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Sixers and Morey are still holding out and not trading Simmons because they refuse to lower their asking price.

Philly have wasted a season of Embiids prime because they're too stubborn to accept realistic offers. Now they say they still hope that Simmons will rejoin the team. Which will never happen.

Morey and Elton Brand are lucky to still have jobs with how they've fucked this whole situation up.
I reckon he ends up at Atlanta, the rumours going around saying it’ll be Simmons for Collins, Reddish and picks seems like it might be the best on the table. It’s underwhelming for the sixers but there is no way they can waste a whole year of Embiid.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think it would be too early to count on Garland and Mobley in playoff games but it would be fun to see.
If it ever happened they'd get a bunch of vets on the minimum to help with experience. Garland is tough and hits clutch shots. Mobley has a lot of poise for a rookie. He goes at his own pace and holds his own physically.. Allen has been a beast. The Nets and then Rockets are so dumb not to keep him. I've always loved him even when he was stuck behind DeAndre.

Like I said it won't happen but Bickerstaff should go close to coach of the year for the job he's done and the turnaround of that team.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
D rose

Just hope Morant doesn't blow out his legs like D rose. Think they are a lot more advanced with rehab and resting these days so he shouldn't. He is quickly becoming my favourite in the league.
It’s all in how he lands, he does seem controlled of his body when he is in the air. He will be the best of his class, Zion has already injured his knee, ankle and foot within the past 18 months, and he supposedly doesnt take care of his nutrition all that much either.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If it ever happened they'd get a bunch of vets on the minimum to help with experience. Garland is tough and hits clutch shots. Mobley has a lot of poise for a rookie. He goes at his own pace and holds his own physically.. Allen has been a beast. The Nets and then Rockets are so dumb not to keep him. I've always loved him even when he was stuck behind DeAndre.

Like I said it won't happen but Bickerstaff should go close to coach of the year for the job he's done and the turnaround of that team.
Allen was a stud for Brooklyn even when he was surrounded by shit, he is old school

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I reckon he ends up at Atlanta, the rumours going around saying it’ll be Simmons for Collins, Reddish and picks seems like it might be the best on the table. It’s underwhelming for the sixers but there is no way they can waste a whole year of Embiid.
I don't think they'll settle for that. Collins isn't a good fit with Embiid. They still wouldn't have a PG. I like Reddish but they can get more than that.

They should get Dejounte, Vassell and picks from the Spurs. I reckon Murray would be perfect for Philly. He's a similar player to Simmons in terms of a triple double threat and a great defender but he's also improved his shooting a tonne.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nuggets should tank... save Jokić, Murray and MPJ for next season

there is too big a difference in what the likes of Barron, Rivers, Green, Campazzo, Hyland etc. produce to make a dent this season

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think they'll settle for that. Collins isn't a good fit with Embiid. They still wouldn't have a PG. I like Reddish but they can get more than that.

They should get Dejounte, Vassell and picks from the Spurs. I reckon Murray would be perfect for Philly. He's a similar player to Simmons in terms of a triple double threat and a great defender but he's also improved his shooting a tonne.
Murray for Simmons would be a good fit for both teams. Spurs need a centre piece to build around and whilst Murray probably has more to his game at the moment, I still think Simmons has the higher upside if he is in the right system. Murray and Embiid would be a nightmare on defence if both play at their best.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If it wasn’t for playing restrictions, then Simmons for Irving would be a great great trade for both sides as well. Irving and Embiid would be so fun to watch

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
2 really bad games for the Bulls v nets and warriors. The effort hasn't been there

Lavine also left the court after 3 mins. Injured foot

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
2 really bad games for the Bulls v nets and warriors. The effort hasn't been there

Lavine also left the court after 3 mins. Injured foot
I wouldn't read too much into it. Lots of teams are slumping and generally do just before the All-Star break as they're all banged up. The Warriors have lost 4 of 6.. The Nets have been bad too.

I think all of those teams will click right back into gear after the All-Star break as they prepare for the playoff run.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Landale had his first start for the Spurs today and had a double double with 8 offensive boards. The other day he had 5 assists.

He does a little bit of everything. His shooting range and passing ability hopefully get him more minutes in the second half of the season.