NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So if he is 6'6 why isn't he working harder to get easier looks? I actually go for OKC, I watch every game. (I was a huge Russ fan, then obviously became a huge OKC fan).
Anyway, if he has a mismatch against most guards, why isn't he doing more to get closer to the rim? Why isn't he trying to draw fouls? There is a lot about his game that needs improving.
You appreciate his vision. You don't appreciate Ben's vision?
And Simmons was the 1st pick for a reason bro lol.
Of course there's a lot that needs improving. He's 19 and he's played less than 30 games. He's had a pretty good start to his career..

I've said over and over again how Simmons is a great passer and how talented he is. That's never been the question. His work ethic and desire are the issue. He still has the same flaws five years into his career.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Simmons has all time potential. If he applied himself enough and was able to become even a league average shooter than he would be a top 3 player in the game. His vision and playmaking along with his defensive and athleticism is otherworldly. But the red flags have been there since pre-draft, he downed tools at LSU because he didn't want to play college ball.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And I agree on the FT for Ben. I have always said he just needs to improve that. If he can become an 80% shooter, he will effectively get to the line a few more times per game and it will give him more confidence to attack the hole. He doesn’t need a 3, more does he need a mid range. It would be nice to have.
Simmons walked into the NBA as a top 25 player. I guess what frustrates everyone is that you can see he has the potential to be a legit top 5 player. Whilst FT and mid-range should be his first point of improvement, a player with his talent should be able to make at least 30% of his 3s. Considering how good his playmaking is with him being a poor shooter, imagine the chances he would create for his team if he was a capable shooter, it would open up the floor.

Other than athleticism, Simmons is better than Giannis in every other aspect, playmaking, defence etc, but Giannis has become a 2x MVP and Simmons has stagnated, and the major difference seems to be their desire to improve.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Of course there's a lot that needs improving. He's 19 and he's played less than 30 games. He's had a pretty good start to his career..

I've said over and over again how Simmons is a great passer and how talented he is. That's never been the question. His work ethic and desire are the issue. He still has the same flaws five years into his career.
Giddey reminds me of a first year Doncic, and through experience that guy can be a legit star in the league. He has a certain flair to his game that not many others have.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Giddey reminds me of a first year Doncic, and through experience that guy can be a legit star in the league. He has a certain flair to his game that not many others have.
Doncic has always had a lot more skill and shot making/scoring ability and always will but Giddey still has a lot of upside and definitely has a tonne of flair to his game.. He'll be an All-Star in a few years. I think they'll eventually trade Shai. Giddey will put up crazy numbers if they do.

Malla

Reaction score
Simmons walked into the NBA as a top 25 player. I guess what frustrates everyone is that you can see he has the potential to be a legit top 5 player. Whilst FT and mid-range should be his first point of improvement, a player with his talent should be able to make at least 30% of his 3s. Considering how good his playmaking is with him being a poor shooter, imagine the chances he would create for his team if he was a capable shooter, it would open up the floor.

Other than athleticism, Simmons is better than Giannis in every other aspect, playmaking, defence etc, but Giannis has become a 2x MVP and Simmons has stagnated, and the major difference seems to be their desire to improve.
Going to have to agree to disagree on Simmons. He doesn’t need a 3 point shot and I don’t think he will ever open up the floor. He needs players to open up the floor for him.
Yes defensively Simmons is the best in the league IMO. He’s one of the more elite play maker. I don’t think we can question his desire to improve as we don’t know what’s going on. He clearly wants out tho.

On Giddey. I don’t think he’s anything like Doncic. More like Rubio imo

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jock Landale had 13 pts, 8 boards (5 offensive), 3 assists and 1 stl on 5-7 shooting (1 3PT) in only 15 minutes against the Lakers today..

He was playing in the 1st quarter too. He's starting to flash his potential in limited minutes..

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jock Landale had 13 pts, 8 boards (5 offensive), 3 assists and 1 stl on 5-7 shooting (1 3PT) in only 15 minutes against the Lakers today..

He was playing in the 1st quarter too. He's starting to flash his potential in limited minutes..
Watched him in the NBL he used to piss me off when he played the Kings cause he was a machine hahaha. Great talent coming out of Aus.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doncic has always had a lot more skill and shot making/scoring ability and always will but Giddey still has a lot of upside and definitely has a tonne of flair to his game.. He'll be an All-Star in a few years. I think they'll eventually trade Shai. Giddey will put up crazy numbers if they do.
Doncic doesn’t know how to handle when he’s double teamed like Steph and LeBron and other superstars on their respective teams. BUT he is still young and can adapt his game to allow him to facilitate more for team mates. Once he learns this I believe that’s the difference from him being good to great

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Celtics lost a big lead in the 4th quarter against the Bucks. Would have been a nice win. They did the same against the Sixers a few games ago.

They've played way better since Brown came back, even with Horford and the whole bench missing with Covid. But they have to try and find a way to close out these games.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
The Celtics lost a big lead in the 4th quarter against the Bucks. Would have been a nice win. They did the same against the Sixers a few games ago.

They've played way better since Brown came back, even with Horford and the whole bench missing with Covid. But they have to try and find a way to close out these games.
I remember they were up by like 20-25 v the Bulls earlier in the year and lost that too

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I remember they were up by like 20-25 v the Bulls earlier in the year and lost that too
Tatum and Brown are great and can both hit tough shots but late in games both settle for too many jumpers and don't get to the bucket or the line often enough to help hold leads or close out games.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Pop is arguably the second best coach of all-time but he misused Patty Mills big time after seeing what he’s done this year for the Aussies and Nets.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pop is arguably the second best coach of all-time but he misused Patty Mills big time after seeing what he’s done this year for the Aussies and Nets.
The last few years he should have gotten more minutes a bigger role. I wish Patty signed somewhere he could have started and been one of the main options because he could easily average up to 25 a game if he had the opportunity to every game.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
wagner wwith an efficient 38 points, playing along side guys off the street, apparebtly not in ROY conversations

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
wagner wwith an efficient 38 points, playing along side guys off the street, apparebtly not in ROY conversations
Wagner has been really good this season. He's much better than I thought. Does a little bit of everything and has been shooting it well all season. He's been impressive.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lakers lose again... this time to the Grizzlies with Ja Morant hitting 41 points... currently, 17 and 19 for the season and 7th seed in the west... another triple double for Westbrook though :laughing:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
DeRozan hit a 3 at the buzzer to beat the Pacers. The Bulls are 1st in the East with that win. Coby White has had some big games lately too.

I knew they'd have a great season and said they'd win 50 plus games but they're even better than I thought. Billy Donovan is doing a great job again. He's an underrated coach.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LINK: Ten-time NBA winner dies, aged 88

:cry:

Basketball Hall of Famer Sam Jones, the Boston Celtics' “Mr. Clutch” whose sharp shooting fueled the league's longest dynasty and earned him 10 NBA titles — second only to teammate Bill Russell — has died, the team said. He was 88.

Jones died Thursday night in Florida, where he had been hospitalised in failing health, Celtics spokesman Jeff Twiss said.

“Sam Jones was one of the most talented, versatile, and clutch shooters for the most successful and dominant teams in NBA history," the team said in a statement.

“His scoring ability was so prolific, and his form so pure, that he earned the simple nickname, ‘The Shooter,’” the Celtics said. “The Jones family is in our thoughts as we mourn his loss and fondly remember the life and career of one of the greatest champions in American sports.”