NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Jimmy Butler cops nowhere near enough criticism compared to other superstars for how often he goes missing and how many open shots he turns down, often ones close to the basket.
Bro he just carried a team to the NBA Finals that had no right to be there & they are 1-1 in those Finals. He deserves no criticism.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Round of 16:

1. Milwaukee Bucks 1-4 8. Miami Heat
4. Cleveland Cavaliers 1-4 5. New York Knicks
2. Boston Celtics 4-2
7. Atlanta Hawks
3. Philadelphia 76ers 4-0 6. Brooklyn Nets
1. Denver Nuggets 4-1 8. Minnesota Timberwolves
4. Phoenix Suns 4-1 5. Los Angeles Clippers
2. Memphis Grizzlies 2-4 7. Los Angeles Lakers
3. Sacramento Kings 3-4 6. Golden State Warriors

Elite 8:

2. Boston Celtics 4-3 3. Philadelphia 76ers
5. New York Knicks 2-4 8. Miami Heat
1. Denver Nuggets 4-2
4. Phoenix Suns
6. Golden State Warriors 2-4 7. Los Angeles Lakers

Final 4:

2. Boston Celtics 3-4 8. Miami Heat
1. Denver Nuggets 4-0
7. Los Angeles Lakers

NBA Finals:

Denver Nuggets 1-1 Miami Heat

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bro he just carried a team to the NBA Finals that had no right to be there & they are 1-1 in those Finals. He deserves no criticism.
Caleb Martin was their best player in the conference finals. All of the undrafted players contribute and they're a great all round team. Obviously Butler has had massive games and he gets praised endlessly for those games. For games like in game 6 against the Celtics, game 1 in the finals and most of this game, he's too quiet, turns down way too many shots and deserves criticism.

Thankfully the Heat won to get back in the series. Today was another great all round effort with multiple guys chipping in which is why they are in the finals.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Caleb Martin was their best player in the conference finals. All of the undrafted players contribute and they're a great all round team. Obviously Butler has had massive games and he gets praised endlessly for those games. For games like in game 6 against the Celtics, game 1 in the finals and most of this game, he's too quiet, turns down way too many shots and deserves criticism.

Thankfully the Heat won to get back in the series. Today was another great all round effort with multiple guys chipping in which is why they are in the finals.
Replace Jimmy Butler with any other player in the NBA & Miami is not in the NBA Finals.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Replace Jimmy Butler with any other player in the NBA & Miami is not in the NBA Finals.
I don't know about that but I agree he's perfect for that team. His teammates also carry Butler and/or Bam more than other teammates could if they're two best players were doing nothing some games. That's down to their depth and coaching.

I'm just saying when he doesn't play as well, he deserves the same criticism that every other superstar gets. He deserves a tonne of praise when he gets 50 and 40 like he did earlier in the playoffs.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't know about that but I agree he's perfect for that team. His teammates also carry Butler and/or Bam more than other teammates could if they're two best players were doing nothing some games. That's down to their depth and coaching.

I'm just saying when he doesn't play as well, he deserves the same criticism that every other superstar gets. He deserves a tonne of praise when he gets 50 and 40 like he did earlier in the playoffs.
Mate other players have WAY better supporting casts and couldn't do it. Jimmy Butler's workrate, hustle & will to win got them there. Switch him with any other player & no chance they're in the Finals. He has inspired all his teammates to play at the level they're playing at.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mate other players have WAY better supporting casts and couldn't do it. Jimmy Butler's workrate, hustle & will to win got them there. Switch him with any other player & no chance they're in the Finals. He has inspired all his teammates to play at the level they're playing at.
I disagree. Their supporting cast is the best in the league. Multiple games the undrafted guys have had 70 or 80 combined in the playoffs. No other team almost wins game 6 like they nearly did with their two stars shooting 5-21 and 4-16 like Butler and Bam did.

If Tatum/Brown, Curry/Thompson, Jokic/Murray, Giannis/Middleton, KD/Booker etc both had games like that their teams would get blown out.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I disagree. Their supporting cast is the best in the league. Multiple games the undrafted guys have had 70 or 80 combined in the playoffs. No other team almost wins game 6 like they nearly did with their two stars shooting 5-21 and 4-16 like Butler and Bam did.

If Tatum/Brown, Curry/Thompson, Jokic/Murray, Giannis/Middleton, KD/Booker etc both had games like that their teams would get blown out.
They're that good because of the Butler effect.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly, they let him eat. But shut down everyone else. Bam was phenomenal today. Especially two big blocks in the 4th
He only got 4 assists.
if you can reduce his tally by 10 assists it’s the same as reducing the teams total by 20-30pts.
considering how elite Spoelstra is, I guarantee that was a game plan.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So I've tried watching this like I said I would but i can't get into it :/