NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Karl Anthony Towns!
Do you want him though? Defensive liability.. Injury prone. He's a great offensive talent but the Knicks have to be careful who they get and how it changes their nucleus as they have a good thing going..

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Do you want him though? Defensive liability.. Injury prone. He's a great offensive talent but the Knicks have to be careful who they get and how it changes their nucleus as they have a good thing going..
Nah i just splurged out a name lol. Towns is not a winner or a good playoff player. He got found out in the Grizzlies-Wolves series bad. I would be looking at SGA but he seems to want to ride it out for OKC for now

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did not realise. Boston are now the 3rd seed. That loss against Jazz was huge.

In March, Bostons record is .500 (5/5). The real concern is their defence. Their offensive numbers have remained relatively stable, 3p% is slightly down from Feb, but compared to Jan its better. It's a concern because you can't just flip a switch on defence and expect things to improve.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Celtics started the season shooting at a historic rate, it was always due to come down a bit, but it’s crazy how disorganized they look sometimes down the stretch.

I think they would benefit so much with a natural point guard. Someone to really bring find easy looks for their guys and to dictate tempo.

Their coach has made some puzzling decisions too.
Since November they have been on a slide, but I don't attribute to their shooting as much. I thinks defensive. They just can't hold teams to below 115 anymore. I've watched really average offenses put on clinics against this team. Smart is not the same. For a team that plays with 2 bigs when Time Lord is healthy, they look undersized. Horford gets abused most nights from the 4 and if he isn't hitting the corner he's useless.

Yeah coach is questionable. They definitely miss Udoka.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
The Bulls in the last 6 games have beaten the nuggets, rockets, wolves, heat and 76ers and should have also beaten the king.

Making a late charge. Little late though. If they do make the playoffs though they'll be a nuisance

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
How bout Harden playing 47 mins in a 2OT match vs the Bulls and scoring 5 points going for 2/14

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How bout Harden playing 47 mins in a 2OT match vs the Bulls and scoring 5 points going for 2/14
He’s always had this in his game and problem for Harden is it comes in important games.
I did not watch it but I suspect Beverley was all over him like a rash for 47 mins.

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulls in the last 6 games have beaten the nuggets, rockets, wolves, heat and 76ers and should have also beaten the king.

Making a late charge. Little late though. If they do make the playoffs though they'll be a nuisance
Bulls have found their groove. I want to see them in the playoffs. Sucks what Ball is going thru and how that impacts Bulls but Beverley is doing ok.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Since they got Pat Bev they've toughened up and gotten more into a playoff intensity. He can make an impact like that short term which helps the team more than his play or numbers suggest...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Like we've all said numerous times, that Wolves Gobert trade was as bad as it gets.. My guy Walker Kessler is providing more impact than Gobert by himself let alone all of the other players and picks..

These are their stats since the All-Star break

Kessler: 11.2 pts, 12.3 rebs, 3.8 blocks, 75% FG

Gobert: 16.4 pts, 10.8 rebs, 1.9 blocks, 64% FG..

Gobert is still effective and plays his role well, but he was never the type of player you give up that much for and was easily replaceable as Kessler has shown..

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Like we've all said numerous times, that Wolves Gobert trade was as bad as it gets.. My guy Walker Kessler is providing more impact than Gobert by himself let alone all of the other players and picks..

Gobert is still effective and plays his role well, but he was never the type of player you give up that much for and was easily replaceable as Kessler has shown..
I couldn't believe that the Wolves gave up 2 1sts for Gobert let alone what they did.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

This trade is top 3 worst in history. Forgetting all the picks that could turn into potential stars. It is the fact that they had arguably the best player 23 and under player in the league who was lethal at driving to the rim due to his athleticism, and they had him paired with the greatest ever shooting center who was all star level due to him being a mismatch on the perimeter for every other center, AND THEY DECIDED TO CLOG THE PAINT.

Suddenly Edwards doesn't have the driving lanes and KAT doesnt have the mismatchs he was able to create because now he is matching up with big wings who he cant keep up with.

They should explore a potential Murray for Gobert trade with the Hawks.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Since November they have been on a slide, but I don't attribute to their shooting as much. I thinks defensive. They just can't hold teams to below 115 anymore. I've watched really average offenses put on clinics against this team. Smart is not the same. For a team that plays with 2 bigs when Time Lord is healthy, they look undersized. Horford gets abused most nights from the 4 and if he isn't hitting the corner he's useless.

Yeah coach is questionable. They definitely miss Udoka.
They shoot way too many 3s. Tatum has regressed as a 3-point shooter in each of the past 4 seasons, and yet his volume has increased in each season. 34% on 9 attempts a game isnt great. Brown is 34% on 7.5 attempts. You can't be giving the ball up that many times each game, its a sign of being unable to generate good looks.

But thats on the coach, Joe Mazzulla makes no secret that he wants his team to throw up as many 3s as possible over midrange and attacking the basket. Fair enough, but you'll end up like the D'Antoni led Rockets of 2017/18 who became a one trick team.

But saying all that, I do think theyll make it to the conference finals because they have so much talent with Brown and Tatum. I think ultimately the Bucks will beat them and go on to win the finals though.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
My updated top 5 rankings on who I think can win the title this season:

1. Milwaukee Bucks
2. Phoenix Suns
3. Boston Celtics
4. Golden State Warriors
5. Philadelphia 76ers

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This trade is top 3 worst in history. Forgetting all the picks that could turn into potential stars. It is the fact that they had arguably the best player 23 and under player in the league who was lethal at driving to the rim due to his athleticism, and they had him paired with the greatest ever shooting center who was all star level due to him being a mismatch on the perimeter for every other center, AND THEY DECIDED TO CLOG THE PAINT.

Suddenly Edwards doesn't have the driving lanes and KAT doesnt have the mismatchs he was able to create because now he is matching up with big wings who he cant keep up with.

They should explore a potential Murray for Gobert trade with the Hawks.
They probably won't be able to get much, if anything for Gobert. No one wants him on that deal.

I never got the Dejounte trade for Atlanta and that hasn't worked either. He'd be perfect for Minny. But they wouldn't want Gobert when they have Capela and Okungwu.. KAT is the player most likely to be traded as he has more value, even after a few lost seasons through injury.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They shoot way too many 3s. Tatum has regressed as a 3-point shooter in each of the past 4 seasons, and yet his volume has increased in each season. 34% on 9 attempts a game isnt great. Brown is 34% on 7.5 attempts. You can't be giving the ball up that many times each game, its a sign of being unable to generate good looks.

But thats on the coach, Joe Mazzulla makes no secret that he wants his team to throw up as many 3s as possible over midrange and attacking the basket. Fair enough, but you'll end up like the D'Antoni led Rockets of 2017/18 who became a one trick team.

But saying all that, I do think theyll make it to the conference finals because they have so much talent with Brown and Tatum. I think ultimately the Bucks will beat them and go on to win the finals though.
As much as they're in a funk right now, they still have the 3rd best record in the league and are the only team in the league with a top 5 offense and a top 5 defence.. I still like our chances in a series against anyone in the league but Milwaukee.. If Williams can stay healthy and Brogdon plays more, then that could be the adjustments they need.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As much as they're in a funk right now, they still have the 3rd best record in the league and are the only team in the league with a top 5 offense and a top 5 defence.. I still like our chances in a series against anyone in the league but Milwaukee.. If Williams can stay healthy and Brogdon plays more, then that could be the adjustments they need.
If I was a betting man I’d have you second favourites. I’m not buying into Philly or Denver, and I need to see KD back first before I can put Phoenix there.

Boston have two elite wings and a deep team, that’s the best position to be in.

The Bucks are something else though, they have the best defender in the world in Giannis, the favourite for DPOY of the year in Brook Lopez and the best defensive guard in the league in Jrue. Good luck to any team trying to break that down in the playoffs.

I don’t think any team has the size or muscle to compete with them this year. Even with KD my Suns will get mauled in the paint.

Celtics if they had Robert Williams at full strength would have another option to throw in the mix but that doesn’t seem likely, and the Cavs would have the best big man duo to throw at the Bucks with Allen and Mobley, but even then it’s likely not going to be enough.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They probably won't be able to get much, if anything for Gobert. No one wants him on that deal.

I never got the Dejounte trade for Atlanta and that hasn't worked either. He'd be perfect for Minny. But they wouldn't want Gobert when they have Capela and Okungwu.. KAT is the player most likely to be traded as he has more value, even after a few lost seasons through injury.
You need an elite defensive guard next to Trae, and whilst Murray puts in an effort and comes up with a lot of steals, his defense is overrated.

I doubt there’s anything in the rumours, but if the rumors of Brown having doubts about Boston were true, he’d be the best fit next to Trae. (Not that I think Brown will leave Boston).