NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't think the Celtics would pull the trigger on that. Or if KD would want to go there. I know he was close to signing the year he signed with the Warriors, but since then he's talked a lot of shit about Boston and the Celtics..

It'd be by far the best offer they could get as Brown is the best player they've been offered as the centrepiece of a deal. And it'd be ironic as Brown and Tatum were drafted with the picks that Brooklyn traded to Boston for an ageing KG and Pierce..

Either way, I don't think KD will be traded for a few months yet unless a team comes up with a massive offer. The Gobert trade fucked the whole market because now teams are like "well, if he's worth 5 picks, then what are Mitchell or KD worth?"
If I'm Boston I 100% trade for KD if all I have to give up is Brown and picks. He could be the difference between a title or not.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If I'm Boston I 100% trade for KD if all I have to give up is Brown and picks. He could be the difference between a title or not.
He would have been the difference against Golden State.. We would have beat them for sure.. But I don't know that they'll do it. They might think that with Brogdon and Danillo on top of last year's team, they have enough.

I don't necessarily agree with it as I want banner #18 badly, but that's the way I think Stevens and co would see things.. It will be interesting to see what happens.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@B-Train

It was reported that Boston offered Brown, Derrick White and a 1st but the Nets wanted Smart and more picks as well. Even though it's only being reported now, supposedly these talks happened weeks ago and nothing seems close..

It will be interesting to see what happens but I don't think they'll pull the trigger. It seems like the Nets have leaked this to help get a bidding war going and to unsettle Brown to help them get the deal they want from the Celtics..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It was reported that Boston offered Brown, Derrick White and a 1st but the Nets wanted Smart and more picks as well. Even though it's only being reported now, supposedly these talks happened weeks ago and nothing seems close..

It will be interesting to see what happens but I don't think they'll pull the trigger. It seems like the Nets have leaked this to help get a bidding war going and to unsettle Brown to help them get the deal they want from the Celtics..
Yeah Brown is not happy.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Boston will take an L trading away the player who actually performed consistently during the Finals just for KD who would leave in the next couple of seasons unlike JB most likely.

Malla

Reaction score
Boston will take an L trading away the player who actually performed consistently during the Finals just for KD who would leave in the next couple of seasons unlike JB most likely.
4 years left on KD's contract. Low risk, if he wants out, you can trade for an asset/draft capital.

Malla

Reaction score

I get why they would not have included Smart but man I would have pulled the trigger on that.

Time Lord
Al (if he comes back?)
KD
Tatum
Brogdon

Defensively they don't lose their identity with Brogdon, Williams and Al. Offensively they get better with the addition of KD and Brogdon into starting team.

They will obviously need to fill the holes on their bench but I expect Pritchard to take another leap next year, Williams and Gallinari. Still a great bench.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I get why they would not have included Smart but man I would have pulled the trigger on that.

Time Lord
Al (if he comes back?)
KD
Tatum
Brogdon

Defensively they don't lose their identity with Brogdon, Williams and Al. Offensively they get better with the addition of KD and Brogdon into starting team.

They will obviously need to fill the holes on their bench but I expect Pritchard to take another leap next year, Williams and Gallinari. Still a great bench.
The reason I don't think they'd do it is their bench was bad enough as it was. It was the main reason they lost in the finals. You do that trade for KD, now there's zero depth.

KD has only played 90 games the last two seasons. Brogdon is pretty injury prone. As is Timelord. Tatum can't start at shooting guard, so they'd need another starting guard to go with Brodgon.

Trading for KD sounds good in theory but for those reasons I think they stick with what they've got. Their thinking will be, we were up 2-1 in the finals and up in the 4th quarter of game 4 and just added Brogdon and Danillo to the same team. It'd be very risky to blow it up for KD.

Malla

Reaction score
The reason I don't think they'd do it is their bench was bad enough as it was. It was the main reason they lost in the finals. You do that trade for KD, now there's zero depth.

KD has only played 90 games the last two seasons. Brogdon is pretty injury prone. As is Timelord. Tatum can't start at shooting guard, so they'd need another starting guard to go with Brodgon.

Trading for KD sounds good in theory but for those reasons I think they stick with what they've got. Their thinking will be, we were up 2-1 in the finals and up in the 4th quarter of game 4 and just added Brogdon and Danillo to the same team. It'd be very risky to blow it up for KD.
Given KD has 4 years i think its a low risk trade. You can run it for 1-2 seasons then still flip KD for assets and still be championship level.

I would not consider it blowing it up tbh as you still have Tatum who is the cornerstone guy.

Tatum and KD as a duo would be so sick.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Given KD has 4 years i think its a low risk trade. You can run it for 1-2 seasons then still flip KD for assets and still be championship level.

I would not consider it blowing it up tbh as you still have Tatum who is the cornerstone guy.

Tatum and KD as a duo would be so sick.
It'd be fun to see but even with KD, come playoff time they'd miss having depth and a bench and it could come back to hurt them.

I don't think this deal gets done. The ones that get leaked rarely go ahead. I think we'll hear plenty more rumours over the next few months as I doubt the Nets get a deal done anytime soon. I think the Nets leaked this story to start a bidding war.

Malla

Reaction score
It'd be fun to see but even with KD, come playoff time they'd miss having depth and a bench and it could come back to hurt them.

I don't think this deal gets done. The ones that get leaked rarely go ahead. I think we'll hear plenty more rumours over the next few months as I doubt the Nets get a deal done anytime soon. I think the Nets leaked this story to start a bidding war.
Yeah me either. Windy said that the deal was on the table a few weeks ago when KD initially 'asked' for a trade yet it's being reported as news now. There has been no traction. I just think the impact now this has on JB might be to the detriment of the team. Hopefully it doesn't.

Starting to think KD and Kyrie has been playing the media the last month. They been working out together in LA all week apparently. I reckon given their relationship with the media they're literally having a laugh about all this lol.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
RIP to one of the all-time greats Bill Russell..

11 championships in 13 years. The last one as a player/coach. He was a trailblazer for the black community.. He was a great ambassador for the league. One of the greatest defensive players ever and the greatest ever Celtic.. Basketball lost a true icon and legend but his legacy will live on forever..

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah but we are REALLY trying to finish with the worst record to give that shit a shake

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Why do i follow the Knicks…

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Cavs are stacked.. A starting 5 of Garland, Mitchell, Levert, Mobley and Allen is very impressive. They still have Love and Rubio on the bench. The East is loaded right now..