NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Malla

Reaction score
Would be good for the Suns as opposed to losing Ayton for nothing as it looks like he won't be back and he could just sign with the Pacers outright.

Turner is a great shot blocker and can shoot and space the floor, but he's not a lob threat on the pick and roll like Ayton is.
Dont think it matters offensively. His defence is what Suns need. Need an anchor and a rim protector. Luka and Brunson were getting anything they wanted @ the rim in the conference semi's last year.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dont think it matters offensively. His defence is what Suns need. Need an anchor and a rim protector. Luka and Brunson were getting anything they wanted @ the rim in the conference semi's last year.
Only problem with Turner is he misses a lot of games and isn't a great rebounder. I agree they need more of a presence inside defensively.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It seems Donovan to the Knicks is all but happening. We finally land a superstar in NY hopefully. A backcourt of Brunson and Mitchell is deadly with hopefully Barrett and Randle still staying after trades occur.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Deandre Ayton to Indiana if the Suns don't match

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It seems Donovan to the Knicks is all but happening. We finally land a superstar in NY hopefully. A backcourt of Brunson and Mitchell is deadly with hopefully Barrett and Randle still staying after trades occur.
Even if you get Mitchell, you'll be a similar team to what Utah were and not a threat to do anything deep in the playoffs. I think the Knicks would be dumb to trade away 5-6 1sts, pick swaps and young players for a guy that's not going to help them contend.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With the Suns matching to keep Ayton, they can't use him in a trade til mid January at the earliest. So that makes the Suns trading for KD even more unlikely.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Has anyone been watching the Asian Cup? Australia look too good with their 4th string team. Lebanon with a great win over the Kiwis who I thought were the second best team.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Has anyone been watching the Asian Cup? Australia look too good with their 4th string team. Lebanon with a great win over the Kiwis who I thought were the second best team.
I watched a bit the other day when Australia played Jordan and were beating them by 30 with most guys I've never heard of. Haven't seen much else.

NZ have been on a massive decline since the Pero Cameron/Kirk Penny etc teams so it doesn't surprise me that they're doing poorly. It's a shame as the NZBL is a solid league and they used to be really strong Internationally.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Yeah man was cheering hard hahahah

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lebanon just beat China to make the semis!

Australia vs Japan for a spot in the semis.

Games are on espn.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Australia vs Lebanon in the Final!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Australia wins 75-73.

Champions = Australia
Second = Lebanon
Third = New Zealand

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
@B-Train

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@B-Train

I don't think the Celtics would pull the trigger on that. Or if KD would want to go there. I know he was close to signing the year he signed with the Warriors, but since then he's talked a lot of shit about Boston and the Celtics..

It'd be by far the best offer they could get as Brown is the best player they've been offered as the centrepiece of a deal. And it'd be ironic as Brown and Tatum were drafted with the picks that Brooklyn traded to Boston for an ageing KG and Pierce..

Either way, I don't think KD will be traded for a few months yet unless a team comes up with a massive offer. The Gobert trade fucked the whole market because now teams are like "well, if he's worth 5 picks, then what are Mitchell or KD worth?"