NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Chet Holmgrem dominating in the summer league. 18 points & 4/5 from 3 at halftime.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Josh Giddey looks like he's gone up a level. Playing with so much confidence.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Chet Holmgrem dominating in the summer league. 18 points & 4/5 from 3 at halftime.
I think he's the best player in the draft. The weight concerns are stupid when he can shoot and handle like he can at his size. Plus he blocks shots better than almost anyone. He's a true unicorn and I think the Thunder is the best place for him. He and Giddey will be a great duo for years to come.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Josh Giddey looks like he's gone up a level. Playing with so much confidence.
He was dominating towards the end of last season getting triple doubles or flirting with them regularly. He'll be so much better and more consistent this season.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think he's the best player in the draft. The weight concerns are stupid when he can shoot and handle like he can at his size. Plus he blocks shots better than almost anyone. He's a true unicorn and I think the Thunder is the best place for him. He and Giddey will be a great duo for years to come.
He needs to add weight though and will. Also he needs to stop thinking that he's a PG and give up the ball earlier. Looks like a good player though.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He needs to add weight though and will. Also he needs to stop thinking that he's a PG and give up the ball earlier. Looks like a good player though.
They said the same about KD though with his weight. Chet will fill out a bit and develop strength over time but he'll always be thin and that's fine as he's more of a perimeter player offensively. Him handling the ball is part of his game. I love that he can do that as it makes him harder to guard for other bigs. He's going to be fun to watch this season.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They said the same about KD though with his weight. Chet will fill out a bit and develop strength over time but he'll always be thin and that's fine as he's more of a perimeter player offensively. Him handling the ball is part of his game. I love that he can do that as it makes him harder to guard for other bigs. He's going to be fun to watch this season.
KD was a SG/SF so the weight is different and he did add a lot of weight anyway.

He has looked shaky when he's dribbling the ball at times. He will get destroyed in the NBA if he doesn't improve there. You don't need to guard him with a big when he's that skinny.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The Australian team for the 2023 World Cup will be the most talented team we've ever had if we're at full strength. Potential team:

Jock Landale
Ben Simmons
Matisse Thybulle
Josh Giddey
Patty Mills

Joe Ingles
Aron Baynes
Xavier Cooks
Dante Exum
Chris Goulding
Dyson Daniels
Thon Maker
Nick Kay

Will be a legit Silver Medal contender.

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Chet Holmgrem = 23 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 6 blocks & 1 steal.

Josh Giddey = 14 points, 5 rebounds, 11 assists, 2 blocks & 2 steals.

Games are 40 minutes not the NBA 48 minutes.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Australian team for the 2023 World Cup will be the most talented team we've ever had if we're at full strength. Potential team:

Jock Landale
Ben Simmons
Matisse Thybulle
Josh Giddey
Patty Mills

Joe Ingles
Aron Baynes
Xavier Cooks
Dante Exum
Chris Goulding
Dyson Daniels
Nick Kay

Will be a legit Silver Medal contender.
Simmons hasn't played for Australia yet so until he commits to the team and suits up, I don't consider him an option. We won bronze without him though and the team still looks great either way as you're adding Giddey, Cooks and Daniels to a bronze medal team. It'd be nice if Simmons played for once but it doesn't seem to be a priority for him.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Best prospect so far is Keegan Murray. Others have been good but inefficient but Murray been great all round. Kings finally getting some luck together. Great off season for them.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
nah Paolo has everything. he's big, passing has been absurd at time, got post moves, can get to the line, can hit the 3 decently enough and his defence has been better than what people were worried about. WCJ and franz are gonna FEAST

Ivey and Cade will be fun also

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
nah Paolo has everything. he's big, passing has been absurd at time, got post moves, can get to the line, can hit the 3 decently enough and his defence has been better than what people were worried about. WCJ and franz are gonna FEAST

Banchero is definitely the most NBA ready now. His passing is impressive. His shot is nice. He's a man-child physically..

Chet looks good. Will be more inconsistent but the way he blocks shots and moves defensively is impressive to go with his shooting ability..

Jabari Smith will be good eventually but he looks more raw right now. Defensively he'll be very strong but offensively he'll take time.

Ivey looks as explosive as advertised. With his size and athleticism, he'll be a problem for other guards. Their back court is set for a while with Cade and Ivey..

Murray is a good all round player. Has a smooth shot.. Mathurin looks pretty good and athletic. He doesn't hesitate to shoot and will get a lot of minutes with Indiana..

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Inefficiency and Turnovers are a problem though. I still think Murray has shown to be the best prospect so far but Paolo a very close second.

Last edited:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Banchero is definitely the most NBA ready now. His passing is impressive. His shot is nice. He's a man-child physically..

Chet looks good. Will be more inconsistent but the way he blocks shots and moves defensively is impressive to go with his shooting ability..

Jabari Smith will be good eventually but he looks more raw right now. Defensively he'll be very strong but offensively he'll take time.

Ivey looks as explosive as advertised. With his size and athleticism, he'll be a problem for other guards. Their back court is set for a while with Cade and Ivey..

Murray is a good all round player. Has a smooth shot.. Mathurin looks pretty good and athletic. He doesn't hesitate to shoot and will get a lot of minutes with Indiana..
Another player who impressed me was Jericho Sims from the Knicks, has incredible bounce and a defensive mindset. I knew of him but yet again he never really cracked the Thibs rotation till we had injuries so i saw little. We resigned him on a 3 year guaranteed deal. Him and Mitch Rob as a rotation along with Hartenstein in the mix is great long term. With Gibson gone along with Noel, i see him cracking the rotation with maybe a possible breakout season. Reminds me of a Jarret Allen alot.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Another player who impressed me was Jericho Sims from the Knicks, has incredible bounce and a defensive mindset. I knew of him but yet again he never really cracked the Thibs rotation till we had injuries so i saw little. We resigned him on a 3 year guaranteed deal. Him and Mitch Rob as a rotation along with Hartenstein in the mix is great long term. With Gibson gone along with Noel, i see him cracking the rotation with maybe a possible breakout season. Reminds me of a Jarret Allen alot.
Sims is crazy athletic and showed flashes last season but he's buried behind Robinson and Hartenstein unless one of them is injured. Hartenstein will definitely be the backup. I've always liked Hartenstein. Think he's underrated. He's a great passer, really efficient, is athletic enough and blocks shots well. I was hoping the Celtics signed him..

Malla

Reaction score
Ayton to Suns in a sign and trade for Turner?

That would be great for Suns.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Turners a tad overrated imo but i still think its a Win for the Suns.

Malla

Reaction score
Turners a tad overrated imo but i still think its a Win for the Suns.
That's more to do with his role being reduced at Pacers since Carlisle took over. He's still a good player. Stretch 4/5. Great anchor in your defence, genuine shot blocker and can get up and down the court - pretty much exactly what Suns need as opposed to Ayton.

See what happens though, I think Pacers might go all in for Mitchell.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Would be good for the Suns as opposed to losing Ayton for nothing as it looks like he won't be back and he could just sign with the Pacers outright.

Turner is a great shot blocker and can shoot and space the floor, but he's not a lob threat on the pick and roll like Ayton is.