NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Malla

Reaction score
Even if he has reached his ceiling (I don't think he has), you'd take 20, 8 and 8 with All-NBA level defence, crazy speed and athleticism as a ceiling. 3 picks is a lot, but only one of those was theirs and I think Murray is worth it.

The only part that I don't like about the Spurs side is that they only got one Pick in the next 2 drafts and that is top 16 protected.. So they might not get any picks til 2025. That's a long, long term rebuild..
He reached his ceiling on this team, you may see a better more developed version at Hawks because he has to do less, but on this Spurs team I dont think you see a better Murray. I think Spurs factored in what's left on Murrays contract, and this was their best opportunity to trade high with as many draft picks that they can get. I don't think Murray re-signs with Spurs and I dont think Spurs were going to sign any big free agents. Last one they got was Aldridge and that was a huge fail.

This is who the Spurs are. They build through drafting and developing talent.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Mo Bamba is an unrestricted free agent now.. People might laugh but he was actually pretty good last season and has bulked up a lot. He can shoot 3s really well and is a great shot blocker. He could make a big impact on the right team and wouldn't cost a tonne.. He'd be perfect for a team like the Bulls or Raptors that need a Centre and rim protection badly.
If Mitch Rob doesnt resign, i would love to have him.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I wouldn't say Randle is a star.. He's a solid player but he's a ball hog who takes a lot of bad/contested shots and is easy to guard in the playoffs when teams load up on him..

Toppin needs to get more minutes as he runs the floor more and they can play faster with him and Quickley etc..

The Knicks need to re-sign Mitchell Robinson, get Brunson and get a lot more shooting and try and play faster..

But Thibs loves a slow, grind it out style and will probably play his starters 44 minutes a game all season again..
I would not care if we traded Randle tbh and i agree on your take. Its so interesting what the knicks are doing right now, i don’t hate it because the fact is we dont know what Brunson will officially get in terms of money so it might not be what has been said and we get a player who averaged 16 whilst playing next to one of the most ball dominant players in the league.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He reached his ceiling on this team, you may see a better more developed version at Hawks because he has to do less, but on this Spurs team I dont think you see a better Murray. I think Spurs factored in what's left on Murrays contract, and this was their best opportunity to trade high with as many draft picks that they can get. I don't think Murray re-signs with Spurs and I dont think Spurs were going to sign any big free agents. Last one they got was Aldridge and that was a huge fail.

This is who the Spurs are. They build through drafting and developing talent.
Yeah you're right, they were never going to give him a max contract and decided to cash out now. Just think they could have gotten better picks from a team that projects to be out of the playoffs. But they always draft well..

They project to be a bottom 5 team in the league next year now so they're obviously tanking for a high 23 pick and that draft should be deeper than this year's..

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would not care if we traded Randle tbh and i agree on your take. Its so interesting what the knicks are doing right now, i don’t hate it because the fact is we dont know what Brunson will officially get in terms of money so it might not be what has been said and we get a player who averaged 16 whilst playing next to one of the most ball dominant players in the league.
Brunson showed what he can do in the playoffs when Luka was injured. I think he had a game with 40 and another with 30 against the Jazz. He can play and is a good defender. But he's not worth the money he'll get from the Knicks. As usual they have to overpay to get anyone because everyone hates Dolan and they rarely make the playoffs. Thibs isn't the most appealing coach to play for either because every player knows that he'll run you into the ground, play you too many minutes and risk injuries or shortern your career..

The Knicks have lots of good young talent with Quickley, Robinson, Toppin, Barrett and Grimes etc. They just need to play them more.. But Thibs loves playing vets.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Brunson showed what he can do in the playoffs when Luka was injured. I think he had a game with 40 and another with 30 against the Jazz. He can play and is a good defender. But he's not worth the money he'll get from the Knicks. As usual they have to overpay to get anyone because everyone hates Dolan and they rarely make the playoffs. Thibs isn't the most appealing coach to play for either because every player knows that he'll run you into the ground, play you too many minutes and risk injuries or shortern your career..

The Knicks have lots of good young talent with Quickley, Robinson, Toppin, Barrett and Grimes etc. They just need to play them more.. But Thibs loves playing vets.
Only Vets we have now are Randle, Rose, Gibson (who i think will be waived) and Fournier. Fournier is a vet but he don’t play defense so he doesn’t really chew up minutes at all for our youngins because Thibs hates you if u dont play the one good thing he is good at coaching. Defense. I believe quickley can make a similar turn out to be like a maxey with better playmaking if he gets the keys next to brunson at sg over Fournier.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We made top 4 in the east with Elfrid Payton as our starting pg in 2020-21.
What does 2020-2021 have to do with 2022-2023? Literally nothing.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
RJ Barret?, Julius Randle is a Star, just had one badish season with some mental difficulties that hopefully have cleared and he can go back to his best.
They aren't stars. Neither is good enough to be the number 1 option on a championship team.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Murray traded to the Hawks for Danillo Gallinari and multiple picks. Spurs could of asked for so much more but W for the hawks.
Spurs weren't going to get more than 3 unconditional firsts for Murray.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Miles Bridges was arrested and bailed for domestic assault.. That's not an ideal situation when you're seeking a max contract a day from free agency opening..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I’m saying shitter players have made us to the top 4 in the east previously so ur comment isnt very credible.
Other teams have improved since then. You know you wont be playing against the teams from 2020?

Celtics, Heat, Bucks, Nets, 76ers, Bulls, Raptors & Hawks are all still better.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Other teams have improved since then. You know you wont be playing against the teams from 2020?

Celtics, Heat, Bucks, Nets, 76ers, Bulls, Raptors & Hawks are all still better.
Ok? Elfrid Payton is one of the worst players in the nba so if we made it top 4 east 2020 than i’m sure we can definitely make it this year if we tried enough.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Knicks will be lucky to finish 8th even with Brunson..

The top teams in the East (in no order) will be Milwaukee, Miami, Boston, Philly, Brooklyn, Toronto, Chicago, Cleveland, Atlanta, Charlotte and then the bottom 5 of New York, Washington, Indiana, Orlando and Detroit who will all improve and be better but find it hard to make up too much ground.

The East is more competitive top to bottom so I don't see the Knicks making up much ground in the win column.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
KD has requested a trade on the day free agency starts. Let the madness begin..

I don't blame him for wanting to get as far away as possible from Kyrie's crazy ass...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
KD to the suns? Would be epic
What can they give up though? They won't/can't give up Booker..

Ayton in a sign and trade with Cam Johnson, Bridges and picks isn't enough probably.