NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's good to see Pop finally play Jock Landale. He had 8 and 5 in 14 minutes today. He's been the first big off the bench the last few games and had 7 points in 11 minutes a few days ago. With the Spurs focusing on development, Landale should keep getting more minutes.

Malla

Reaction score
Case in point yesterday Boston lacking any ounce of defence inside. Trash

Malla

Reaction score
How is Simmons offensive game way behind? I don’t understand why everyone thinks he needs to shoot a 3? Even a mid-range? When has he ever? Only thing I would hope he improves is his FTs - that impacts his ability and confidence to finish around the cup. Other than that he is an elite creater, exceptional passer, probably the best in the league on the fast break and I think he had the most points off a turnover last couple years. His offensive game is elite.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Case in point yesterday Boston lacking any ounce of defence inside. Trash
Al Horford and Robert Williams didn't play. It's hard to defend Embiid without your two best centres. The only centres left on the roster were Enes Kanter/Freedom and Bruno Fernando. The Celtics still almost won but threw the game away in the last few minutes.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How is Simmons offensive game way behind? I don’t understand why everyone thinks he needs to shoot a 3? Even a mid-range? When has he ever? Only thing I would hope he improves is his FTs - that impacts his ability and confidence to finish around the cup. Other than that he is an elite creater, exceptional passer, probably the best in the league on the fast break and I think he had the most points off a turnover last couple years. His offensive game is elite.
He needs to shoot more period. Jumpers will help open up driving lanes for him. But even if he didn't shoot any jumpers he needs to shoot 20 shots a game even if they're all around the paint.

You can't be an elite offensive player when you only average 14 points, 7 assists and shoot 55% FTs as a guard. If he was more aggressive and averaged 20, 8 and 9 like he should, then he'd be elite. Maybe we see that version of Simmons when he's traded. Time will tell.

Malla

Reaction score
He needs to shoot more period. Jumpers will help open up driving lanes for him. But even if he didn't shoot any jumpers he needs to shoot 20 shots a game even if they're all around the paint.

You can't be an elite offensive player when you only average 14 points, 7 assists and shoot 55% FTs as a guard. If he was more aggressive and averaged 20, 8 and 9 like he should, then he'd be elite. Maybe we see that version of Simmons when he's traded. Time will tell.
I disagree entirely.
His best season (2019) where he was surrounded by better shooters and had a ball handler with him he averaged 17 points off 55% FG. He was taking 13 shots a game which I think is his sweet spot but the biggest issue then was his FTs - only went to the line 5 times a game and shot 60%. He fixes that he averages 20 points a game without needing to ‘shoot the 3’ or the midrange. He averages 8 assists which is ELITE compared to PGs in the league.
I agree that we may see his upside when he leaves because this Philly team is clearly built around Embiid which doesn’t help Ben.
Also to put Giddey above Simmons is a joke. Don’t ever do that again lol

Malla

Reaction score
Al Horford and Robert Williams didn't play. It's hard to defend Embiid without your two best centres. The only centres left on the roster were Enes Kanter/Freedom and Bruno Fernando. The Celtics still almost won but threw the game away in the last few minutes.
That’s the problem dude. Williams is a bench centre at best and old ass Horford (listed as a PF) gets crossed over in a phone booth. Boston address the middle, they’re a top 4 east team. Brown for Simmons makes them way better after watching the game yesterday - just my opinion

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I disagree entirely.
His best season (2019) where he was surrounded by better shooters and had a ball handler with him he averaged 17 points off 55% FG. He was taking 13 shots a game which I think is his sweet spot but the biggest issue then was his FTs - only went to the line 5 times a game and shot 60%. He fixes that he averages 20 points a game without needing to ‘shoot the 3’ or the midrange. He averages 8 assists which is ELITE compared to PGs in the league.
I agree that we may see his upside when he leaves because this Philly team is clearly built around Embiid which doesn’t help Ben.
Also to put Giddey above Simmons is a joke. Don’t ever do that again lol
The problem is he's regressed since then and hasn't improved his game. If he got traded to a team where he was the focal point and had lots of shooters around him, then we could see him shine. He never handled the expectations of playing on a title contender or sharing the spotlight with Embiid well.

Giddey is nowhere near the athlete or physical specimen that Simmons is, but he's a better all round offensive player. Don't downplay what he's doing. The numbers he's putting up as a 19 year old rookie are insane. He's flirting with a triple double every night. Simmons did that his first year too, but Giddey is already a better shooter as well as getting the same amount of rebounds and assists that Simmons can.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That’s the problem dude. Williams is a bench centre at best and old ass Horford (listed as a PF) gets crossed over in a phone booth. Boston address the middle, they’re a top 4 east team. Brown for Simmons makes them way better after watching the game yesterday - just my opinion
Simmons would be a great fit but Brown is a better player and worth far more. From all reports they're not trading Tatum or Brown even if it will be hard to improve the team too much without trading one of them.

I'm happy enough with Robert Williams as a starter. He just needs to stay healthy. If they can trade Schroeder and Smart for someone semi decent at PG, then that will be a start. If we had someone like Lonzo we'd be much better. They fucked up by not getting a better PG in the offseason.

Malla

Reaction score
The problem is he's regressed since then and hasn't improved his game. If he got traded to a team where he was the focal point and had lots of shooters around him, then we could see him shine. He never handled the expectations of playing on a title contender or sharing the spotlight with Embiid well.

Giddey is nowhere near the athlete or physical specimen that Simmons is, but he's a better all round offensive player. Don't downplay what he's doing. The numbers he's putting up as a 19 year old rookie are insane. He's flirting with a triple double every night. Simmons did that his first year too, but Giddey is already a better shooter as well as getting the same amount of rebounds and assists that Simmons can.
He hasn't regressed. The Philly team has regressed.
They had Butler, JJ Reddick, TJ McConnell and Shamet - they replaced them with nobody. Lost them all to FA's, doubled down on Tobias Harris and gave him a max (he is not a max player). I think Shamet may have been traded, but either way he was a huge loss. They went and signed Al Horford and Dwight Howard who for the life of me I don't know what benefit you were going to get playing Embiid and Horford starting front court with Simmons at your PG - that line up was funky af and was never going to work. These changes around Simmons impacted his game, he did not regress, the team regressed. What he wasn't doing in 2020, he wasn't doing in 2018, but it's more glorified because players he had doing what he didn't do were gone.

Giddey is playing on a trash team in a small market getting empty stats. He will continue to put up numbers. Compared to Simmons who took his Philly team to the Conference Semi's and they finished with a .624 record AND he was rookie of the year.

You need to stop caring so much about shooting. Not all players need to be great shooters. However, Giddey is a sub-par shooter anyway. He is shooting 39.4% from the field and 25% from 3. Also his FT% is 63% which is as bad as Simmons. He is not a good shooter.

Malla

Reaction score
Simmons would be a great fit but Brown is a better player and worth far more. From all reports they're not trading Tatum or Brown even if it will be hard to improve the team too much without trading one of them.

I'm happy enough with Robert Williams as a starter. He just needs to stay healthy. If they can trade Schroeder and Smart for someone semi decent at PG, then that will be a start. If we had someone like Lonzo we'd be much better. They fucked up by not getting a better PG in the offseason.
Yeah Lonzo was an FA and Celtics didn't even show interest in him. He would have been great.

Well they got a PG - he's just shit house lol Denis Schroder

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He hasn't regressed. The Philly team has regressed.
They had Butler, JJ Reddick, TJ McConnell and Shamet - they replaced them with nobody. Lost them all to FA's, doubled down on Tobias Harris and gave him a max (he is not a max player). I think Shamet may have been traded, but either way he was a huge loss. They went and signed Al Horford and Dwight Howard who for the life of me I don't know what benefit you were going to get playing Embiid and Horford starting front court with Simmons at your PG - that line up was funky af and was never going to work. These changes around Simmons impacted his game, he did not regress, the team regressed. What he wasn't doing in 2020, he wasn't doing in 2018, but it's more glorified because players he had doing what he didn't do were gone.

Giddey is playing on a trash team in a small market getting empty stats. He will continue to put up numbers. Compared to Simmons who took his Philly team to the Conference Semi's and they finished with a .624 record AND he was rookie of the year.

You need to stop caring so much about shooting. Not all players need to be great shooters. However, Giddey is a sub-par shooter anyway. He is shooting 39.4% from the field and 25% from 3. Also his FT% is 63% which is as bad as Simmons. He is not a good shooter.
He hasn't improved his shooting or FTs.in five seasons. I can't stand players who don't work on their games and don't have drive or a great work ethic and that make excuses. I loved Simmons coming through at LSU and his first few years but he's turned me off with his shitty attitude and diva antics.

I never said Giddey was a good shooter. But he's better than Simmons. At least he takes them and has improved a lot from last year with the 36ers in the NBL. It shows he's willing to work on that part of his game and isn't scared to shoot them despite being an average shooter which is half the battle. He'll improve on that a lot and will be an All-Star down the road.

I want Simmons to do well. I'm just sick of his bullshit. He has the talent to be a top 5 player but he needs pull his finger out and look in the mirror because after he's traded he'll have no more excuses and he needs to ball out.

Malla

Reaction score
He hasn't improved his shooting or FTs.in five seasons. I can't stand players who don't work on their games and don't have drive or a great work ethic and that make excuses. I loved Simmons coming through at LSU and his first few years but he's turned me off with his shitty attitude and diva antics.

I never said Giddey was a good shooter. But he's better than Simmons. At least he takes them and has improved a lot from last year with the 36ers in the NBL. It shows he's willing to work on that part of his game and isn't scared to shoot them despite being an average shooter which is half the battle. He'll improve on that a lot and will be an All-Star down the road.

I want Simmons to do well. I'm just sick of his bullshit. He has the talent to be a top 5 player but he needs pull his finger out and look in the mirror because after he's traded he'll have no more excuses and he needs to ball out.
You said Giddey is a better shooter than Simmons. Firstly The numbers don’t support that and secondly it doesn’t matter because Giddey is a terrible shooter too.

Malla

Reaction score
And I agree on the FT for Ben. I have always said he just needs to improve that. If he can become an 80% shooter, he will effectively get to the line a few more times per game and it will give him more confidence to attack the hole. He doesn’t need a 3, more does he need a mid range. It would be nice to have.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You said Giddey is a better shooter than Simmons. Firstly The numbers don’t support that and secondly it doesn’t matter because Giddey is a terrible shooter too.
He is a better shooter because he's making multiple 3s a game. Every rookie guards percentages are horrible the first few months. Look at how bad Jalen Suggs, Jalen Green and Cade Cunningham's shooting percentages are.

Giddeys shooting percentages will look a lot better at the end of the year. Giddey will never be a great or pure shooter but he'll be good enough to keep defences honest.

Just attempting shots keeps defences honest. Even if you're a bad shooter. Giannis has proved that. Look at the improvement Lonzo and LaMelo have made with their shooting which has helped their game.. Simmons needs to realise that missing an 18 footer isn't the end of the world and prevents teams from sagging off him by 5 feet and packing the paint against him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is a better shooter because he's making multiple 3s a game. Every rookie guards percentages are horrible the first few months. Look at how bad Jalen Suggs, Jalen Green and Cade Cunningham's shooting percentages are.

Giddeys shooting percentages will look a lot better at the end of the year. Giddey will never be a great or pure shooter but he'll be good enough to keep defences honest.

Just attempting shots keeps defences honest. Even if you're a bad shooter. Giannis has proved that. Look at the improvement Lonzo and LaMelo have made with their shooting which has helped their game.. Simmons needs to realise that missing an 18 footer isn't the end of the world and prevents teams from sagging off him by 5 feet and packing the paint against him.
@Malla Simmons FG% is higher because he only attempts shots inside the paint and never shoots jumpers. Half of Giddeys attempts are jump shots which brings his FG% down. Like any rookie, Giddeys FG% will increase later in the season and his jump shot will improve in the next few years. I don't know what's so irrational about these comments.

Malla

Reaction score
@Malla Simmons FG% is higher because he only attempts shots inside the paint and never shoots jumpers. Half of Giddeys attempts are jump shots which brings his FG% down. Like any rookie, Giddeys FG% will increase later in the season and his jump shot will improve in the next few years. I don't know what's so irrational about these comments.
So you are saying that because Giddey tries shots further from the cup, this negatively impacts his shooting %? Or he is too small and slow to get to the cup, so he has to rely on a below par jump shot? And its a bad thing that Simmons recognizes he isn't a good 'shooter' so he gets inside and gives himself every opportunity to get a bucket - that's not smart basketball you don't think?

We don't know that his shooting will improve tbh.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So you are saying that because Giddey tries shots further from the cup, this negatively impacts his shooting %? Or he is too small and slow to get to the cup, so he has to rely on a below par jump shot? And its a bad thing that Simmons recognizes he isn't a good 'shooter' so he gets inside and gives himself every opportunity to get a bucket - that's not smart basketball you don't think?

We don't know that his shooting will improve tbh.
Too small? He's 6'6. He's quick enough and crafty enough to get to the bucket which he does often. Obviously you haven't seen him play much. He has a mismatch on most guards because of his height and length which is what makes him so effective. When you watch him more you'll appreciate his game and how great his vision is.

He was the 6th pick for a reason. What he's doing isn't a fluke. He was doing it in the NBL regularly too.

Last edited:

Malla

Reaction score
Too small? He's 6'6. He's quick enough and crafty enough to get to the bucket which he does often. Obviously you haven't seen him play much. He has a mismatch on most guards because of his height and length which is what makes him so effective. When you watch him more you'll appreciate his game and how great his vision is.

He was the 6th pick for a reason. What he's doing isn't a fluke. He was doing it in the NBL regularly too.
So if he is 6'6 why isn't he working harder to get easier looks? I actually go for OKC, I watch every game. (I was a huge Russ fan, then obviously became a huge OKC fan).
Anyway, if he has a mismatch against most guards, why isn't he doing more to get closer to the rim? Why isn't he trying to draw fouls? There is a lot about his game that needs improving.
You appreciate his vision. You don't appreciate Ben's vision?
And Simmons was the 1st pick for a reason bro lol.