NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You are clutching at straws. I think their issue is inside. They need a a big and a ball handler. Ben Simmons would be perfect for this team as presently constructed - he makes them better defensively as well. They just won't get him unless they give up either Brown or Tatum, unless it's a 3 teamer. I would love to see Simmons on this Boston team.
How am I clutching at straws? I said we'll scrape into the playoffs and are an average team. But we're not garbage. Just mediocre with two stars. Which is almost worse.

You can't get Simmons without giving up Tatum or Brown and both are much better than Simmons so it will never happen. I agree he's exactly what we need.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Bulls up by 3 vs Lakers with 15 seconds to go. Lakers ball.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Bulls win by 5. LeBron didn't even take a shot in the last 2 mins

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What do you guys think realistic trade offers for Simmons will be? I can't see them trading him in the Eastern Conference. Not to a playoff team anyway.. Teams that get rumoured like the Lakers are laughable because they can't possibly make a deal work.

Simmons has said he'll play anywhere but Philly so it doesn't have to be a contender.. These deals seem most realistic to me. I don't think they'll get much better..

OKC - Shai and a player/1st Round pick for Simmons. Simmons and Giddey would be an akward fit though.

Sacramento - Hield and Halliburton or Hield, Bagley and a pick for Simmons

San Antonio - Murray and Vassell for Simmons... I'd rather those two players if I was the Spurs but supposedly Philly turned down a similar deal before the season

New Orleans - Ingram for Simmons straight

Minnesota are interested but they can't make a deal work without giving up Edwards and that isn't happening..

Portland won't give up Lillard and Lillard want to stay. Philly don't want McCollum so I don't see that happening..
It would be fun to have Simmons and Giddey on the same team but like you said, it’s an awkward fit unless Giddey becomes a really good off the ball player.

I think it’ll be either Sacramento or Spurs. Pop could really bring out the best of Simmons.

A three team trade seems most likely.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You are clutching at straws. I think their issue is inside. They need a a big and a ball handler. Ben Simmons would be perfect for this team as presently constructed - he makes them better defensively as well. They just won't get him unless they give up either Brown or Tatum, unless it's a 3 teamer. I would love to see Simmons on this Boston team.
It would never happen in a million years but I think Simmons for Brown makes both teams better.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bringing him back to trade him
Don’t think many teams will touch him.

Ideally he’d be a great fit on many teams but I can’t see a likely destination when you factor in the risk he brings plus contracts etc

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Ideally he’d be a great fit on many teams but I can’t see a likely destination when you factor in the risk he brings plus contracts etc
Plus he'd only play for a contender and no contender has the pieces to get him. So moving Kyrie is nearly impossible right now.. He's one of the most talented players in the league but his value isn't as high as it should be because of all of the baggage and uncertainty that he comes with.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Plus he'd only play for a contender and no contender has the pieces to get him. So moving Kyrie is nearly impossible right now.. He's one of the most talented players in the league but his value isn't as high as it should be because of all of the baggage and uncertainty that he comes with.
If it wasn’t for the baggage, a trade involving Kyrie for Simmons would work for both teams.

Malla

Reaction score

I can’t see any other reason why they would bring him back. League is not going to budge and actually if anything, they might tighten the rules even more with this omicron outbreak ie. all states banning unvaxxed players

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Josh Giddey is putting up some crazy numbers his last three games.

17 pts, 9 boards, 7 assists
8 pts, 18 boards, 10 assists
19 pts, 5 boards, 11 assists

The shooting percentages aren't great but they'll improve and he's hitting 3s which is a good sign.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can’t see any other reason why they would bring him back. League is not going to budge and actually if anything, they might tighten the rules even more with this omicron outbreak ie. all states banning unvaxxed players
I think it’s for KD.
On one hand there are reports that KD has gone to management and asked them to bring Kyrie back. Whilst I also think they know they need to alleviate some of the pressure from Durants shoulders and they can’t keep them playing him 37 minutes a night. Kyrie gives them more of a chance to rest him.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Josh Giddey is putting up some crazy numbers his last three games.

17 pts, 9 boards, 7 assists
8 pts, 18 boards, 10 assists
19 pts, 5 boards, 11 assists

The shooting percentages aren't great but they'll improve and he's hitting 3s which is a good sign.
Like an early Doncic, good numbers but not efficient. He will only improve over the next 2-3 seasons and he really can become a superstar.

Malla

Reaction score
I think it’s for KD.
On one hand there are reports that KD has gone to management and asked them to bring Kyrie back. Whilst I also think they know they need to alleviate some of the pressure from Durants shoulders and they can’t keep them playing him 37 minutes a night. Kyrie gives them more of a chance to rest him.
Kyrie is gone

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Like an early Doncic, good numbers but not efficient. He will only improve over the next 2-3 seasons and he really can become a superstar.
Simmons gets all of the hype and is valued higher, but I think Giddey will have a better career. He's already hit more 3s than Simmons will ever hit so that helps raise his ceiling. He has great vision and can throw some dimes. He's already a triple double threat every night and he's not even 20 yet.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Simmons gets all of the hype and is valued higher, but I think Giddey will have a better career. He's already hit more 3s than Simmons will ever hit so that helps raise his ceiling. He has great vision and can throw some dimes. He's already a triple double threat every night and he's not even 20 yet.
He will end up better offensively for sure but Ben Simmons is arguably the best defender in the NBA. Giddey is not good defensively.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He will end up better offensively for sure but Ben Simmons is arguably the best defender in the NBA. Giddey is not good defensively.
Simmons is a freakish defender. His offensive game is way behind his D though. The worrying part is he doesn't seem wired or driven enough to work on his game the way others like Giannis with similar flaws have. Until he does that, he won't reach his potential. Which is a shame because he should be a top 5 player. Instead he's very limited and easy to guard in the half court.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Simmons is a freakish defender. His offensive game is way behind his D though. The worrying part is he doesn't seem wired or driven enough to work on his game the way others like Giannis with similar flaws have. Until he does that, he won't reach his potential. Which is a shame because he should be a top 5 player. Instead he's very limited and easy to guard in the half court.
Its not his offensive game that is way behind it’s his shooting. Ben Simmons had more assists for 3 pointers than anyone in the NBA last season so he can contribute offensively but needs to improve his shooting. Imagine him on the Warriors. He‘d set up Steph and Klay for even more 3 pointers.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Its not his offensive game that is way behind it’s his shooting. Ben Simmons had more assists for 3 pointers than anyone in the NBA last season so he can contribute offensively but needs to improve his shooting. Imagine him on the Warriors. He‘d set up Steph and Klay for even more 3 pointers.
He's always been a great passer. But sometimes he doesn't even look to score. It's not just his lack of shooting. It's his decision making and lack of aggressiveness. Even if he only shoots mainly shots in the paint and in transition, he should still be averaging close to 20. He's too talented to have 8 and 12 point games as often as he does.

No doubt even a mid range jumper will open things up for him, but he needs to be change his mentality to be a scorer first and not go into his shell and not shoot for three quarters just because he misses a few shots... Giddey has shot like shit most games but he stays aggressive and keeps putting them up. That's the mentality Simmons needs.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simmons' issue is his lack of shooting and not simply missing shots but not even taking shots... makes him a liability in 4th quarters and crunch time because he does not have to be marked off the ball and can simply be hack-a-Shaqed and sent to the free throw line

off the court, people have been questioning his character since before he was drafted (eg. see an interview from Tracy McGrady where he talks about a potential no. 1 pick and his impressions of him), his lack of work on his shooting or desire to even shoot in games which speaks to his lack of desire, and his diva behaviour at the moment in his standoff with the 76ers

why is any organisation that can be successful risk it on Simmons?