NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
For sure. I've always been into dynasty in both. Have won my dynasty NFL league three years in a row. I can't stand redraft. I find it boring.
What site do you play on?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What site do you play on?
Yahoo for NBA which is pretty shit.. Used to be ESPN for NFL but moved to Sleeper for our NFL dynasty and keeper leagues which is pretty good. Each player profile has so much info and it's better for dynasty than ESPN. Both leagues are Superflex and non PPR.

I'm also in a Salary Cap league on MFL which is PPR. MFL has a 1980's app and platform but you have way more flexibility to create any setting/rules you want when setting up the league.

Which site is your league?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yahoo for NBA which is pretty shit.. Used to be ESPN for NFL but moved to Sleeper for our NFL dynasty and keeper leagues which is pretty good. Each player profile has so much info and it's better for dynasty than ESPN. Both leagues are Superflex and non PPR.

I'm also in a Salary Cap league on MFL which is PPR. MFL has a 1980's app and platform but you have way more flexibility to create any setting/rules you want when setting up the league.

Which site is your league?
I prefer Fleaflicker. It’s free and easy to use. I commish a few free leagues which are fun. Also use Sleeper.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Has anyone tried buying nba game pass via another country using a VPN? Mexico's game pass for the year is dirt cheap. I've heard of people doing it but not sure if it worked with them

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Has anyone tried buying nba game pass via another country using a VPN? Mexico's game pass for the year is dirt cheap. I've heard of people doing it but not sure if it worked with them
Yeah I did it last year with a Brazilian VPN. Costs $100 whereas it's over $500 for Australia. It renewed this season at the $100 price.. I do the same with the NFL. The difference in price is bullshit.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ben Simmons has gone to a whole new level of diva like behaviour. He got kicked out of practice and suspended from the team because he refused to do drills. Now Embiid has had enough and is ripping him, as he should.

Just like Kyrie, I'm sick of hearing about Simmons. The guy needs to get over himself and realise even if he gets everything he wants, he's still not that good. Being the man on a team will actually expose his weaknesses more.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kyrie Irving is one of the most skilled players I have ever watched - as great a handle as I have watched, driving, finishing at the rim with either hand, great shooter, elevates in big games etc.

but he has had plenty of injury problems, does not elevate his teams (eg. Boston went to the Eastern Conference Finals without him and Hayward, his Cavaliers were in the draft lottery before LeBron returned in 2014), and he is such a divisive character (eg. demanding a trade from Cleveland, falling out with the Celtics and Boston as a whole, bad mouthing LeBron as not being clutch, throwing his Nets teammates under the bus, criticising continuing the 2020 NBA season in the bubble during the BLM protests, undermining Steve Nash's head coaching role etc.)

I am against mandates when it comes to an individual's health but Irving has not, to my knowledge, explained his position... he has simply asked for privacy... and considering the money invested in him and the reliance his teammates have on him, if he is to take such a political stance, then own it

for the record, the sort of money Irving earns not only sets him up for life but it sets his family up, and if properly managed, is the sort of generational wealth that his grandchildren, great grandchildren etc. will all also benefit from... for that, you could set me on fire
If Irving doesn’t sort his shit out Harden won’t resign. Irving is the whole reason the Brooklyn Nets broke the league with a massive big 3. A big three equal to that of Miami. So far they haven’t delivered and been extremely underwhelming. They’ve been injury plagued. I feel the nets are destined to fail. Nets need to play hard ball and pay him match payments. As he won’t play that many this season.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Irving doesn’t sort his shit out Harden won’t resign. Irving is the whole reason the Brooklyn Nets broke the league with a massive big 3. A big three equal to that of Miami. So far they haven’t delivered and been extremely underwhelming. They’ve been injury plagued. I feel the nets are destined to fail. Nets need to play hard ball and pay him match payments. As he won’t play that many this season.
if Harden and Durant can stay healthy and considering what other pieces they have, I think the Nets can still win the championship without Kyrie

as for the Nets thus far since Kyrie and Durant signed, I think it is more a case of them not being all available than being underwhelming... Harden only got traded to the Nets last season, was overweight initially from forcing his way out of Houston, and then got injured... as a playmaker for the Nets though, he looked good... Kyrie has had season ending injuries both years and now his this anti-vaxx impasse but put great numbers last year on great efficiency... and Durant missed the first year recovering from his Achilles tear

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ben Simmons has gone to a whole new level of diva like behaviour. He got kicked out of practice and suspended from the team because he refused to do drills. Now Embiid has had enough and is ripping him, as he should.

Just like Kyrie, I'm sick of hearing about Simmons. The guy needs to get over himself and realise even if he gets everything he wants, he's still not that good. Being the man on a team will actually expose his weaknesses more.
Disappointed in Simmons.

Wasting his potential and damaging any future possible move. Who wants a spoilt brat like this. But then again it is the NBA and there are a few.

Something I never knew but only found out this morning (Bet I am the last one to find out too) that Irving was born in Melbourne and holds dual Australian / American citizenship.

Just another Aussie diva.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disappointed in Simmons.

Wasting his potential and damaging any future possible move. Who wants a spoilt brat like this. But then again it is the NBA and there are a few.

Something I never knew but only found out this morning (Bet I am the last one to find out too) that Irving was born in Melbourne and holds dual Australian / American citizenship.

it was a little bit of trivia that in the space of 10-15 years, three Melbourne born players got selected no. 1 overall in the NBA draft --> Bogut, Irving and Simmons

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
it was a little bit of trivia that in the space of 10-15 years, three Melbourne born players got selected no. 1 overall in the NBA draft --> Bogut, Irving and Simmons
And Exum went no. 5

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Disappointed in Simmons.

Yeah I knew that about Kyrie as his Dad was an import in the NBL while he was born..

Dave Simmons was also an import for Melbourne but he kept living here when he had Ben so that's why he's Australian. Even though it means nothing as he's too much of a diva to ever play for the Boomers. We're better off without him anyway as the Bronze medal showed.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I knew that about Kyrie as his Dad was an import in the NBL while he was born..

Dave Simmons was also an import for Melbourne but he kept living here when he had Ben so that's why he's Australian. Even though it means nothing as he's too much of a diva to ever play for the Boomers. We're better off without him anyway as the Bronze medal showed.
it is disappointing that Simmons doesn't have that desire to play for Australia... apart from maybe Craig Johnston, I can't think of another Aussie sports star, regardless of the sport, that didn't go out of his way to play for the country

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I remember him playing for the Tigers. Used to Hate him, Gaze & Copeland.

Boomers were definitely better off without him.

If Simmons had played they would have had to change their style to fit him.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing how the Hornets go. They have an exciting young team with a good mix of experience in there!!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Curry and the Warriors with a good win over Lebron and the Lakers.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bulls start with a win!