The Consolidated Boxing Thread

russler

Waterboy
Reaction score
i watched Billy Dib get smashed on wednesday night and walk away with a title he didn,t deserve what a joke .That was like watching world championship wrestling .If Billy Dib had any class he should give the title back.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who watched the Mosley v Mayorga fight?
What a last second knockout. He absolutely creamed him with that left hook.

M

Mr Miyagi

Who watched the Mosley v Mayorga fight?
What a last second knockout. He absolutely creamed him with that left hook.
Mayorga ded lol, watched the knock out.
Did Mosley own him during the whole fight or was it an even contest?

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Vic Darchinian this Sunday for the Junior Bantamweight, 3 title unification. Dont miss it.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
SHANNAN TAYLOR VISITING ANGELES TO TALK TO MC TAVISH AND TRAINER RICK STEHELY FOR MUNDINE BOUT

Australia’s world-rated middleweight Shannan "Bulli Blaster" Taylor is visiting Angeles City on December 7 to meet with respected international referee and judge Bruce McTavish and to discuss the possibility of being trained by Rick Stehely for his February 11 battle with WBA super middleweight champion Anthony "The Man" Mundine.

The non-title fight is scheduled to take place on February 11 and Taylor is reportedly keen on getting Stehely who trained Filipino ring icon Manny Pacquiao when he won the WBC flyweight title with a spectacular eighth round knockout of Thai hero Chatchai Sasakul, to train him for the Mundine showdown..

McTavish told insidesports.ph, Standard Today and Viva Sports that should Taylor reach an agreement with Stehely, the American boxing man would spend three weeks in Australia along with McTavish to train Taylor.

Ranked No. 11 by the WBA, the 36 year old Taylor” stands 5’10” and has a record of 48-6-3 with 34 knockouts. In his last fight on October 31, Taylor scored a 12th round TKO victory over the Philippines Dondon Sultan in a Pan Asia Boxing Association middleweight title fight.

The 33 year old Mundine is the reigning WBA super middleweight champion with a record of 34-3 with 23 knockouts. Mundine won the vacant title with a 9th round knockout of Sam Soliman on March 7, 2007 dropping him once in round two and three times in round nine. In a rematch last May 28, Mundine retained his title with a twelve round unanimous decision.

Mundine who won the vacant crown had earlier won and lost the title before regaining it last year.

Mundine is currently also ranked No. 2 in the WBA middleweight rankings behind champion Felix Sturm of Germany and may well look to the Taylor fight as a good tune-up for a future title shot at Sturm.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Taylor: " I've agreed to the money - I've agreed to the venue."

Mundine’s quickness is far too much for Taylor. That being said in Taylor's Mind this is a WORLD TITLE BOUT.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
A showdown between boxers Shannan Taylor and Anthony Mundine moved a step closer following a meeting between representatives of both parties in Sydney yesterday.

The seeds of a possible prizefight were sown when Taylor visited Mundine to congratulate "The Man" after his unanimous points win over Uruguayan middleweight Rafael Sosa Pintos in Liverpool last week.

When Taylor raised the possibility of a fight with him, Mundine told him to see his manager Khoder Nasser.

A meeting subsequently took place between Nasser and Taylor's manager Jason Coorey yesterday and "The Blaster" said that it was a positive result. "We're one step closer. Khoder made an offer and I've accepted," Taylor said.

"I'm looking forward to sitting down in the next 48 hours and bringing it home to Wollongong.

"Much as I respect Anthony Mundine and he is a personal friend, once the fight starts I don't want (WIN Entertainment Centre operations manager) Milton (O'Brien) stopping it like he did at the basketball last week," Taylor said.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
i think mundane will win this one probably by unanimous decision

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Wow, 37 fights, title belt and still no big-name fights in the U.S. What do you reckon Izy? They don't rate him, or do they see him as a real threat? Surely the coin isn't an issue for the Mundine camp, so is it a talent issue or are the Seppos still dirty on his Sep 11 comments? I so much want to back Mundine, but the only challenge he's had was Kessler, who routed him with a ****ed up back.(I don't count the Ottke fight). Just interested to see what someone else thinks. Cheers mate.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, 37 fights, title belt and still no big-name fights in the U.S. What do you reckon Izy? They don't rate him, or do they see him as a real threat? Surely the coin isn't an issue for the Mundine camp, so is it a talent issue or are the Seppos still dirty on his Sep 11 comments? I so much want to back Mundine, but the only challenge he's had was Kessler, who routed him with a ****ed up back.(I don't count the Ottke fight). Just interested to see what someone else thinks. Cheers mate.
I think Mundine is up there with Jermain Taylor and Kelly Pavlik. Although Taylor has now moved on to Super Middle and Mundine has dropped down to Middle, the fight between the other Taylor (Shannon) will evaluate who out of the two will fight Felix Sturm of Germany. The WBA middleweight champion.

Whoever the winner is, they will have to fight him in Germany and I'm 100% certain about that.

Mundine to fight in the U.S? Well the only way Mundine is to get to that stage is to beat Felix Sturm and capture the WBA Middleweight, then challenge Kelly Pavlik for the fight of the century.

Imagine this...

Kelly Pavlik (US) WBC/WBO Middleweight Champion vs Anthony Mundine (AUS) WBA Middleweight Champion For a unification bout.

That's my opinion.

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
Kelly Pavlik (US) WBC/WBO Middleweight Champion vs Anthony Mundine (AUS) WBA Middleweight Champion For a unification bout.
Dr. Dre will release Detox before that match up would ever happen, that's how little I rate it's chances.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
american boxing promoters are asking too much for mundine to in the US but i think now that mundine has signed up with de la hoya's company... im sure that we will see mundane fight in the US in 09

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sunday November 30 Australian Date

At Ontario, Calif. (HBO): Verno Phillips vs. Paul Williams, 12 rounds, for vacant interim WBO junior middleweight title; Cristobal Arreola vs. Travis Walker, 12 rounds, IBF heavyweight eliminator; Shawn Estrada vs. Lawrence Jones, 4 rounds, junior middleweights; Manuel Quezada vs. Teke Oruh, 10 rounds, heavyweights; Michael Dallas Jr. vs. Jose Alfredo Lugo, 6 rounds, junior welterweights; Josesito Lopez vs. Christopher Fernandez, 8 rounds, junior welterweights

At Indianapolis: Lamon Brewster vs. Bruce Seldon, 12 rounds, heavyweights; Fres Oquendo vs. Gabe Brown, 10 rounds, heavyweights; George Blades vs. TBA, 6 rounds, light heavyweights; Kelvin Davis vs. James Brock, 6 rounds, cruiserweights; Dan Batchelder vs. Otis Tisdale, 6 rounds, heavyweights

At Lincoln, R.I.: Jason Estrada vs. Elieser Castillo, 8 rounds, heavyweights; Demetrius Andrade vs. TBA, 4 rounds, junior middleweights; Jason Pires vs. Joshua Onyango, 6 rounds, welterweights; Bobo Starnino vs. Joey McCreedy, rematch, 6 rounds, super middleweights; Eddie Soto vs. Jose Angel Roman, 4 rounds, lightweights; Keith Kozlin vs. Eric Clinton, 4 rounds, super middleweights; Omar Pena vs. Lindberg Freeman, 4 rounds, junior lightweights; Sean Eklund vs. TBA, 4 rounds, junior welterweights

At Donetsk, Ukraine: Oleg Yefimovych vs Luca Maggio, 12 rounds, for Yefimovych's European featherweight title

At Katowice, Poland: Rafal Jackievicz vs. Jan Zaveck, 12 rounds, for Jackievicz's European welterweight title

At Panama City: Jorge Linares vs. Whyber Garcia, 12 rounds, for vacant WBA junior lightweight title

At Mexico City, Mexico: Edgar Sosa vs. Juanito Rubillar, 12 rounds, for Sosa's WBC junior flyweight title

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
I think Mundine is up there with Jermain Taylor and Kelly Pavlik. Although Taylor has now moved on to Super Middle and Mundine has dropped down to Middle, the fight between the other Taylor (Shannon) will evaluate who out of the two will fight Felix Sturm of Germany. The WBA middleweight champion.

Whoever the winner is, they will have to fight him in Germany and I'm 100% certain about that.

Mundine to fight in the U.S? Well the only way Mundine is to get to that stage is to beat Felix Sturm and capture the WBA Middleweight, then challenge Kelly Pavlik for the fight of the century.

Imagine this...

That's my opinion.
Yeah, that would be the goods. I was suprised that Pavlik got done last start, even at a catch-weight of 170lbs.I don't think he's had his last hurrah at the top just yet. I agree with Mundine/Taylor having to fight Sturm in Germany. They've got their own little set-up over there eh. You've got to knock em out to win, and even then they'll claim a deliberate headbutt or some sly crap>:( Pavlik vs Mundine would be unreal. Speed and angles versus no-fear power - **** yeah! Something to hope for I guess. Cheers for the reply mate.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
american boxing promoters are asking too much for mundine to in the US but i think now that mundine has signed up with de la hoya's company... im sure that we will see mundane fight in the US in 09
Yeah, that's what I was thinking ozman, surely the money excuse can't be rolled out anymore.

raz7au

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Mundine wil make mince meat of taylor, will be over in 6.
The only thing that may affect mundine is the weight he has to lose to fight taylor.

Shannon never has and never will reach the heights mundine will. And i hate mundine.
raz

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Mundine wil make mince meat of taylor, will be over in 6.
The only thing that may affect mundine is the weight he has to lose to fight taylor.

Shannon never has and never will reach the heights mundine will. And i hate mundine.
raz
mundine cant stop anyone at this time, hasnt had a ko in 6 fights