The Chooks are Cooked

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
In a few weeks we will all be going "Dunno why we bothered with a finals series just to get 1st vs 2nd in the GF"

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we cooked, maybe? Our roster looks older with Jmoz and SBW added to a slowing JWH, but I think we have three good games left in the lads. Whether or not they are good enough remains to be seen.

If not, I'll console myself knowing we went back to back much to the chagrin of others.

I will say this, we are much more a chance of winning our next premiership before you guys.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Are we cooked, maybe? Our roster looks older with Jmoz and SBW added to a slowing JWH, but I think we have three good games left in the lads. Whether or not they are good enough remains to be seen.

If not, I'll console myself knowing we went back to back much to the chagrin of others.

I will say this, we are much more a chance of winning our next premiership before you guys.
So you should be with an unlimited salary cap TBH.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they will beat the Faders this week but that will be thier last win for 2020

Malla

Reaction score
I probably would not count them out yet.

But Flanaghan is a shit half, they aren't going to win a thing with him there.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will only be a week or 2 and then the Cocks fans will be dusting off the excuses box of their own.
Looking forward to it!
We're fielding our strongest forward pack, most experienced backline and probably our best bench so there are no excuses. We get beat, we get beat by a better side.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm writing them off.

That was Penrith in 3rd gear max.
As another kenneler said and I agree I wouldn't be writing them off yet, also the Raiders would want to improve by ten fold to beat the rorters they weren't that good against a shithouse sharks team.
I hope I'm wrong but the rorters can beat any team when their playing their best and the Raiders aren't that good.

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They were coming off a 50 point drubbing and playing for a place in the prelim. They were only kept in the game by dodgy penalties and lucky tries.... a huge amount of luck in their last two tries.... especially the last one, which Naden practically handed to them on a platter.

I won’t completely rule them out yet, but I’d be pretty surprised if they win three very tough games to take out the comp... I think they will just get past Canberra next week, but after a week off, Melbourne should be too good for them. If by some chance they get through that game, they still have to back it up again in the grand final. Four consecutive very tough finals games is a huge ask.

I expect a Penrith vs Melbourne grand final.... but I do agree this thread has the potential to backfire. I won’t fully count them out until they are gone.... but it will take a big turnaround and a fair bit of luck. I don’t think they are the best team in the comp any more.

Hopefully Canberra take some revenge for last years GF and knock them out in straight sets.
Panthers completed 36-38 and i dont think the Panthers made an error in the whole second half and they only won by 1

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me i think the issue is Keary.
He is not taking on the line like he used to before that injury where he broke his ribs.
Looks very gun shy.
Need him to dig deep into the line, but doing so exposes his ribs and i think he has no confidence.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Panthers completed 36-38 and i dont think the Panthers made an error in the whole second half and they only won by 1
Roosters second to last try should have been grounded by Penrith, roosters last try should have never been scored and was gifted to them by a ridiculous play by Naden. Not to mention the fact that despite penrith’s discipline and ball control, roosters were piggy backed the entire second half with get square penalties. The roosters were only in that game because of two key Penrith errors and some questionable refereeing. They also had every reason to get up and put in their best performance after the embarrassment of the Souths game, while Penrith had every reason to be nervous. Their nervous start was another factor that kept the roosters in the game.

If Penrith and the Roosters meet again, Penrith only have to hold their nerve and they will win and win well. It’s an unlikely scenario anyway. Highly doubtful the roosters can rebound from that game to win two very tough games in two weeks. It’s not impossible, but Penrith snd Melbourne are both more likely to win the competition and they are both more deserving.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
To me i think the issue is Keary.
He is not taking on the line like he used to before that injury where he broke his ribs.
Looks very gun shy.
Need him to dig deep into the line, but doing so exposes his ribs and i think he has no confidence.
He definitely hasn’t been at his best.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
As another kenneler said and I agree I wouldn't be writing them off yet, also the Raiders would want to improve by ten fold to beat the rorters they weren't that good against a shithouse sharks team.
I hope I'm wrong but the rorters can beat any team when their playing their best and the Raiders aren't that good.
I fully expect the roosters to win this weekend, but I think the game will be a pretty tough and competitive one and I don’t expect them to get past Melbourne the following week.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they will beat the Faders this week but that will be thier last win for 2020
The Raiders were robbed in the GF last year by another refereeing howler. They’ll be desperate for revenge and have far more size and class than the Crooks where time is starting to catch up with their players. They’re on the slide and I’m quietly confident the Raiders will be to good for the Rorters this weekend. Go the Raiders!

Northern Beaches dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters second to last try should have been grounded by Penrith, roosters last try should have never been scored and was gifted to them by a ridiculous play by Naden. Not to mention the fact that despite penrith’s discipline and ball control, roosters were piggy backed the entire second half with get square penalties. The roosters were only in that game because of two key Penrith errors and some questionable refereeing. They also had every reason to get up and put in their best performance after the embarrassment of the Souths game, while Penrith had every reason to be nervous. Their nervous start was another factor that kept the roosters in the game.

If Penrith and the Roosters meet again, Penrith only have to hold their nerve and they will win and win well. It’s an unlikely scenario anyway. Highly doubtful the roosters can rebound from that game to win two very tough games in two weeks. It’s not impossible, but Penrith snd Melbourne are both more likely to win the competition and they are both more deserving.
Panthers also scored a flukey try.
There only one in the 2nd half

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I fully expect the roosters to win this weekend, but I think the game will be a pretty tough and competitive one and I don’t expect them to get past Melbourne the following week.
Raiders are specials. Jack Wighton will tear them apart.