The CAR thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Those A series AMG hatches to me are like C63 pocket rockets and its a good thing lol
They're bullshit expensive though !!
$75k for a hatchback is stupid money !!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
They're bullshit expensive though !!
$75k for a hatchback is stupid money !!
Pricey but it's an AMG so expect to pay up lol, I'd rather fork out the extra and get a VF GTS or VF Senator and smoke most mercs lol

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just a quick update on my project, guy I was suppose to get a supercharger with its mounting kit went awol ffs

I've got a whole room of parts just sitting there, waiting for abit more before I put this thing together.

Anyone got a project car they are working on aswell?

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick question, my brakes are making this annoying sqeaky noise. All 4 are almost brand new.

Any help would be great.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You can do it your self but you need tools and parts, it might get pricey if it's hard to take them off lol
And then if you stuff it up you have expensive tools and an even more expensive mechanic bill.

I learned years ago that if a job is worth doing... pay some one who knows what they are doing.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And then if you stuff it up you have expensive tools and an even more expensive mechanic bill.

I learned years ago that if a job is worth doing... pay some one who knows what they are doing.
If you can use tools and have sound knowledge on cars you should be alright

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If you can use tools and have sound knowledge on cars you should be alright
For better or for worse, Cars are also so much more complicated (even mechanics complain).

My first car in the late 90s was an 85 VK Commodore. I bought one of those Gregorys car books from Kmart and used it to have a crack at the basics.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
For better or for worse, Cars are also so much more complicated (even mechanics complain).

My first car in the late 90s was an 85 VK Commodore. I bought one of those Gregorys car books from Kmart and used it to have a crack at the basics.
Should of kept that vk lol, I got a few of those Gregory's books but only for torque settings with my vr lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Im looking to spend may 5k on a sporty 2 door, so far I can only think of a vti-r Prelude or an Integra.

Anything to look out for? Ps I'm leaning towards the Prelude.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Im looking to spend may 5k on a sporty 2 door, so far I can only think of a vti-r Prelude or an Integra.

Anything to look out for? Ps I'm leaning towards the Prelude.
At $5k it's a gamble regardless.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Get a Commodore lol, if you are into vtec go with an Intergra if you can find one for less than 5k as they look better then a prelude I reckon.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Found a couple of nice non vtec integras from 3500-5k.

Not going to do it up or nothing, just want something small, good on petrol with a bit of features at least.

Btw I'm 6 foot and 120kgs, would an integra suit me? Lol

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Found a couple of nice non vtec integras from 3500-5k.

Not going to do it up or nothing, just want something small, good on petrol with a bit of features at least.

Btw I'm 6 foot and 120kgs, would an integra suit me? Lol
I don't think so it would hahaha, hmm guessing something 4cyl and honda would work best since they are decent on fuel maybe look at an old accord or try a 4 door civic? But you need vtec so when you hit ~5000rpm ***** know you are around lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't think so it would hahaha, hmm guessing something 4cyl and honda would work best since they are decent on fuel maybe look at an old accord or try a 4 door civic? But you need vtec so when you hit ~5000rpm ***** know you are around lol
Never heard a vtec kick in, does it actually sound good?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Never heard a vtec kick in, does it actually sound good?
When you have a cold air intake and a good exhaust system it sounds pretty damn good better with a turbo spooling up.

You get this nice induction noise then the redline sound lol

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Quick question, my brakes are making this annoying sqeaky noise. All 4 are almost brand new.

Any help would be great.

You said the brakes are brand new, take It back to mechanic who put them in.

Squeaky sound from new brakes Is not usually a problem. As it could be the run in phase for new brakes or the brake lines are not properly purged after fitting the new pads. Check brake fluid is at goid level and hasnt gone by its used by date. If all is good squeaky sound should go away within 1000 km of driving.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't know, to me if it's not an 8, it sounds shit lol

Status
Not open for further replies.