News The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs welcome two new Football Club directors as part of a new look, seven-person Board

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs welcome two new Football Club directors as part of a new look, seven-person Board.

Adam Driussi, Co-Founder and CEO Quantium

Adam Driussi (47) is an actuary and co-founded data analytics business Quantium in 2002. Since then, Quantium has grown to become a global leader with 1,000 staff in Australia, the US and Europe helping clients such as Woolworths, CBA, Telstra, Walmart, Qantas and Federal and State Governments make better decisions via data and technology.

Adam is a member of the Bulldogs Business Partnerships Committee and will work closely with the Club’s Executive to help support both existing and new corporate partners. His experience as Co-Founder and CEO of a highly successful business will also be valuable in assisting the club to continue to kick goals off the field.

"As a lifelong Bulldogs fan, it's a privilege to be able to join the Board and give something back to the club I love. I look forward to working closely with John, Aaron and the existing Board to help ensure the club is set up for sustainable long-term success."

Paul Polly, Founder and CEO, Wicked Sister Desserts

Paul Polly (43) is the Founder and CEO of Wicked Sister Desserts. Wicked Sister is one of Australia's largest dessert producers and market leading brands, supplying a wide range of chilled dairy desserts and snacks across Australia and New Zealand to customers such as, Woolworths, Coles, Aldi, Metcash, Costco, Countdown, New World and Pak'nSave, out of their state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in South Western Sydney and Europe.

Paul was previously a corporate partner of the Bulldogs and is also a member of the newly-created, Bulldogs in Business. Paul brings to the Football Club Board 20 years of commercial and strategic experience.

"As a lifelong Bulldogs supporter, I'm honoured and privileged to be joining the Football Club Board and supporting my fellow Directors, Chairman and Football Club Executives in making the Bulldogs great again"

Chairman John Khoury was pleased to welcome Adam and Paul as new Football Club directors.

“Adam and Paul are lifetime Bulldogs supporters who are not only astute businessmen, but also quality people. Both Adam and Paul were founding contributors to the Bulldogs Foundation which aims to raise funds to complete infrastructure projects and support local junior participation.”

“At a time when we are looking to continue to diversify the skills base that we have both at a Board and Management level, it is great that Adam and Paul can add a fresh viewpoint to how we operate moving forward. They both have impressive backgrounds and, most importantly, bring a real passion for the club and where it needs to get to in the future.”

John Khoury went on to pay tribute to departing directors, Jim Koutsouklakis and Adrian Turner, for their service to the Club.

“Jim Koutsouklakis has provided the Football Club with two years of remarkable service, however his expanding business interests are such that he has reluctantly advised us that he needs to pull back from his Board commitments. Jim will not be lost to us, however, as he will remain as the Vice President of the Canterbury League Club, which is a testament to his continued dedication to the Group.
“Adrian Turner’s extensive experience in the Government - Finance and Risk sectors has allowed the Club to strengthen its governance procedures and shore up our Club policies. Adrian will remain a member of the Finance, Risk and Audit committee, as well as a member of the Constitutional Reform committee. With some major work commitments approaching, we respect Adrian’s decision to stand down from the Board and sincerely thank him for his ongoing support of the Bulldogs.”
Jim Koutsouklakis said:

“I have been extremely grateful to have been part of such an incredible organisation as the Bulldogs. With the club now with a clear direction, I believe it is the right time for me to step aside and put all my energies into my business and family life.

I do so in the knowledge that the club is in safe hands and ready to return to where it needs to be as a leading club in the NRL.

I look forward to continuing to support the club and would like to thank all those people that I have worked with along the way for their passion and commitment.”

Adrian Turner said:

“It has been an honour and privilege to serve on the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs Rugby League Club Board. I am so proud of all we have accomplished in the past two and half years, and I have no doubt the Board will continue this great work into the future. I would like to extend my gratitude to the Chairman, Board, Management and Staff for all their support and kindness.”

In February 2022, all members of the Football Club Board were re-elected unopposed at the AGM. This was the first time this had occurred in eight years, providing much-needed stability at the Club.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds like we are starting to get some real
heavy hitting Businessman on the board. This could be a good thing. And mention of the constitution reform committee? Are they taking on Hansens recommendation to extend the tenure of board members? That’s interesting.

Froggo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You can’t seriously have a go at a CEO pulling his sponsorship for a couple of years because he didn’t want his brand associated with a team who has players stupid enough to put their cock in other peoples drinks.
His a life long supporter who wants to give time and money to help the team he loves.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You can’t seriously have a go at a CEO pulling his sponsorship for a couple of years because he didn’t want his brand associated with a team who has players stupid enough to put their cock in other peoples drinks.
His a life long supporter who wants to give time and money to help the team he loves.
Nobody is having a go at our great CEO. Just that wicked sister dickhead.