News The Bulldogs prodigy making waves in the NSW Cup

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He'll most definitely play first grade at some point this year but I doubt he'll play many games as they'll still need him to qualify for the nsw cup GF.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
He'll most definitely play first grade at some point this year but I doubt he'll play many games as they'll still need him to qualify for the nsw cup GF.
I don’t think they pick the first grade team to benefit the reserve grade team.
Tangatoa: ‘Nah nah Uleh I don’t care if youse need a halfback for first grade we need him for NSW Cups because semis soon’

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TK already has a Karl Oloapu thread, plus a Young dog Oloapu doing everything right thread … both rehash pretty much the exact story, @djdeep4172 you can just bump one of those threads with these type of social media posts, there’s no need to create a another new thread every time someone on socials wants to post the story again …

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His attack was good on the weekend but he missed 6 tackles. Let's give him time to physically get used to playing against men before we rush him into first grade.
I think he is second for missed tackles in reserves. 15 in total i believe.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he is second for missed tackles in reserves. 15 in total i believe.
I think that’s to be expected when your young and you’ve just recently been moved into the 7 role, the important thing is he has the talent & he’s a natural football player, he’s running games really good, he’s powerful, he’s scoring try’s and setting up try’s and he’s improving his kicking game every time he plays.

You can teach defence, as all these moving pieces become more natural to him I think you’ll see a vast improvement with his defence ..

That’s why I’m on the be patient and give him more time before bringing him into 1st grade list, there’s no rush & he’s only going to get stronger better and more confident ..

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think that’s to be expected when your young and you’ve just recently been moved into the 7 role, the important thing is he has the talent & he’s a natural football player, he’s running games really good, he’s powerful, he’s scoring try’s and setting up try’s and he’s improving his kicking game every time he plays.

You can teach defence, as all these moving pieces become more natural to him I think you’ll see a vast improvement with his defence ..

That’s why I’m on the be patient and give him more time before bringing him into 1st grade list, there’s no rush & he’s only going to get stronger better and more confident ..
Oh for sire. Not bagging him, just pointing it out. By all reports he was a very good defender, so im just mildly surprised. Thats all. He will fix that im sure.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing I can't work out is how slick our passing game is in NSW Cup.

So why can't our more experienced NRL backs pass like that ?
Because the speed of the game is faster at the top grade and any decent backline is up in defence quicker than in lower grades.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh for sire. Not bagging him, just pointing it out. By all reports he was a very good defender, so im just mildly surprised. Thats all. He will fix that im sure.
All good mate, didn’t think you were bagging him out at all ..

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It is, I'm sure you have heard the debutant 1st graders all say after their first game how fast it is compared to the lower grades
It is the time when we find out what sort of metal is a player made of !

Last edited:

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When’s your rugby boy getting his shot at first grade @ASSASSIN .. I would have thought with our injuries now would have been a good time to get him some 1st grade exposure

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
When’s your rugby boy getting his shot at first grade @ASSASSIN .. I would have thought with our injuries now would have been a good time to get him some 1st grade exposure
I'm waiting impatiently lol

I'm telling you once he cracks FG, he will cement his spot.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm waiting impatiently lol

I'm telling you once he cracks FG, he will cement his spot.
Fk man what are they waiting for, we have injuries and names like Morrin and Topine keep getting thrown around. Just give the kid his break. “Sink or swim”

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fk man what are they waiting for, we have injuries and names like Morrin and Topine keep getting thrown around. Just give the kid his break. “Sink or swim”
Sadly I think the only way he sees FG is if there are more injuries.