Opinion The Bulldogs need an NRLW team if we want to be taken seriously

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Actually there'll be 10 teams in 2023. But thanks for playing.
Yeh i know they intend to expand. Comment was about who controls it. Op was suggesting our club was to blame for us not having a team. But its up to the nrl to approve and they seem to be doing it gradually, so it doesnt cost them as much at once. While hoping it will get more popular over time.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeh i know they intend to expand. Comment was about who controls it. Op was suggesting our club was to blame for us not having a team. But its up to the nrl
You honestly think they wouldn't let us compete if we were prepared? The club dropped the ball. That's a fact.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You honestly think they wouldn't let us compete if we were prepared? The club dropped the ball. That's a fact.
You are a dumb fark Flannelette, it's NRLW, there are no balls to drop.

Always a Bulldog

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This thread defines “out of touch”.
Imagine worrying more about a novalty for political points over putting all our recourses in making the bulldogs a powerhouse club again.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am embarrassed to be a Bulldogs fan, fam. The fact it is now the year 2023 and we still don't have a women's NRL team is staggering. With all the talk of Gus being a great future planner, I ask you this - where is the planning for our expansion into the women's competition?

Now, I'm sure many of you knuckle dragging cavemen will be reading this thinking 'who cares, women don't belong on a footy field'. Bu that is an outdated and extremely limited way of thinking, my friends. The reality is, the women's game is the future.

I have a bold prediction - the women's game will have eclipsed the men's game in terms of popularity by 2070. How do I reach this conclusion? Simple mathematics. Over half the Australian population is female. Does it not stand to reason that eventually the women's game will become more popular than the men's game?

Butttt.... WoMeN aReN't As GoOd At SpOrTs!! The knuckle draggers will say. Nonsense. While men may be physically stronger, women are unquestionably smarter and more skillful... making for a more appealing product which is less about speed and brute strength and more about skill, strategy and nuance.

Furthermore, women are not complete animals. They are much less likely to bring the game into disrepute by committing sexual assault, beating up their spouses, taking dumps in hallways and stabbing church leaders. Less controversy makes for more sponsorship opportunities, greater sponsorship means more coverage and more coverage means greater popularity. It's just basic logic, la familars.

People have an unquenchable thirst for women's sports at the moment. Go down to your local watering hole and you're much more likely to hear punters discussing whether Lauren Jackson can lead the Albury Wodonga Bandits to glory than whether Lebron can do it one more time for the Lakers; more likely to hear people talking excitedly about Meg Lanning's comeback and Elyse Perry's return to form than about how much longer Warner or Smithy will keep going round; more likely to hear unnecessarily aggressive drunks debating whether Ali Brigginshaw can lead the Broncos back to the top than whether Cleary and Luai can help the Panthers threepeat.

As much as the lumbering misogynistic dinosaurs may loathe to admit it, women's sports are the future, baby! Trust me, as a current NRL player, I would jump at the opportunity to defect to the women's comp if regulations allowed it.

Trust me fam, when I say it is absolutely IMPERATIVE that members rally together and demand Gus explain to us how he plans to make our expansion into this veritable goldmine of a market a reality... before we get well and truly left behind.

There is an added bonus to us getting an NRLW team - it increases our chances of getting Millie Boyle to the club. While I think she would go very well in our men's NRL team and would out perform players like TPJ, the reality is the NRL is unlikely to sign off on Millie playing in the men's comp, so a women's team is the best way to entice the best prop in the game to our club. If we can get Millie to the club, we can also get Adam Elliott back - and we all know letting him go was a huge mistake. With a salary of a little under 500k, has developed into the best value for money lock in the game.

In summary, let's band together to make sure we get a women's team and attract league's biggest power couple since Wayne Bennett and Darius Boyd to the club, Together we can make it happen, baby!
I would prefer to sink funds into the country teams then wasting money on that crap, it's absolute shit.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
have never watched woman play league, and don't plan to. save the cash and invest into better pathways and training for our juniors.
you’re missing out to be honest. entertaining footy

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But when are the women going to have time to play professional rugby league when they have lots of housework to do and making sandwiches for their husbands?

Riddle me that @Flanagun