News The Bulldogs in danger of losing sponsor

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What the fuck? Settle down. No need for that shit. Laundy is the one that can go fuck himself.
Nah, don’t dump me with anyone else or thier views. My opinion is out there and if you want to debate it fine but not bullshit crap like that.

I have said what I think on laundy and that includes if he doesn’t step up to the plate at renewal then fuck him..

I gave an opinion based on professional experience, nothing more.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴜʟʟᴅᴏɢꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ɪɴ ꜱᴇʀɪᴏᴜꜱ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀ ᴏғ ʟᴏꜱɪɴɢ ᴀ ᴍɪʟʟɪᴏɴ-ᴅᴏʟʟᴀʀ ꜱᴘᴏɴꜱᴏʀꜱʜɪᴘ ᴅᴇᴀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜᴏᴛᴇʟ ᴛʏᴄᴏᴏɴ ᴀʀᴛʜᴜʀ ʟᴀᴜɴᴅʏ

Via Telegraph Sport Buzz Rothfield

While Laundy is upset about the sacking of his close friend Trent Barrett, this has more to do with the Bulldogs ignoring his offer to mentor players and provide financial and career advice to help them transition into retirement.

Laundy’s two-year sponsorship deal is up for renegotiation.

While the jersey exposure for his chain of hotels has always been important, Laundy’s real passion and motivation was to help the players.

Yet he feels unwanted.

“I made it clear when I first signed up that I wasn’t there just to put my money in,” Laundy said. “My expertise is not football but this was to be a partnership.

“I didn’t want a seat on the board and I didn’t want to get in the way of management.

“However, there were areas like talking to the players in a mentoring role.

“I’m 81, I’ve been around a bit and I wanted to help some of the young fellas.

“The average career span for an NRL player is only five years.

“I want to tell them to invest in bricks and mortar rather than flash cars.

“I’ve helped a lot of young fellas in the past and I can speak about success.

“Anyway, they’ve ignored my offer.”

You look at the behaviour of the likes of perennial ratbag Paul Vaughan.

How he walked out of training and spat abuse at the waiting media on Monday.

And how Laundy could have spoken to him around respect, decency and being a role model.

You think of the gambling issues in the game that have ruined so many players.

The billionaire hotelier makes no secret of his disappointment surrounding recent events at Belmore.

“At the moment, I’m not sure what I’ll do in the future,” Laundy said.

“We’re due to have talks now because the sponsorship is up at the end of the season.

“I’d be lying if I said I’m not disappointed.”

Laundy is actually a mad-keen Wests Tigers supporter.

He has become close to their general manager Tim Sheens, who invited him to the Wests Tigers chairman’s suite for the match against his Bulldogs on Friday night at Leichhardt Oval.

He is the only sponsor that comes out and sooks all the time where better off with out him
And what is he doing in the tigers box when they played against us?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
THE SOONER THE BETTER!!! ***** had the sponsorship discount deal of the century!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nah, don’t dump me with anyone else or thier views. My opinion is out there and if you want to debate it fine but not bullshit crap like that.

I have said what I think on laundy and that includes if he doesn’t step up to the plate at renewal then fuck him..

I gave an opinion based on professional experience, nothing more.
What Laundy's doing is unprofessional. That's the point. His behaviour and comments aren't what we need from a sponsor. Especially at a time like this. I hope we're never desperate enough to have to get another egomaniac sponsor like him who wants to interfere with everything and make it all about him, not the club.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What Laundy's doing is unprofessional. That's the point. His behaviour and comments aren't what we need from a sponsor. Especially at a time like this. I hope we're never desperate enough to have to get another egomaniac sponsor like him who wants to interfere with everything and make it all about him, not the club.
Gus will be having none of it either.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just like to say I called it at the time when he became sponsor, too much talk from a sponsor .

anyway he is only speaking out as probably would know that he won’t be sponsoring next year , whether his decision or the dogs decision

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴜʟʟᴅᴏɢꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ɪɴ ꜱᴇʀɪᴏᴜꜱ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀ ᴏғ ʟᴏꜱɪɴɢ ᴀ ᴍɪʟʟɪᴏɴ-ᴅᴏʟʟᴀʀ ꜱᴘᴏɴꜱᴏʀꜱʜɪᴘ ᴅᴇᴀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜᴏᴛᴇʟ ᴛʏᴄᴏᴏɴ ᴀʀᴛʜᴜʀ ʟᴀᴜɴᴅʏ

Via Telegraph Sport Buzz Rothfield

While Laundy is upset about the sacking of his close friend Trent Barrett, this has more to do with the Bulldogs ignoring his offer to mentor players and provide financial and career advice to help them transition into retirement.

Laundy’s two-year sponsorship deal is up for renegotiation.

While the jersey exposure for his chain of hotels has always been important, Laundy’s real passion and motivation was to help the players.

Yet he feels unwanted.

“I made it clear when I first signed up that I wasn’t there just to put my money in,” Laundy said. “My expertise is not football but this was to be a partnership.

“I didn’t want a seat on the board and I didn’t want to get in the way of management.

“However, there were areas like talking to the players in a mentoring role.

“I’m 81, I’ve been around a bit and I wanted to help some of the young fellas.

“The average career span for an NRL player is only five years.

“I want to tell them to invest in bricks and mortar rather than flash cars.

“I’ve helped a lot of young fellas in the past and I can speak about success.

“Anyway, they’ve ignored my offer.”

You look at the behaviour of the likes of perennial ratbag Paul Vaughan.

How he walked out of training and spat abuse at the waiting media on Monday.

And how Laundy could have spoken to him around respect, decency and being a role model.

You think of the gambling issues in the game that have ruined so many players.

The billionaire hotelier makes no secret of his disappointment surrounding recent events at Belmore.

“At the moment, I’m not sure what I’ll do in the future,” Laundy said.

“We’re due to have talks now because the sponsorship is up at the end of the season.

“I’d be lying if I said I’m not disappointed.”

Laundy is actually a mad-keen Wests Tigers supporter.

He has become close to their general manager Tim Sheens, who invited him to the Wests Tigers chairman’s suite for the match against his Bulldogs on Friday night at Leichhardt Oval.

He is the only sponsor that comes out and sooks all the time where better off with out him
So these are his exact words “I didn’t want a seat on the board and I didn’t want to get in the way of management”. What was that last part of the sentence??? Looks like he contradicts himself. Looks like we need a new sponsor. He is not to get involved in the football operations of players.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thats not the point. All good mate, agree to disagree.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
"Perennial ratbag Paul Vaughan"..

I wish someone would call out this fuckwit for disgraceful things like this that he prints the way the AFL coach confronted the scummy journo..

And they wonder why players hate the media.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
FUCK OFF.. we don’t want people whom don’t wana be here.. players and the likes. That’s been the problem for many years. Had people with the wrong agendas …

And this is why I like the appointment of Flanno. He spoke out and told the truth about the club, his son and reasons for wanting to coach here. It’s real and genuine. He will turn us into a force again. And has the clubs best interests at heart. An I am VERY excited about it all.

Whoever does not want to be here , well they can ALL fuck off.. time to turn a PAGE and start weeding out the deadwood. The pretenders - and only want the committed !! This is OUR club and WE ALL deserve to have something to be proud of.

WELCOME FLANNO. Fuck off haters/pretenders. End of :hearteyes: