News The Bulldogs in danger of losing sponsor

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴜʟʟᴅᴏɢꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ɪɴ ꜱᴇʀɪᴏᴜꜱ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀ ᴏғ ʟᴏꜱɪɴɢ ᴀ ᴍɪʟʟɪᴏɴ-ᴅᴏʟʟᴀʀ ꜱᴘᴏɴꜱᴏʀꜱʜɪᴘ ᴅᴇᴀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜᴏᴛᴇʟ ᴛʏᴄᴏᴏɴ ᴀʀᴛʜᴜʀ ʟᴀᴜɴᴅʏ

Via Telegraph Sport Buzz Rothfield

While Laundy is upset about the sacking of his close friend Trent Barrett, this has more to do with the Bulldogs ignoring his offer to mentor players and provide financial and career advice to help them transition into retirement.

Laundy’s two-year sponsorship deal is up for renegotiation.

While the jersey exposure for his chain of hotels has always been important, Laundy’s real passion and motivation was to help the players.

Yet he feels unwanted.

“I made it clear when I first signed up that I wasn’t there just to put my money in,” Laundy said. “My expertise is not football but this was to be a partnership.

“I didn’t want a seat on the board and I didn’t want to get in the way of management.

“However, there were areas like talking to the players in a mentoring role.

“I’m 81, I’ve been around a bit and I wanted to help some of the young fellas.

“The average career span for an NRL player is only five years.

“I want to tell them to invest in bricks and mortar rather than flash cars.

“I’ve helped a lot of young fellas in the past and I can speak about success.

“Anyway, they’ve ignored my offer.”

You look at the behaviour of the likes of perennial ratbag Paul Vaughan.

How he walked out of training and spat abuse at the waiting media on Monday.

And how Laundy could have spoken to him around respect, decency and being a role model.

You think of the gambling issues in the game that have ruined so many players.

The billionaire hotelier makes no secret of his disappointment surrounding recent events at Belmore.

“At the moment, I’m not sure what I’ll do in the future,” Laundy said.

“We’re due to have talks now because the sponsorship is up at the end of the season.

“I’d be lying if I said I’m not disappointed.”

Laundy is actually a mad-keen Wests Tigers supporter.

He has become close to their general manager Tim Sheens, who invited him to the Wests Tigers chairman’s suite for the match against his Bulldogs on Friday night at Leichhardt Oval.

He is the only sponsor that comes out and sooks all the time where better off with out him

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Suck me off @B-Train if you are going to make smart ass comments like that. You are a poster that says some cool things mixed with a touch of Fuckwit when you post like that…
Why? The other day you guys were defending him saying that's his right and he's not saying anything wrong.. I said it doesn't help the club and only adds fuel to the fire for the 360 fuckwits. Now he comes out again and talks more shit.

No need to get worked up. But this is the shit we were complaining about with Laundy and he's doubled down in the space of a few days. It's clear that he's taking the piss now and is more trouble than he's worth. Surely you can see that?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why? The other day you guys were defending him saying that's his right and he's not saying anything wrong.. I said it doesn't help the club and only adds fuel to the fire for the 360 fuckwits. Now he comes out again and talks more shit.

No need to get worked up. But this is the shit we were complaining about with Laundy and he's doubled down in the space of a few days. It's clear that he's taking the piss now and is more trouble than he's worth. Surely you can see that?
Bullshit. Crap comment, go fuck yourself.