The Bulldogs have splurged $4 million on two wingers. It’s the gamble they had to take

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s a very well written article from someone who understands their footy and the Bulldogs well, great job Darcie!

I’m going to say this about the Cotric deal, was it overs, yes, but it gave us some street cred in that we secured a healthy rep player with a huge future ahead of him... the Barrett signing thereafter helped, both ultimately paved the way to where we are at now. It’s only up from here since our successful recruitment drive is getting quality players interested. Club should be applauded!!

DublinDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
600k on Cotric is a major fuck up. I hope we can offload him!

JAC, Burton, Flanno is great business and it comes down to and thanks to Barrett.

There is no way Barrett approved Cotrics contract
That’s a bit extreme

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's some fussy people in here. We needed some gun outside backs after many years having solid across 1-5 and seeing better than half the try scoring chances go begging. If Cotric has a hand in 4-5 wins with efforts our previous backs couldn't manage he's worth what we paid. Hopefully in future years we won't need to recruit established expensive talent. I do love when we find an unpolished gem. But at this point in time we need ready made quality and Cotric fits the bill. If he flops I'll get disappointed then. Everyone has a clean slate in the team next year. Let them at least try to prove their worth before saying they're overpaid.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I take my hat of to Cotric, He signed on amungst all the turmoil that was happening, the infighting, Dean Pay leaving as he did, the media reports labeling us Toxic. Crotric could have walked away from us and never looked back and who would have blamed him??? No one....but he stood firm, committed to us, he signed on the dotted line and the rest is history. Did we over pay to get him to Belmore??? Hell no, his name alone has helped the club woo potential sponsors, sell memberships and got tongues wagging. As they say the first guy through the door always get bloodied. His name alone helped us recruit the signings that followed. So did we over pay??? In my honest opinion HELL NO!!!
The serbian sex god.
I am sure he will become a fan favourite

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's some fussy people in here. We needed some gun outside backs after many years having solid across 1-5 and seeing better than half the try scoring chances go begging. If Cotric has a hand in 4-5 wins with efforts our previous backs couldn't manage he's worth what we paid. Hopefully in future years we won't need to recruit established expensive talent. I do love when we find an unpolished gem. But at this point in time we need ready made quality and Cotric fits the bill. If he flops I'll get disappointed then. Everyone has a clean slate in the team next year. Let them at least try to prove their worth before saying they're overpaid.
Agree; we've paid more for players who were not up to Cotric's standard. I think he'll deliver us what we need.

DublinDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
600k on Cotric is a major fuck up. I hope we can offload him!
Please explain to me what attributes in Nicks game will make him a "class" centre?

Compare him with the likes of Manu, Staggs, Crichton, etc.....no BS excuses as he is on the big moula
Well we better offload him ASAP before he’s even played a game like you suggested then. Good thinking batman.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Please explain to me what attributes in Nicks game will make him a "class" centre?

Compare him with the likes of Manu, Staggs, Crichton, etc.....no BS excuses as he is on the big moula
This has nothing to do with his moula or his ability, this has everything to do with your perception of him being a Serb. Old hatreds and politics are a toxic concoction my friend...It's time to get over it and move on.

Last edited:

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with his moula or his ability, this has everything to do with your perception of him being a Serb. Old hatreds and politics are a toxic concoction my friend...It's time to get over it and move on.
What the fuck are you on about you knucklehead

If you cannot add anything worthwhile, get off the kennel and go for a bat, dickhead

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What the fuck are you on about you knucklehead

If you cannot add anything worthwhile, get off the kennel and go for a bat, dickhead
I have read all your negative posts re Cotric and you don't exactly endear me as an objective supporter, there is hidden malice behind your words. Prove me wrong, without the name calling if possible.