News The Bulldogs have a huge problem on their hands with fears star recruit Luke Thompson could cut his NRL stint short.

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yep i know what you are saying. But with Klemmer it was sold to fans that he couldn’t live in Sydney anymore. That has now been proven to be a lie.
That was one of the better decisions the Bulldogs made by letting Klemmer go he would have to be one of the most over-rated props running around he won’t have a go. I am glad he’s gone.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That was one of the better decisions the Bulldogs made by letting Klemmer go he would have to be one of the most over-rated props running around he won’t have a go. I am glad he’s gone.
Nah thats bullshit
In hindsight we should have kept him happy and not sign his mate on 200k more than what he is on knowing full well he had unpaid TPAs. A massive fuck up on on behalf

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If only he had no emotions or was a perfect specimen like some people around here.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd say we have a bigger issue in Napa and also Thompson from what we've seen. Klemmer's still one of the premium props in the NRL and will be selected for NSW again this year.

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd say we have a bigger issue in Napa and also Thompson from what we've seen. Klemmer's still one of the premium props in the NRL and will be selected for NSW again this year.
Klemmer, a premium prop, you must be watching different games to me.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good decision to let Klemmer go and replace him with Napa ??

Wow. I am speechless. I am without speech

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wonder if 1 thing will ever work out well for this club? It doesn't seem like it.

Dogsarnthavingaparty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So it says he is doing it tough because he has no family here, his GF cannot come here because of the Covid situation etc and he may consider going home because of all of this....
Ok, no worries, fair enough...But in the same article it is written " There is even talk that Gold Coast is watching on with interest because Justin Holbrook was his coach at St Helens."
What relevance is this if he has home sickness?
Who gives a fuck send him and the greedy **** foran to manly where's the loyalty shown from foran after dogs gave him around 3million for playing around 36 games while at dogs fucking greedy **** I can't stand ***** like foran better be careful next five games you might kick your big toe and be retired you piece of shit

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who gives a fuck send him and the greedy c*** foran to manly where's the loyalty shown from foran after dogs gave him around 3million for playing around 36 games while at dogs fucking greedy c*** I can't stand c*** like foran better be careful next five games you might kick your big toe and be retired you piece of shit
? Foran wanted an extra year. We're the ones playing hard ball. <400k and 1 year I can't really blame him tbh.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He's basically said he's doing it tough. Also that he doesn't want to leave. Hardly confirmation that he's booking a ticket home. The article is extracted from that. I don't know if you've noticed, but the media sensationalize everything.
Yeah I do notice it....every time!

But usually their MO is to keep quiet. Just wondering why, all of a sudden, Hill is expanding on the story.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It always annoyed me that Klemmer was just a metre eater at club level for us. But in rep jerseys he became aggressive as hell. On that basis alone I was easily able to accept his departure.

Yeah I do notice it....every time!

But usually their MO is to keep quiet. Just wondering why, all of a sudden, Hill is expanding on the story.
It's entirely possible that he was fed leading questions in hopes of getting a quote that would seemingly lend credence to this article. Journalists have the ability to chop and change a statement as it suits their narrative. I once spoke for 45 minutes to a journalist when I was a union rep about numerous things regarding an EBA negotiation. They took two sentences from that conversation for the article which were probably the most damaging things they could have put in the story. I spoke at length about the hopes of the workers, the improved sense of our rights and that the company was finally beginning to offer us a little bit of respect overall after a few years of essentially threatening staff with their jobs if they uttered a complaint about safety. They picked out the quotes about accidents in the workplace and based the story on that. It's not difficult to do.

If Thompson leaves it's not the end of the world. He's potentially going to be a great player for us if used correctly. But he's not in a crucial role as far as I'm concerned. My point is that this is likely a mountain being made of a molehill.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Klemmer, a premium prop, you must be watching different games to me.
Not sure what you're watching but he's averaging over 180m per game, tackling at over 95% and leading the league in offloads and 2nd in league for post contact metres only behind Taumalolo.
He may or may not be overpaid but in terms of value for money he's an absolute bargain compared to our 3 highest paid forwards (Napa, Jackson and Thompson).

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I for one had already ridden him off. But after reading this story I can difficulty see how this whole thing could have a massive affect on his mental health. Flying to a new country on your own. Then spending 2 weeks bored out of brains in a hotel with no human contact. Then finally getting out but can only go to training then home again on your own. Remember we can go to a restaurant to eat or go to the pub. But for him his stuck at home on his own bascailly all day but can only go to training. I can see how he would be going bananas.

If your mental health isn't right then 100% that would difficulty have an effect your concreation levels. Therefore I believe it would for sure have an affect on his performances on the field. I'd reverse judgement on him for now. Let's hope he gets his mental health right then hopefully his performances on the field will improve and justify his price tag. Further more I think the club could difficulty do more to help with his situation. Like getting him a roommate or move in with a teammate or something.
Again he's allowed to leave his house, he just can't go the the pub or dine in a restaurant. He's allowed to go for a drive, a walk on the beach, shoot some hoops with his team mates, etc. As I said earlier if he still has yet to make any friends within the squad that's pretty concerning to me

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It really is pathetic how much the media sensationalise these stories.. Hopefully Thompson can rip in next week and use the speculation and people doubting him as motivation.

He appears to be a hard working and driven player so hopefully we see more of aggression out on the field once he gets more settled in... He's been pedestrian so far, but I believe he has more ability than people think and hopefully we see it in the last few games.

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
From Tony Adams. Glad no one fell for the rumours :grinning: and credit to his mate @Actros for setting the record straight early days

One of the hottest rumours in recent weeks is that Englishman Luke Thompson isn't happy at the Bulldogs and wants to return home.
But I've checked out the goss and it is 100% wrong, with Thompson committed to the Dogs and new coach Trent Barrett in 2021.
The 25-year-old from St Helens didn't quite set the world on fire in his maiden season in the NRL but showed enough promise in his 10 games to indicate he will be a force next season.
Bulldogs Football Manager Stephen Litvensky confirmed that the rumours are way off beam.
"We've heard them too but there is nothing to them," Litvensky said.
"Luke is happy here, we love to have him in the place and in fact, his missus just got out of quarantine a couple of days ago.
"He was never going back - it was just a crazy rumour someone started that went out of control."

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
From Tony Adams. Glad no one fell for the rumours :grinning: and credit to his mate @Actros for setting the record straight early days

One of the hottest rumours in recent weeks is that Englishman Luke Thompson isn't happy at the Bulldogs and wants to return home.
But I've checked out the goss and it is 100% wrong, with Thompson committed to the Dogs and new coach Trent Barrett in 2021.
The 25-year-old from St Helens didn't quite set the world on fire in his maiden season in the NRL but showed enough promise in his 10 games to indicate he will be a force next season.
Bulldogs Football Manager Stephen Litvensky confirmed that the rumours are way off beam.
"Luke is happy here, we love to have him in the place and in fact, his missus just got out of quarantine a couple of days ago.
"He was never going back - it was just a crazy rumour someone started that went out of control."
Great news i think he will kill it this year

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Poor bloke. Been in the bubble since he got here. Couldn’t go out. Has a month of freedom and now his mrs arrives :(

Guy keeps on getting knocked about :p :tearsofjoy:

Che

Waterboy
Reaction score
Have some empathy, it isn't hard as a half decent human being to understand that this would be difficult for anyone.
But as men if we talk about our feelings we open ourselves to ridicule. " just get over it"
I feel for you Thommo and as a bulldogs supporter if you are reading this, this fan is 100% hoping things work out for yourself on a personal level. We as a club would love nothing more than for this to be your new home.
When we were down as a club and hadn't had good news in years you were the 1st in long long time, and I have no dought your signing was significant in our club turning the corner.
It was a massive decision on your behalf I just hope the club is doing all its power to repay that.
Hang in there your a bulldog through and through and your an important part of what looks like a team on the move.