News The Bulldogs have a huge problem on their hands with fears star recruit Luke Thompson could cut his NRL stint short.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I totally agree with your comment
I imagine that Thompson has had nothing to do with this press release and is not complaining about his current situation outside of the club more about what’s happening to him on the inside !
I agree but my comment was more about the apologists finding every excuse they can to explain his performances

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I havent or should i say seen or heard a quote from thommo himself, hard to debate this without the lads words. If it doesn’t work out for him, we can move on and wish him all the best.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So it says he is doing it tough because he has no family here, his GF cannot come here because of the Covid situation etc and he may consider going home because of all of this....
Ok, no worries, fair enough...But in the same article it is written " There is even talk that Gold Coast is watching on with interest because Justin Holbrook was his coach at St Helens."
What relevance is this if he has home sickness?
Holbrook looks like his GF if he puts a wig on!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty stupid hey. Bullfrog would have had his missus smuggled in weeks ago.
Still id rather the cash back, plenty people do it much much worse for 40 grand a year.
A softer jacko.
Peoples loved ones pass away, and they still play on weekends.
Theres more to it, doesnt want to be at canterbury i reckon.
Another one in the feather for hill and lyn. Absolute shambles.
Wasnt expecting much more to be honest.
They should consult Okunbor. He was pretty good at smuggling a girl to his hotel room, it should be easy for him to smuggle Thomo's misses into the country.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly never thought that the NRL should return at all from Covid and these things support my opinion. The Warriors players and the undue stress of the bubble causes. All for money!
It would have set the NRL back years & they'd pretty much already spent the money under their financial wiz kid Todd Greenturd. Clubs probably would have folded too. It was the best of a bad situation. There are many places that should never have shutdown at all but every politician has panicked & was too scared not to.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The pay cut was a smokescreen so St Helens would release him, Luke Thompson is no quitter, he’s been quite vocal since he had arrived at Belmore, he thought he was going to be walking into a well oiled machine, not one that was only running on 3 cylinders off the field aswell, hence 3 weeks later all the back room staff are fired !, including the man that has dropped him this week, he doesn’t need a rest just some direction, roll on next year
Well oiled machine? Hasn't he got a TV or computer?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Living by himself in isolation, ouch
That will be you for the rest of your life but surely you have the brains to acknowledge how difficult this would be for him?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It was silly bringing him out here early in a struggling team during Covid. Should have just waited for next season and a fresh start.
I said the same thing initially and most people hammered me for it. It looks like it would have been the smarter move in hindsight.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The pay cut was a smokescreen so St Helens would release him, Luke Thompson is no quitter, he’s been quite vocal since he had arrived at Belmore, he thought he was going to be walking into a well oiled machine, not one that was only running on 3 cylinders off the field aswell, hence 3 weeks later all the back room staff are fired !, including the man that has dropped him this week, he doesn’t need a rest just some direction, roll on next year
Part of me wants to believe that it was a smokescreen (as I tried to believe at the time) but I'm just not sure. Don't forget we also had to pay a release fee which was more wasted money and he's added very little this year.

I'm also confident he was well aware what he was walking into. He would have a manager who would know the goings on here, even a simple google search would tell him Pay was unlikely to be around and the general unhappiness of fans with the board etc.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our management really can’t get anything right can they? They’re applauded for bringing him over early only for it to backfire with him getting homesick in the bubble and being exposed to our club when our culture is at it’s at its absolute worst. Plus Green getting an ACL after getting signed. Some of it is our inept doing but sometimes, man it’s like Ray Dib had put some sort of voodoo curse on the joint when he left.

At this point, if he’s in as bad a headspace as what this article suggests maybe it’s best if we can find a way to ship him back to the UK for the remainder of the season. The season is gone anyway and he’s not going to learn anything off Georgalis. Best case scenario he comes back for 2021 preseason feeling refreshed, with a decent coach and environment and the Dib voodoo curse finally being lifted.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Obviously let him go home. Chances are better for him and his gf to come back together in December with serious hopes of a vaccine on its way. This year is a write off already. Its a no brainer. He's a very fit disciplined guy so let him return home immediately. He knows what he needs to work on to prepare for pre season training.