The Bulldogs best ever forward?

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark O’ Meley
But really where to stop.
SBW, Gillespie, Folkes, Willie, Dean Pay, Badger, Hetherington (hooker), Dymock, Frank, Steve Price. Travis Norton was a real good ball player..Geoff Robinson was an animal....many more

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably not the best, but from an entertainment perspective Robbo was my favourite player to watch as a kid.

Belmore used to rise as one when he took on the defensive line - the noise was incredible.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck Bella...not only was he a QLDer...but he cost us a GF!!!
Dropping the ball from the kick off certainly hurt, but when you consider the margin at the end of the game I doubt that Bella cost us the GF.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Impossible...

Robbo
Tunks
Kelly
Peponis
Folkes
Gillespie
Langmack
Hether
J Smith
Dymock
Pay
Price
Britt
Mason
O’Meley
$BW
Ryan
Asotasi
Ennis
Graham
Jackson

massive chance I’m overlooking guys too.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
from our early years, Eddie Burns and Frank Sponberg were highly rated... Kevin Ryan inspired our team to end the Dragons 11 year run but he only played a couple seasons for us

that I have watched, we had a number of great forwards in the 80's but the two that stood out most for me were Peter Kelly and David Gillespie... for the record, Paul Langmack was probably our most underrated forward... too often I think fans judge Langmack on his post career boofheadedness and not what he achieved on the field --> a better footballer than Wayne Pearce IMO

Dean Pay probably gets the nod for the 90's... he could play prop or in the back row, part of the 1995 premiership winning team, tough, played Origin and for Australia... Darren Smith was one of the most dependable players we have had... at one point or another, I watched him play centre, five-eighth, second row, hooker or off the bench for us

Steve Price probably is our best ever in terms of longevity, success, ability etc. even though I didn't appreciate his exit from the club in 2004

of the Bling Boys, Mason and SBW stand out even though I REALLY didn't appreciate their exits from the club in 2007 and 2008

I don't think any player since is in the conversation
I did really rate Jammer at his prime.
Also, for me, Folkes, Dymock and J Smith are there.
100% agree regarding Langmack. Always thought that.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Impossible...

Robbo
Tunks
Kelly
Peponis
Folkes
Gillespie
Langmack
Hether
J Smith
Dymock
Pay
Price
Britt
Mason
O’Meley
$BW
Ryan
Asotasi
Ennis
Graham
Jackson

massive chance I’m overlooking guys too.
You could almost have a first grade squad from that bunch excluding fullback and wingers surely.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mark O’ Meley
But really where to stop.
SBW, Gillespie, Folkes, Willie, Dean Pay, Badger, Hetherington (hooker), Dymock, Frank, Steve Price. Travis Norton was a real good ball player..Geoff Robinson was an animal....many more
Once upon a time we were a production line of great props. And what we couldn’t produce, we brought them over and turned them into stars.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dropping the ball from the kick off certainly hurt, but when you consider the margin at the end of the game I doubt that Bella cost us the GF.
I think it just put us on the back foot & we never recovered. The game would have been very different if we went ahead early & then bashed & ground them down...its hard for teams to recover from a significant incident like that in big games. Not for all players, but enough on a team to impact its collective performance..

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So very well said Chem....and agree with all those mentioned. Graeme Hughes was also usefull. George Taylforth could kickem from anywhere. Henry Tatna. The list goes on. Doggies always known for their tough forward packs....
from our early years, Eddie Burns and Frank Sponberg were highly rated... Kevin Ryan inspired our team to end the Dragons 11 year run but he only played a couple seasons for us

that I have watched, we had a number of great forwards in the 80's but the two that stood out most for me were Peter Kelly and David Gillespie... for the record, Paul Langmack was probably our most underrated forward... too often I think fans judge Langmack on his post career boofheadedness and not what he achieved on the field --> a better footballer than Wayne Pearce IMO

Dean Pay probably gets the nod for the 90's... he could play prop or in the back row, part of the 1995 premiership winning team, tough, played Origin and for Australia... Darren Smith was one of the most dependable players we have had... at one point or another, I watched him play centre, five-eighth, second row, hooker or off the bench for us

Steve Price probably is our best ever in terms of longevity, success, ability etc. even though I didn't appreciate his exit from the club in 2004

of the Bling Boys, Mason and SBW stand out even though I REALLY didn't appreciate their exits from the club in 2007 and 2008

I don't think any player since is in the conversation